OStimLab SE - OStim to SexLab Event Bridge (PRE-ALPHA 0.1.0)

OStimLab SE - OStim to SexLab Event Bridge (PRE-ALPHA 0.1.0)

View File

OStimLab - OStim to Sexlab Event Bridge

OStimLab acts as an Event Bridge from the OStim API to the Sexlab Animation Framework. It recieves events from the OStim API, and Forwards those events to Sexlab with a Dummy Sexlab State for Sexlab based mods to consume.

This Makes it possible for Sexlab based mods to react to OStim scenes without a requiring a patch.

Some examples of The types of things that this can be used for: 

- Have Wet Function Redux apply Wet effects during OStim Scenes

-  Use Spank That Ass to add additional Flavor and sound effects during OStim Scenes

- Decrease your Willpower in Devious Followers from being in an Agressive OStim scene.  

THIS IS AN EARLY RELEASE FOR TESTING AND NOT TO BE USED ON SERIOUS SAVES. THIS CAN AND LIKELY WILL BREAK OTHER MODS.

Due to the nature of this mod, which spoofs and interacts with internal Sexlab state, its very possible for it to cause havok in certain mods. I am hoping to start getting some people to use this in there setup to catch any mods that explode from the sexlab state that OStimLab spoofs.

Requirements

PapyrusUtil SE

SexLab 1.63+

OStim

Installation

Just install like any other mod

UnInstallation

Shouldnt require any additional steps beyond removing from your load order

Configuration

Within the MCM menu you can Enable/Disable Specific Events to be broadcast.

By default it will Broadcast on Animation Start/End and Orgasm (both SLSO and non-slso supported)

This seems to be what the majority of mods react too, But I also added the option for on AnimationChange (But off by default)

How Does It Work

When an OStim scene begins, a new Sexlab thread is created and populated with relevant information from OStim (Actors, Aggressive, etc...) This Thread is then kept in a
"making" state during the duration of OStim Scene. This means that Sexlab will not process the thread and attempt to do animations on the involved actors, however Mods that query sexlab for actor/scene state are able to do that and use that information.

As an OStim scene progresses, OStimLab keeps track of what Actions are performed and mantains a "Transient" animation associated with the dummy sexlab thread that contains the tags of performed actions. I pasted the mapping below as far as what Tags are Populated on the sexlab thread. 

This means when an orgasm occurs or the scene ends, the Animation in Sexlab has all the tags that occured within the scene, so that mods can know what occured. 

When an OStim scene ends, the thread and transient animation is stopped and will shortly be cleaned up. 

Potential Issues / Things To Be Worked On

Sexlab is a mighty beast, and I may not be populating certain parts of state that certain mods rely on. In that case I would need to update OStimLab to ensure that state is properly  populated.

The internal Excitment system is not properly handled. It is fairly complicated, expecially with SexLab Separate Orgasm making a lot of changes to how that system works, so there might be some funkyness with mods that rely on that data. I will need to spend some more time Thinking about best way to handle that.

Tags are accumulated throughout an OStim scene. That means if you do Oral, Vaginal, and Anal, the resulting Sexlab anim will have all those tags, which might confuse some mods/leave unexpected results. 

Any mods that integrate with both Sexlab and OStim will recieve both events. So for ex. If a Pregnancy mod is listening to both, you could theoretically have twice the likely hood of getting pregnant as its running checks twice, once for ostim and once for sexlab. Its best to disable the OStim integration within that mod so it will only recieve the spoofed sexlab events.

When an OStim Scene Ends, I make a request to the Sexlab Stats system to update the internal stats (ie. sex journal), but may be missing certain features (like excitement/relation) which may cause unexpected behavior with mods that use those fields. 

What Information im hoping to gather

Due to the nature of this mod, Its difficult to plan for every way a mod can use Sexlab Events, so it would help a ton for people who care about this to share their load order and if they run into any issues with certain mods not properly responding to ostim scenes. This way I can prioritize the mods people who are using this are actually using.

