Fallout New Vegas Trigger AMB Sound FX?

I working since almost three Month on my New Mod for Fallout New Vegas "Freeside Alive", what is already nice Big and i learned already a lot, so i am good experienced.

The Problem i have now, is that nowhere i find a Tutorial for how to Trigger SFX Sound, like when the PLayer steps close to a Door, he hears a terrible Scream?

Yea i need those Jumpscare Triggers for my Creepy Location "The Pineview Apartments, inspired by Pineview Drive from Vis, no dont worry, i buiöd all myself with Vanilla Stuff my own created Textures and i dont copy the Look of the Game Pineview Drive. I do my own Design of Apartments.

The only Thing i need to know is, how to Trigger such short Sound FX when my Player gets too close to a Door or a Window and so on.

Is there anywhere a Tutorial for Trigger short Wav Sound FX?

TYSM ALL OF YOU  ?

13 hours ago, SamanthaTraynor said:

You can create a trigger box in front of the door, or wherever you want the event to happen.

Then, inside the trigger, you attach a script with something like this:

Scn MyJumpScareEvent

int bDoOnce

Begin OnTriggerEnter Player

if bDoOnce

else

Set bDoOnce to 1

PlaySound SomeJumpScareEffect

endif

End

Make the trigger box enough big, don't make it thin as a line. SomeJumpScareEffect is a sound record you created previously in the GECK. If you have an issue, to understand if the issue is not the effect, I suggest to use an existing vanilla effect which you are sure it will play. So you can narrow down if the problem is in your wave file or in some parameters you used in the sound record.

Bethesda's first quest tutorial on the Geck Wiki gives nice insights on how to start with the GECK. You can also check how vanilla is done, they use a lot of triggers.

Edited by A.J.

OH TYSM A.J. You r the best, woooot this is awesome, TYSM 10000 Times ???  One Question, do i need to Link the Sound to the Trigger or to something or only Place it inside the Triggerbox?

I´ll try that out immediately and report back if it worked.  ?

Edit:  Btw A.J. do you know a Script for a Static Mannequin or a Static Item, so it moves from self, when a Player comes too close?

TYSM 1000 Times :)

Edited by SamanthaTraynor
Forget some Question
13 hours ago, SamanthaTraynor said:

OH TYSM A.J. You r the best, woooot this is awesome, TYSM 10000 Times ???  One Question, do i need to Link the Sound to the Trigger or to something or only Place it inside the Triggerbox?

I´ll try that out immediately and report back if it worked.  ?

Edit:  Btw A.J. do you know a Script for a Static Mannequin or a Static Item, so it moves from self, when a Player comes too close?

TYSM 1000 Times :)

No you don't need to link the sound, its form is called by the command PlaySound inside the script (the script is attached to the trigger)

To be more precise, you must create a SOUN record: take for example UIPipBoyLightOn, change its form name in SOMENAME and the GECK will ask you to create a new form, you confirm. Then change the path of this new form to wherever you saved your file. Then, you can play it with the command PLAYSOUND SOMENAME (see the previous script)

You can move items in various ways, it depends by what and how you want to move them.

A mannequin, for example, I assume it's a rigged model, like a human, where you can move arms, legs etc. so there's an extra difficulty.

Same for items, if they are rigged and you want to call an animation (i.e. the grinding wheel spinning, NVGrindingWheelActivator)

But if you only want to change their location, you can move them via script, it's probably easier but it has its cons, that depends by what you want to achieve. If you tell me more or show me the mod, we can see a solution together.

Edited by A.J.

I saw that Moveable Mannequins, means those Static Dolls in Fallout 4 in the Mod Claubstrophobia, there you came a corridor along and in the same Second some Mannequin(Those Puppets who are normal in Shop Windows) stood a few Meters in front of you as i walked closer to her, she moved from alone, idk how, away, she was gone like dissapeared.

Later i checked with TCL, that Static Puppet moved trough a Wall, so the Player thinks, he loose his Mind.

And someone told me, for this i need a Script, where Static Obejcts like a Static Chair moves from X to Y like  a few Meters.

So it looks like some Ghost have moved the Chair closer, as soon as you get too close to that Chair as Player.

Thx

typo error
17 hours ago, SamanthaTraynor said:

I saw that Moveable Mannequins, means those Static Dolls in Fallout 4 in the Mod Claubstrophobia, there you came a corridor along and in the same Second some Mannequin(Those Puppets who are normal in Shop Windows) stood a few Meters in front of you as i walked closer to her, she moved from alone, idk how, away, she was gone like dissapeared.

Later i checked with TCL, that Static Puppet moved trough a Wall, so the Player thinks, he loose his Mind.

And someone told me, for this i need a Script, where Static Obejcts like a Static Chair moves from X to Y like  a few Meters.

So it looks like some Ghost have moved the Chair closer, as soon as you get too close to that Chair as Player.

Thx

Yes then you can do it with script. One of the cons I was meaning is exactly the fact that there's no collision, but if you need it to move through a wall then it's perfect for you.

The concept is pretty easy. You can attach a script on an activator with the mesh of a mannequin, or you can create a movable static with the mesh of a mannequin and then you will use a quest script with a delay of 0.01.

The chunk of script that will move the mannequin will be something like this:

float fX

float fPos

Set fPos to MannequinREF.GetPos X

if fPos > 200

Set fX to (fPos - GetSecondsPassed*50)

MannequinREF.SetPos X fX

endif

Which basically means:

I assume the mannequin must move along its X axis. I assume that the mannequin is to some coordinate, i.e. X = 300, and will have to reach X = 200. These are all assumptions that must be adapted by your situation.

