IGNORED

[SexLab MatchMaker] Possibly (likely, even) corrupting save games

Hiya,

just a quick heads up that there seems to be some hidden issue with the MatchMaker, which, after a while, leads to corrupted save games (as is luckily quickly noticable due to the increased cell loading times and a "freeze" when trying to save). This has happened to me on two different occassions, and while I had suspected MatchMaker to be the cause of the corrupted game in the first game, I was able to confirm the suspicion the second time.

Of course, I don't know why it would do that, but it's also caused a CTD for me in the past so something seems to be off there.

Running the latest patch of Skyrim (1.9.something I believe), with SexLab Framework, Defeat, Submit, Romance, Lover's Comfort and SexAddict and no major game-altering mods otherwise. :)

how did you "confirm" the suspicion. I find it highly unlikely MatchMaker would be capable of such. It does so little and is just 2 tiny scripts that don't do anything out of the ordinary.

Check and post your debug log for potential causes.

how did you "confirm" the suspicion. I find it highly unlikely MatchMaker would be capable of such. It does so little and is just 2 tiny scripts that don't do anything out of the ordinary.

Check and post your debug log for potential causes.

I confirmed this for my game by the simple means of disabling the plugin (and only MatchMaker) when a corrupted save game occurred, and I haven't had any problems since I permanently removed MatchMaker (note: Removing MatchMaker fixed the corrupted save game issue whenever it happened, and it never happened without MM installed). I honestly don't know why it would be causing this, it seems to be the case in my game though. Maybe it was a matter of loading order (although that makes no sense as well ...), I simply don't know why it would do that. 0_o

I'll get you a debug log next time I run MatchMaker again and this occurs, maybe we can work this out.

Archived