Distortion in edited meshes

Whenever I edit a mesh in either Blender or Nifskope, in game I get a ton of distortion. For instance, I'm trying to reduce the clipping on a pair of boots and whenever I try to test them in game, they appear in the negative zone outside of the level and stretched across the screen. And the bikini top results in a totally melted character. Anybody know what's up?

For all mesh editing that use the seleton, like armor,clothing,body,hair,... you need blender. With NifScope you get stretching or it is out of place. Objects and static meshes can be edit with NifScope.

Blender: ? Of that I have no idea.

Editing in nifskope is chancy at best.  Always remember to only use copy branch and paste branch when doing so.

Editing in Blender produces more predictable results but its success depends on you properly setting things up and exporting them.

Always make sure you delete the skeleton 1st thing when you import a mesh and import a fresh full skeleton (use the one from your characters\_male\ folder.

Can't give any further advice as you don't list what steps you are doing so I can't tell what you may be doing wrong.

Whenever I edit a mesh in either Blender or Nifskope, in game I get a ton of distortion. For instance, I'm trying to reduce the clipping on a pair of boots and whenever I try to test them in game, they appear in the negative zone outside of the level and stretched across the screen. And the bikini top results in a totally melted character. Anybody know what's up?

Could you provide some screenshots of what precisely you are trying to do?

Could you provide some screenshots of what precisely you are trying to do?

I'm just trying to separate some armors into pieces and reduce the clipping on the boots with my lower body. I'm trying to get some screenshots of the results but Oblivion is being uncooperative. 

I think he used "Transfrom-Edit" or "Transfrom-Scale Vertices" in NifScope. Works fine with objacts and statics, but not with Body and clothes. I know the stretched across the Screen and total displaced results.

The problem is that I've done stuff like this before and have never had issues until now. With both Blender and Nifskope the same thing happens. 

For all mesh editing that use the seleton, like armor,clothing,body,hair,... you need blender. With NifScope you get stretching or it is out of place. Objects and static meshes can be edit with NifScope.

Blender: ? Of that I have no idea.

The skeleton seems to have been the issue. I deleted the old skeleton and used the one in my Oblivion directory and everything is fine now...except the BBB animation on the top is a bit funky but that's a totally different story. 

Archived