How to choose animations and control scenes?

Since I am a lobotomite and have no clue what I am doing for the most part I wanted to ask if there is a way to select specific animations and be able to control them i.e. not have them play and stop automatically or end the animation when I choose to

I followed the guide and everything is working just fine except for this one gripe

Also while I am here how do I trigger a scene between two npcs? I am too stupid to figure this one out on my own

3 hours ago, Vunyl said:

Since I am a lobotomite and have no clue what I am doing for the most part I wanted to ask if there is a way to select specific animations and be able to control them i.e. not have them play and stop automatically or end the animation when I choose to

I followed the guide and everything is working just fine except for this one gripe

Also while I am here how do I trigger a scene between two npcs? I am too stupid to figure this one out on my own

Press home button

As I understand it, most mods will simply use AAF to call one animation that has the appropriate tags (e.g. rape, on the floor, on a bit of furniture, M+F). If you have a whole mess of animations, you basically have no say what animation a mod like SEU will call, if there are multiple options. E.g. if you have SavageCabbage installed, without any further XML editing you end up having about 5 separate animations that could be chosen, which could be the very start of an oral sequence, the very end, something from the middle etc. 

To improve this, you either pick the UAP patch OR Indarellos patch, which edits the XMLs and groups these animations together, and its that animation group that is played by AAF. So it then becomes possible for SEU to call a scene, which plays from the intro, middle sequences, and then to the very end.

Ive never managed to get UAP to work right though, so I used Indarellos patch instead.

As for controlling animations directly, that is done via the AAF interface opened by the home button. You pick actors, locations, and animations. You end a sequence with the end key. You can also end sequences called by other mods (SEU, Violate) by tapping end key once, which will wait for a climax animation, or double tap end which terminates it straight away.

Hardship is an exception to this, the way it plays scenes is a bit more complicated. Best not to mess with it and let scenes finish on their own.

Edited by kenbenis