porting fallout 3 models to oblivion

8 hours ago, AwesomeChan15 said:

well, I tried to import the model in max 2016, it cannot import the collision. On the other hand, why import it? After all, there are several types of collisions in Oblivion: for a static architecture - an arraye.g. wall of coffins (many)     or just statics - e.g. one coffin (it can reduce FPS if there are many such models), and something else. In any case, the collision can be easily recreated (unlike Skyrim) right in 3dsMax... But if it's an array of architecture, then you need to set it up in a nifscope so that there are no FPS drops.

not testing in game - 0.jpg

0.nif

Edited by TDA
6 hours ago, TDA said:

well, I tried to import the model in max 2016, it cannot import the collision. On the other hand, why import it? After all, there are several types of collisions in Oblivion: for a static architecture - an arraye.g. wall of coffins (many)     or just statics - e.g. one coffin (it can reduce FPS if there are many such models), and something else. In any case, the collision can be easily recreated (unlike Skyrim) right in 3dsMax... But if it's an array of architecture, then you need to set it up in a nifscope so that there are no FPS drops.

0.nif 177.71 kB · 0 downloads

So I tessted it, Worked as I expected
It's great, Thank you
Now relax and listen to this son: https://youtu.be/pWDL-KbixaE

On 2/20/2022 at 5:02 AM, TDA said:

0.nif 177.71 kB · 2 downloads

Actually, how did you create the collisions in the bhkCollisionObject?

I imported the model to max, converted it to editable poly, (applied a modifier) to stitch(Weld - operation)  the double vertices of the model (the nif-exporter always does them on the borders of a UV or different materials (textures)  ), applied the mod. pro-optimizer (reduced the number of polygons - i.e. reduced the polygons on the future collision -  it will be easier for the engine to calculate it), applied the mod. bhkCollision....bla.bla, exported , all.

But. as I already wrote, this is good for a single model - NOT architecture (where there are a lot of elements, for example, a mountain of these coffins)

Edited by TDA
On 2/22/2022 at 1:28 PM, TDA said:

I imported the model to max, converted it to editable poly, (applied a modifier) to stitch(Weld - operation)  the double vertices of the model (the nif-exporter always does them on the borders of a UV or different materials (textures)  ), applied the mod. pro-optimizer (reduced the number of polygons - i.e. reduced the polygons on the future collision -  it will be easier for the engine to calculate it), applied the mod. bhkCollision....bla.bla, exported , all.

But. as I already wrote, this is good for a single model - NOT architecture (where there are a lot of elements, for example, a mountain of these coffins)

No, I was asking the steps of creating the collisions from scratch so I can try with the other models