Weird glitch while editing Advanced Body Slider values in ShowLooksMenu (Fusion Girl)

I have a problem with the Advanced Body sliders in-game.

Whenever I try to change the Advanced body sliders in-game (using the slm console command), the body will swap constantly between what seems like a zeroed slider (very thin body) and the actual correct body with the slider values.

In other words, every time a slider value change, there is a chance the body will become a body with no morphs applied to it, or become the body with morphs applied to it.

Sometimes, I just can't change the the body using the sliders at all on NPCs and their bodies are reverted to a thin body with everything at default it seems, even though the sliders have actual values higher than 0.

Sometimes disabling and enabling an actor or equiping items / unequip them will make the actor have the correct body (with correct morph), but changing the sliders again will make the body glitch again.

Do you have any idea what it could be? 

I have built the Fusion Girl body with Zeroed Sliders with the "Build morph" checked, and I can see that it works because I have been able to change my character's body and some NPCs with the Advanced body sliders, but like I said the body will flicker between thin zeroed to correct morph while editing sliders. The NPCs will sometimes have the wrong body when unequip their armor.

Here's what I tried

Disabled almost all my mods except for

F4SE 1.10.163

LooksMenu 1.6.20

Zex Extended Skeleton (most recent one found on Fusion Girl page)

Fusion Girl 1.86

Start Me Up (that I use to quickly tests new games when enabling / disabling mods while trying to pin point the problem)

I also have completely whiped my Stock Game folder that I used with Mod Organizer, and re-copied the original game files to make sure I hadn't overwritten anything. Then copied most recent F4SE back into it. I have nothing in the overwrite mod folder in MO2.

I have re-installed Fusion Girl with or without BodyGen support (kept LooksMenu support either way)

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help! I don't know what else to try...

Edited by thething91
  • thething91 changed the title to Weird glitch while editing Advanced Body Slider values in ShowLooksMenu (Fusion Girl)
3 hours ago, thething91 said:

I have a problem with the Advanced Body sliders in-game.

Whenever I try to change the Advanced body sliders in-game (using the slm console command), the body will swap constantly between what seems like a zeroed slider (very thin body) and the actual correct body with the slider values.

In other words, every time a slider value change, there is a chance the body will become a body with no morphs applied to it, or become the body with morphs applied to it.

Sometimes, I just can't change the the body using the sliders at all on NPCs and their bodies are reverted to a thin body with everything at default it seems, even though the sliders have actual values higher than 0.

Sometimes disabling and enabling an actor or equiping items / unequip them will make the actor have the correct body (with correct morph), but changing the sliders again will make the body glitch again.

Do you have any idea what it could be? 

I have built the Fusion Girl body with Zeroed Sliders with the "Build morph" checked, and I can see that it works because I have been able to change my character's body and some NPCs with the Advanced body sliders, but like I said the body will flicker between thin zeroed to correct morph while editing sliders. The NPCs will sometimes have the wrong body when unequip their armor.

Here's what I tried

Disabled almost all my mods except for

F4SE 1.10.163

Zex Extended Skeleton (most recent one found on Fusion Girl page)

Fusion Girl 1.86

Start Me Up (that I use to quickly tests new games when enabling / disabling mods while trying to pin point the problem)

I also have completely whiped my Stock Game folder that I used with Mod Organizer, and re-copied the original game files to make sure I hadn't overwritten anything. Then copied most recent F4SE back into it. I have nothing in the overwrite mod folder in MO2.

I have re-installed Fusion Girl with or without BodyGen support (kept LooksMenu support either way)

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help! I don't know what else to try...

You forgot to mention looksmenu version? 

Because without it morphs probably will not work, also I recomend to run game without mods and save after leaving vault, and use this save for testing instead of start me up

Hi! 

My bad I forgot to mention LooksMenu, I'm going to edit. I have LooksMenu version 1.6.20. 

And like I said the morphs seem to work, but just like at every slider value tick change, my body could revert to thin zeroed, to the correct morph. Back and forth like that. Once I have it set correctly and I have the correct morph, it will stay there.

Though some NPCs have wrong body when they unequip their armor and stuff. Using slm on them will create the same effect so I am able to restore their correct body morph like that.

Thanks for your input, I'm going to try without mods until I'm out of the vault.

It still happens, but seems better, I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me.

It seems easier to get back the morphs, but the body still keep flickering between zeroed thin to actual body morphs from the advanced sliders when changing slider values.

Thanks for your input. Any other ideas?

I also have attached a gif to better explain if it wasn't clear. Here I have a random NPC that I prid and moveto to me to test slm on. As you can see, when changing slider values, the body will "flicker".

bodymorph_flicker.gif

Edited by thething91
  • 2 months later...
On 2/8/2022 at 6:02 PM, thething91 said:

I also have attached a gif to better explain if it wasn't clear. Here I have a random NPC that I prid and moveto to me to test slm on. As you can see, when changing slider values, the body will "flicker".

Did you ever figure out how to fix this @thething01? I'm having the exact same problem.

Edit: It seems like it's probably related to Physics. CBBE alone seems fine, CBBE physics has it happen but much less often. It's not as bad with Fusion Girl but you have to keep fiddling with it for the morphs to take.

It's almost unusable like in the video above with CBBE + 3BBB or the True Wasteland Body. 

Edited by Silvertail Khajiit
additional info added
On 5/2/2022 at 8:18 PM, Silvertail Khajiit said:

Did you ever figure out how to fix this @thething01? I'm having the exact same problem.

Edit: It seems like it's probably related to Physics. CBBE alone seems fine, CBBE physics has it happen but much less often. It's not as bad with Fusion Girl but you have to keep fiddling with it for the morphs to take.

It's almost unusable like in the video above with CBBE + 3BBB or the True Wasteland Body. 

Don't use "CBBE Physics" for your body or building clothes.  It's out-dated.  You should build the body as just CBBE (and select a preset of course), and use OCBP (OCBP-2.2.5-CBBE.zip) for physics.  If you want a ready made physics preset, add this MTM OCBP - OCBPC Physics and Collision Preset.7z  (The previous statement is for plain CBBE.  You mentioned every body in your post so I don't know which one you are trying to actually use)

If you are using AAF stuff, make sure you have the latest ZeX skeleton and are following the Adult Guide (all download links are up to date here).

Edit: I can't even tell if what's in that video is an actual problem.  Does it only happen when playing with the sliders? 

Edited by Marg597

I had the exact same Problem and it was a pain in the butt. I fixed it partially when i removed ENB but the problem still occured but less frequent. Sadly i cannot tell you a proper fix but what i did to fix it ultimately was a complete wipe of FO4 and MO2 from my system (including "My Games/Fallout4" folder with save and INI files and "Appdata/Local/Fallout 4" folder. After that i reinstalled FO4, F4SE and MO2 and started from scratch. So far it has not happened again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps necro, but damn has this thread been useful.

Disabling enb, weirdly enough, fixes it.

and since cbbe physics was mentioned, and i was running without physics. i tried reversing that.

making my body have physics fixed the problem, with enb on. and the morphs now update correctly for me.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...