In the first line I ask for the actual X coordinate of my mannequin (which at the begin will be 300, then it will change every frame when the mannequin moves).

In the second line I say "if the mannequin X coordinate > of 200, then execute those 2 lines below"

In the two lines below, I first Set a variable called fX to the mannequin position, minus (something in parenthesis, I will tell later), and then set the mannequin to this new position

(Something in parenthesis) is a value which depends by the time (around 0.01) and a multiplier (in this case I decided 50, but it must be tweaked later)

So, every frame the mannequin will move of (about) 0.01*50 = 0.5, which means about 20-30 per second. This is the speed, and obviously will have to be tested and tweaked in game to achieve the right effect. To sum up, the mannequin will move from X = 300 to 200, with a speed of 20-30 per second, hence it will execute its move in about 4-5 seconds.

It does require some basics of scripting, did you make some scripts before? or it would be easier to do than to explain, at that point when you're ready you give me the esp and I'll write it down.

Okay, ufzzzz, this is a bit much at the Moment with Scripts, i mean the only Thing i managed, was to bring the Jukebox in FNV to run, by attach the normal RadioScriptNV to it and it worked.

Say,can i ask you something, I wanted a female Corpse to sit in a chair, but always i try she pops out to the Side or forward, how i can i bring her to not fall out of a Hotel Chair?

Yea i could pass you a copy of my ESP, i am not total finished now with Build my Pineview Apartments inspired by the Game Pineview Drive :D , but i want the Apartments big, so the Player get lost a bit in it and has to find out again  :D

Oh that Chair Move alone needs a Quest? oh geezes, i mean i can already do Dialogue Quests for Npc and Bartender Quests, but the harder one ouch.

But hey, here you can take a look on my Work, i´ve already done and the Mod is very big.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/4063544?tab=images

I cleaned and repaired Freeside and Freeside North, decorated it with Palmtrees and a Fountain with Neon Lights, a new Location i build in the old Trainstation, inside is the Vault X-01 with Enclave Enemies and a Enclave Bunker Area.

Than opposite the Entrance to Freeside you find my Wildcats Nightclub with six Gogo Girls two of them dance in Cages in that Club you find also a Swimmingpool Area and in the upper Floor a Brothel with some Girls/Prostitutes like in Gomorrah. Unfortunately idk how to bring them to offer Sex with that dark Scene.

I checked Joana´s Script and all what is linked with her, but this is a bit over my Head.

Also i didnt manage to get my Club Music in the Nightclub to run, even i followed the Instructions from Wiki Fallout NV.

So i figured myself out, without any Help, how to bring my Girls to Dance on the Stage and in Cages and finaly bring my Enclave Soldiers in the Bunker to Patrol a Route also my Deathclaw. BTW why the Blood Decals those Blue Arrows dont work, i set one out for my Horrorscene, but Blood were nowhere to see? Huh?

Oh my i think, i got still much to learn and i am willing to, but even Rome wasn´t build in a Month :)

Tysm A.J. your really great ?????

Forget some Question
4 hours ago, SamanthaTraynor said:

Say,can i ask you something, I wanted a female Corpse to sit in a chair, but always i try she pops out to the Side or forward, how i can i bring her to not fall out of a Hotel Chair?

Because probably the chair has collision where you should sit, and the havok of the dead body reacts and bounces forward.

However, if you manage to pose the body in GECK, then in game it should stay that way even if there's the collision, until you touch it (and then it'll bounce away).

If you can't manage that way, you can either try to change the chair's collision, making it smaller, or make a new static with chair + woman, which won't move at all, but at least it stays. Both solutions require some work in blender. I can help eventually but depends by the time, they're a time sink for me.

Easier for the script part, it takes me much less compared to mesh works, so hit me with the ESP when you're ready and let's see if I can solve your issue.

On 2/15/2022 at 7:35 PM, A.J. said:

Because probably the chair has collision where you should sit, and the havok of the dead body reacts and bounces forward.

However, if you manage to pose the body in GECK, then in game it should stay that way even if there's the collision, until you touch it (and then it'll bounce away).

If you can't manage that way, you can either try to change the chair's collision, making it smaller, or make a new static with chair + woman, which won't move at all, but at least it stays. Both solutions require some work in blender. I can help eventually but depends by the time, they're a time sink for me.

Easier for the script part, it takes me much less compared to mesh works, so hit me with the ESP when you're ready and let's see if I can solve your issue.

A.J. sorry i ask that much hehe, You know those Bathtubes from Fallout New Vegas, the clean ones, what i would have to do, so my Player Girl, could sit in the Bathtube with Water?

A Pose i know, but wouldn´t that need some Script?

Tysm  

4 hours ago, SamanthaTraynor said:

A.J. sorry i ask that much hehe, You know those Bathtubes from Fallout New Vegas, the clean ones, what i would have to do, so my Player Girl, could sit in the Bathtube with Water?

A Pose i know, but wouldn´t that need some Script?

Tysm  

If it's a furniture that triggers a pose, then no you don't need any script. You set the conditions on the top menu where you find all the other animations and it'll trigger automatically when you use it. There's only few cases where you'd use a script, for example if you want some more complicated scene, or as I did in the past if you want to use every bathtub in game (and not only specifically in your house) but you don't want to modify a vanilla record to avoid a possible conflict.