Skyrim AE seems....less stable

So basically i have been modding Skyrim LE for a while now, and even started from scratch multiple times. But now i wanted to switch to Skyrim AE, and i have some troubles. 

For one the game seems just way less stable than its older counterpart, despite having a supposedly better engine: HDT Physics stuff for example doesnt work at all - the chains from DD for example dont animate and are just stiff and halfway in the ground, and when i get something physics based auto-equipped it crashes the game. I do have HDT-SMP installed and i have re-installed it multiple times, but it just doesnt work. I also went through some forums but there was no help there either. Funnily enough the Boob/butt physics DO work.

Also in terms of animation: IF it happens it takes soooo long to actually start the Anim. It almost feels like the game glitches out there - i use DeviousFollowers for example and dialougue triggered Sex just doesnt work.

IDK, is it just my game, or is Skyrim SE/AE just worse to mod?

Attached my mod list, (NOT Load order i do that with LOOT)

Mods.txt

16 minutes ago, nimawi said:

ok, can you perhaps give me some tipps then? Should i re-install everything? Am i missing a mod or something?

"HDT-SMP for SSE 1.5.97"

That's the version for old SE, AE should be 1.6.xxx

You have Zap version 7 AND 8 installed. Dont do that.

maybe read a beginners guide on how to properly mod your game. there are plenty of them out there.

LE -> Less stable 

SE -> Much better than LE

AE -> Garbage with Bethesda Cringeclub shit 

First what i noticed is that u have FNIS and BS installed via MO2... #lol...

Second, You could move XP32 to bottom of Your list ( so nothing overwrites it )

Third... i don't know if thats just names or its real...

but some of Your mods are for AE and some for SE...

1) Go to Your Skyrim folder ( where exe is )

2) right click on Your SkyrimSE.exe or whatever other exe u have 

3) select "properties"

4) select "Details tab"

5) in Version you can see what Skyrim u have installed

1.6.x -> AE

1.5.x -> SE

1.1 -> LE

But tbh. ur Mod Order seems to be just one big mess... its more like Mod Random... 

-> "0104","+","Deviously Cursed Loot" ( This was always causing CTD for me a lot... )

-> "0092","+","HDT-SMP for SSE 1.5.97" ( SE... I'm like Pamatronic already said... )

-> "0089","-","new new_separator" ( aha?... You can double click separators to rename them... ( or right click too ) )

-> "0095","+","Devious Devices" ( for some reason was causing Freeze for me in SE, i was using it on LE with 0 problems... idk if thats because of my poor computer or because DD on SE works less stable... but idk... DD seems worse in SE :x... )

12 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

That's the version for old SE, AE should be 1.6.xxx

i downloded that one directly off of nexus and its the only version there, apart from the VR version - so where to get that one? i googled it and its nowhere to be found

12 hours ago, ̖̪. said:

AE -> Garbage with Bethesda Cringeclub shit

yeah, its not the best, but i got it gifted to me so i cant really return it......

12 hours ago, ̖̪. said:

First what i noticed is that u have FNIS and BS installed via MO2... #lol...

why is that bad? i just linked the executables through the folders in Mo2 and both work/ have never given me problems in either 

12 hours ago, ̖̪. said:

Third... i don't know if thats just names or its real...

huh?

you can use the downgrade patch on nexus to roll back to SE if you're having trouble with AE.  Otherwise, check the compatability thread on these SE mods to make sure they aren't causing problems.  My first thought is some of this may be SE mods on an AE game causing problems.  Seems like there's a lot of that in the technical support thread since AE came out. 

I'm using SE, not AE, so I don't know for sure.

Deviously Cursed Loot has caused me problems in the past, I don't use it as my game would always crash after a while.  I believe it's a major resource hog from what I've read. 

You have a number of mods I haven't used so I can't say anything about overwrites or such, I don't know some of these may interact. 

Pamatronic and ̖̪ (The Poster Formerly Known as Tobi) are experienced modders, I am not a modder.  

1 hour ago, nimawi said:

why is that bad? i just linked the executables through the folders in Mo2 and both work/ have never given me problems in either

I don't know why that would be a problem, I run them both through MO2 as well.  As i said, I'm using SE, not AE...maybe it's different for AE?  I don't know. 

Edited by ttts1
16 hours ago, nimawi said:

ok, can you perhaps give me some tipps then? Should i re-install everything? Am i missing a mod or something?

Hello,

Why you do not use Faster HDT-SMP.

It has been updated for AE.

At the installation you can choose which Skyrim (Se) version you have (old SE, AE, VR).

Link here:

And take a look here:

Spoiler

Good luck

Edited by Shep67