Here is the Tag mapping table of OStim Scene -> Sexlab Tags

Spoiler
    if(cclass == "Sx") ;Sex
        TagToAdd = "Vaginal"
    elseif(cclass == "An") ;Anal
        TagToAdd = "Anal"
    elseif(cclass == "Boj" || cclass == "BoF") ;Boobjob
        TagToAdd = "Boobjob"
    elseif(cclass == "VJ") ;Cunnilingus
        TagToAdd = "Cunnilingus,Oral"
    elseif(cclass == "HJ" || cclass == "ApHJ" || cclass == "DHJ") ;Handjob
        TagToAdd = "Handjob"
    elseif(cclass == "Cr" || cclass == "Pf1" || cclass == "Pf2") ;Fingering    
        TagToAdd = "Fisting"
    elseif(cclass == "BJ" || cclass == "ApPJ" || cclass == "SJ" || cclass == "hhPJ" || cclass == "hhBJ")    ;Blowjob
        TagToAdd = "Blowjob,Oral"
    elseif(cclass == "Po" || cclass == "HhPo") ;Masturbation
        TagToAdd = "Masturbation"
    elseif(cclass == "VBJ" || cclass == "VHJ") ;69
        TagToAdd = "69"
    elseif(cclass == "FJ") ;Footjob
        TagToAdd = "Footjob"
    endif

Thanks For anyone who checks this out. Hopefully other people can find this useful.

Edited by ozooma10
1 hour ago, Kalysto said:

In case it helps to anybody, OBody does not require OStim to work, the author did add OStim as master but it doesn't use anything of it.

Simply calling "Clean Masters" in SSEEdit will remove the master because it doesn't have any reference in it.

OBody has some minor integrations on OStim in it's scripts, mainly for the MCM. So if you remove the master and load OBody without OStim, you won't get any MCM for OBody I imagine. Using standalone version of OBody would be a better choice I think.

1 hour ago, JoyJoyce said:

Can someone explain to stupid what exactly this thing do?

Allows certain types of Sexlab Based mods to work with OStim.

Mainly mods that perform something when the player performs sex/orgasms. (Ex. Pregnancy, Addiction, Visual Effects, Sex Quest, etc...)

This mod allows those mods to get notified of those events from an OStim scene.

Also allows OStim actions to update Sexlab stats / sex journal.

This Mod Has a hard dependency on both OStim and Sexlab (mainly because its pointless without them)

It needs to query OStim system to get scene info (actors involved, types of animations, type of scene, etc..), and it doesnt just send sexlab events but actually hydrates the internal sexlab system to update stats/ provide state for mods to consume.

4 hours ago, Kalysto said:

In case it helps to anybody, OBody does not require OStim to work, the author did add OStim as master but it doesn't use anything of it.

Simply calling "Clean Masters" in SSEEdit will remove the master because it doesn't have any reference in it.

Be careful about straying from what a mod author specifies as requirements. SSEEdit clean is *NOT* a reliable way to know if a mod requires another mod.

OBody  uses OStim to register for GameLoad events. Without OStim, OBody will not properly initialize the native SKSE dll and potentially cause undefined behavior.

That being said its trivial to remove that dependency and instead have a standard GameLoad event flow via playeralias or similar if you desire to make a patch.  

2 hours ago, zergface said:

Will this mod make ostim work with sexlab arousal? that... that would be great is literally the thing i need the most.

Currently doesnt directly integrate with Sexlab arousal / internal excitement system. I am currently working through how best to handle that to better support the Excitement <-> SL Arousal <-> SL Separate Orgasm combinations in a future update.

One thing that I've always wanted to know, what is the main difference between those mods (that are based on CE0's osex or opensex) and Sexlab?

I mean the only issue I have with sexlab is that the animations are not played instantly, they take several seconds to start and it places NPCs on top of eachother.

Does Osex/Ostim improve that?

3 hours ago, ozooma10 said:

Currently doesnt directly integrate with Sexlab arousal / internal excitement system. I am currently working through how best to handle that to better support the Excitement <-> SL Arousal <-> SL Separate Orgasm combinations in a future update.

That would be amasing!!! If this bridge can make ostim work with sl arousal it would be top tier, idk about seprate orgasm i dont use and heard its buggy.

