How to make non lockable Devious Devices?

I recently started playing modded Fallout 4 again and well aside from the visual issues everything is working great. I even converted some outfits to have an .ESP flag as ESL and so on.

I also downloaded 2 outfits made by Angeli and his armors... well they look like a bunch of devious devices but don't behave like one. I don't specify the outfits cause.. that doesn't really matter. What matter is that I want to use the keywords from Devious Devices on them to give them the corresponding Devious Device effect but I also don't want them to be lockable.

Can anybody give me a tutorial to do that with any cloth?
Can I even apply multiple DD tags to a single cloth?
Is it possible for them to not have a lock?

Hi FallFall,  I'm having some trouble understanding exactly what's the goal of your project.

Why do you want them recognized as a device, but not be locked? 

What do you mean when you say "corresponding Devious Device effect",  can you be more specific?

12 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Hi FallFall,  I'm having some trouble understanding exactly what's the goal of your project.

Why do you want them recognized as a device, but not be locked? 

What do you mean when you say "corresponding Devious Device effect",  can you be more specific?

For example the tech suit looks like a mix of balerina heels, harness and cat suit, so I want them to have the same effect as the ones in Devious Devices but I don't want them to be lockable. It has plugs but they are just there and don't do anything so I want them to behave like plugs from Devious Devices. I just don't want them to be lockable. So far.. I couldn't even get past the first part which was making them behave like the Devious devices.

17 minutes ago, FallFall said:

For example the tech suit looks like a mix of balerina heels, harness and cat suit, so I want them to have the same effect as the ones in Devious Devices but I don't want them to be lockable.

I am still trying to wrap my head around what effect you are talking about.  Do you mean the effect that AAF Sex Attributes (SA) provides which lowers or raises various numbers based on whether you are submissive or Dominant (as a result of your choice when SA pops up the message box at the beginning of the game)?  Or the effect that I saw another mod add (Which I think was linked in the DCW thread) which adds rads when wearing DD?  Or something else?

Devious devices by themselves don't have any effect on your character without another mod intervening as far as I'm aware.  They are either locked or not locked.

You could try asking your question in the Devious Devices support thread, and see what they have to say.  Maybe I'm completely missing something :(

1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

I am still trying to wrap my head around what effect you are talking about.  Do you mean the effect that AAF Sex Attributes (SA) provides which lowers or raises various numbers based on whether you are submissive or Dominant (as a result of your choice when SA pops up the message box at the beginning of the game)?  Or the effect that I saw another mod add (Which I think was linked in the DCW thread) which adds rads when wearing DD?  Or something else?

Devious devices by themselves don't have any effect on your character without another mod intervening as far as I'm aware.  They are either locked or not locked.

You could try asking your question in the Devious Devices support thread, and see what they have to say.  Maybe I'm completely missing something :(

How did AAF get into this? No literally Devious Devices effects on cloth. Like you can't manupelate locks when wearing gloves. Can't run while wearing salve hills. Stuff vibrating under certain condition. Stuff like that.

When the cloth looks like a harness and a cat suit. I want it to have the effect of wearing a cat suit and harness from Devious Devices.

2 hours ago, FallFall said:

How did AAF get into this? No literally Devious Devices effects on cloth. Like you can't manupelate locks when wearing gloves. Can't run while wearing salve hills. Stuff vibrating under certain condition. Stuff like that.

When the cloth looks like a harness and a cat suit. I want it to have the effect of wearing a cat suit and harness from Devious Devices.

I only mentioned AAF because I was trying to get a more exact definition of what you meant by the word effect.  I was not thinking about the speedmult and lockpicking debuffs.  Thank you for explaining.

The heels might be somewhat within my grasp.  You can take a look in the Devious Devices.esm and there is an Object Effect DD_Ench_Heels "DD Heels" [ENCH:042B497A]

Can just make a patch for your armor that adds something like that to your shoes maybe?

As for the gloves, could maybe do something similiar.  I'd have to look.

Edit: forgot you wanted vibrating too.  I don't think i can do that one.

DD is a complicated mod, I don't have the skills to be able to integrate something like that with it.  But maybe I can help you get something close, and it would avoid the locking completely.

