How to cut an object into several (Blender) ???

On 1/30/2022 at 8:06 AM, TDA said:

how to cut an object into several (automatically, I have half a million polygons -  need to put their parts into 65536 polygons)

nif exporter in Max gives me an error or stupor for more than an hour.

I work no where near 65000 polygons, as that would break TS3. I use Blender 2.80. If you are just splitting up the mesh, I often use split screen, with UV map as second screen You can highlight parts on that side and use Mesh> separate selection. Pressing "L" while holding your pointer over a section of the mesh will highlight all attached faces. You can hover over on either the edit mesh side or the UV side, depending on needs. I do not know what your UV situation is though.

Not sure about the second pic. That looks like something that often happened to me when switching from other version of Blender to 2.80 and opened a mesh made in the older Blender. I think it may have been from UV seams not splitting correctly on export from the older Blender, but not sure.

Capture.PNG.5fe168cd350de12ff25523ef3db0af69.PNG

13 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I work no where near 65000 polygons, as that would break TS3. I use Blender 2.80. If you are just splitting up the mesh, I often use split screen, with UV map as second screen You can highlight parts on that side and use Mesh> separate selection. Pressing "L" while holding your pointer over a section of the mesh will highlight all attached faces. You can hover over on either the edit mesh side or the UV side, depending on needs. I do not know what your UV situation is though.

Not sure about the second pic. That looks like something that often happened to me when switching from other version of Blender to 2.80 and opened a mesh made in the older Blender. I think it may have been from UV seams not splitting correctly on export from the older Blender, but not sure.

Capture.PNG.5fe168cd350de12ff25523ef3db0af69.PNG

I meant something like ProBoolean mod - like in max and blender- Boolean modif., but they go crazy (250,000 polygons, bec/ geometry self-intersect, because this is a stl model), in general, for UV I  need to cut the model. ..2022-02-01_155839.jpg

Edited by TDA

Again, if you have not used merge vertices by distance, you may be able to hover the pointer over the mesh and press "L".

If what you mean is to reduce the polycount??? You may try, Mesh> Clean up> Decimate geometry. That is same as decimate modifier, but allows you to see how the mesh looks as it is done in edit mode. Also, it only decimates the parts you highlight.

23 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Again, if you have not used merge vertices by distance, you may be able to hover the pointer over the mesh and press "L".

If what you mean is to reduce the polycount??? You may try, Mesh> Clean up> Decimate geometry. That is same as decimate modifier, but allows you to see how the mesh looks as it is done in edit mode. Also, it only decimates the parts you highlight.

I mean, I don't have a good UV scan. To make it, I need to divide the model EXACTLY in half how in autodesk inventor or solidworks . To more or less unwrap the mesh, and then merge with engineering precision , and then split it into pieces of 65536 polygons for the nif exporter. :)

(honestly, I'm already thinking about loading the model into an engineering program...

Edited by TDA
8 hours ago, TDA said:
I mean, I don't have a good UV scan. To make it, I need to divide the model EXACTLY in half how in autodesk inventor or solidworks . To more or less unwrap the mesh, and then merge with engineering precision , and then split it into pieces of 65536 polygons for the nif exporter. :)

(honestly, I'm already thinking about loading the model into an engineering program...

In that case, is the mesh semetrical? Mirror +x and -x??? Can you use the hold "L" and highlight, to separate the hair first, then press 1 on the numbers pad to have perfecr front view... then with box select using the center line as a guide, and split the mesh in half? It could get you started.