4 hours ago, Kalysto said:

One thing that I've always wanted to know, what is the main difference between those mods (that are based on CE0's osex or opensex) and Sexlab?

I mean the only issue I have with sexlab is that the animations are not played instantly, they take several seconds to start and it places NPCs on top of eachother.

Does Osex/Ostim improve that?

From what I've experienced, Sexlab has more mod functionality and supporting mods on Loverslab. It also has more animations made for it, likely due to it being around for longer with more support. On the other hand, OSex and related mods offer an arguably more immersive and smooth experience in how animations transition between each other. I'll go into a bit more detail below.

Okay, so Sexlab animations usually involves selecting a scene/animation set and playing through its stages in a linear fashion. You can use hot keys to go forward and back, or load another set, but that's about it on scene transition. The plus side is you have loads of animations.

By comparison, OSex is an animation plugin built on top of the OSA framework, both made by CEO. The way OSex is interesting is that animation transition has branching paths, so depending on the current scene (eg standing vs lying down) you may have multiple choices on which scene to move to next. For example if you are standing there with a partner, you can either hug and kiss, lift them up, or tell them to crouch. All of these transitions comes with smooth animations, so character don't just go from standing up into lying down in a blink of an eye, and you actually see them crouch down, flip over, stand up etc. That is probably the strongest thing OSex has going for it, smooth transitions and branching scene paths (instead of multiple animations with linear path). That said it is still limited, as when you go down a scene's route and get to the sex part, the most you can do is control the speed and occasionally adjust your partner's head. 

In short, for the animations, Sexlab has a huge amount of animations that are broken into stages with linear progression, whereas OSex has limited animations all interconnected like a tree graph. Sexlab, depending on the animation set and creator, usually have more janky and rough transitions from one stage of animation to the other. OSex has transition animations for going from one scene to the next and back, and the animations are fairly smooth.

Finally I do want to touch on functionality. Sexlab have more mods that offers gameplay elements tied to the sex scenes than Osex. By comparison, OSex originally was pretty much just a nice scene player, with little to no gameplay elements attached to it. It was only after CEO went on a hiatus that OStim was build by some other modders to enhance OSex and give it some gameplay elements to accompany the sex. OStim eventually got some modular addons which added gameplay elements like virginity tracker, body slide distributer, and a small romance minigame. Ostim even got a Sexlab Defeat-like addon a while ago, although functionally Sexlab still has better gameplay integration with the various mods built on top of the framework. 

Opensex, as far as I know, is another mod build on top of Ostim as a way to break away from OSex. Yeah if you weren't aware there was a whole community drama between the OSA/OSex author CEO and the many modders making mods for OStim. CEO also has plans to make his own OSA and OSEX successor where he has more control. I haven't used opensex yet so I don't know much about it, other then that it seems to be similar to OSex.

Edited by orca92
On 1/29/2022 at 5:18 PM, Hector0818 said:

This is a great its been working well for me.  Just curious  if not no worries would it be possible for the opposite to occur where Ostim reacts to sexlab?  Thanks for sharing your mod

Its certainly a thing that could be created. I guess main question is what mod your hoping to be able to use with sexlab that only works with OStim?

12 hours ago, KingstonPrince7 said:

Question: there is a way that SexLab can triggers animations from OStim?

I think that is beyond the scope of this mod, as would require overwritting files in sexlab to "Hijack" sexlab requests to redirect to OStim, and I want to avoid making any modifications to any other mod.

9 hours ago, ozooma10 said:

Its certainly a thing that could be created. I guess main question is what mod your hoping to be able to use with sexlab that only works with OStim?

Oh wow thats awesome, I know its a complex mod but would I be able to use Oromance? Not to trigger a sexlab scene Just wondering if it would respond to sexlab animations

I am about to start up a new game and maybe serious, I only have a bare bones SexLab setup with many Ostim plugins, mainly SexLab, Banes Defeat, Aroused Redux, Eager Npcs and Animation loader. I will report back any serious issues, looking forward to the Aroused integration, It would be awesome if Ostims arousal and Sexlab arousal could integrate.