Edited by Marg597
55 minutes ago, Marg597 said:

I only mentioned AAF because I was trying to get a more exact definition of what you meant by the word effect.  I was not thinking about the speedmult and lockpicking debuffs.  Thank you for explaining.

The heels might be somewhat within my grasp.  You can take a look in the Devious Devices.esm and there is an Object Effect DD_Ench_Heels "DD Heels" [ENCH:042B497A]

Can just make a patch for your armor that adds something like that to your shoes maybe?

As for the gloves, could maybe do something similiar.  I'd have to look.

Edit: forgot you wanted vibrating too.  I don't think i can do that one.

DD is a complicated mod, I don't have the skills to be able to integrate something like that with it.  But maybe I can help you get something close, and it would avoid the locking completely.

Well I managed to get the gag effect working by using keywords from Devious Devices but the rest don't seem to care about their assigned keywords.

I use FO4 edit for it btw. I am trying to get these effects on Angeli Power armor (Like it comes with cloth, not talking about the power armor itself) and Angeli explorer suit atm.

Edited by FallFall
1 hour ago, FallFall said:

Well I managed to get the gag effect working by using keywords from Devious Devices but the rest don't seem to care about their assigned keywords.

I use FO4 edit for it btw. I am trying to get these effects on Angeli Power armor (Like it comes with cloth, not talking about the power armor itself) and Angeli explorer suit atm.

I just tried to slap together an Object Effect using AbFortifyActorSpeedMult "Fortify Actor Speed Mult" [MGEF:00084278] but I can only make my character faster lol.  I knew I'd seen something before, and just found it again.  Maybe you can take a look at what JB did with the heels in this mod I pasted here.  The other mod you can lean on that I know of is Icestorms Heels.  Fortunately the link was posted in the FG conversion thread recently as they've removed their mod from the Nexus.  https://files.icestormng-mods.de/d/787267a3e362412c8751/?p=%2FIceStorm's Shoes&mode=list

For the Icestorms mod, it uses a script to make it so you can't sprint, and also effects to reduce speed and debuff agility or action points but add Charisma.

As for the lockpicking, I tried to look for something that would make lockpicking harder in Fallout 4 in the past and never found anything.  I'm afraid I won't be much help there either...  Unless there's a way to reverse engineer those perk mags that increase the sweet spot or whatever it is.

7 minutes ago, Marg597 said:

I just tried to slap together an Object Effect using AbFortifyActorSpeedMult "Fortify Actor Speed Mult" [MGEF:00084278] but I can only make my character faster lol.  I knew I'd seen something before, and just found it again.  Maybe you can take a look at what JB did with the heels in this mod I pasted here.  The other mod you can lean on that I know of is Icestorms Heels.  Fortunately the link was posted in the FG conversion thread recently as they've removed their mod from the Nexus.  https://files.icestormng-mods.de/d/787267a3e362412c8751/?p=%2FIceStorm's Shoes&mode=list

For the Icestorms mod, it uses a script to make it so you can't sprint, and also effects to reduce speed and debuff agility or action points but add Charisma.

As for the lockpicking, I tried to look for something that would make lockpicking harder in Fallout 4 in the past and never found anything.  I'm afraid I won't be much help there either...  Unless there's a way to reverse engineer those perk mags that increase the sweet spot or whatever it is.

I atcually have ice storm shoes installed. it's still up in patreon sadly the FG conversion is some releases behind

1 minute ago, FallFall said:

I atcually have ice storm shoes installed. it's still up in patreon sadly the FG conversion is some releases behind

Ya, that's what caused it to be posted recently was a request to update the FG.

1 more option for changing things with running, which you can enable when you have heels on and disable when you dont is No Infinite Running.  It's another mod no longer on Nexus, but it was posted in the forums which I link to in this post I explain how I'm using it.  But ALSO there's another feature in it when I wasn't using where you can change your speed I think.  I'm going to test it now.

3 minutes ago, Marg597 said:

Yes in No Infinite Running enable Dynamic and there's a Default Speedmult slider you can set as low as 60 which is decently slow.

I'm gonna try keep trying the DD keywords cause somethings are working. I just have to find the right keywords. Not sure if I can post the esp of the results later cause... well.. it isn't my mod. I just moded the mod

Edited by FallFall