Help with Creation Kit modifying interior cell

Using Creation Kit through MO2, I would like to get rid of some furniture in the basement of Hendraheim (mannequins, display cases etc.) and thought of moving them outside of the cell instead of deleting them (see screenshot below).

Just disabling them in-game seems to leave the activation markers in place.

- Is this a reasonable quick-and-dirty way?

- Are there any risks involved like crashing the game after the changes are made?

- What files/folders should I backup beforehand?

- What is the correct way to save the changes?

grafik.png.763fbf74548f87ec269a8152a968ef00.png

Spoiler

grafik.png.86bb7eb061e2fe7d81c14e26b74b241f.png

Edited by Gudulba

You should not delete any assets as a general rule.  Best is to just set them as disabled along with any activation markers using the checkbox in the bottom left.  Then just click the save icon or the Save menu shown above.

You are only editing the esp file so you should back that up.

The only risks are that some other action uses that asset.  Right click on it and select "Use..." to find out.

Edited by fishburger67

Thank you for your valuable tips! I have disabled the objects as suggested.

The Hendraheim addon consists of a .esl and .bsa. When saving, CK gave me the option to save as .esp. I have now an additional ESP in my load order overwriting the default game configuration, which I think is just fine.