Body Question

Let me begin by saying I am new to modding.  I know how to install them, now I'm learning how to create them.  One question I have that has probably been addressed elsewhere at some point is this:  Is there any advantage of the Fusion Girl body over CBBE, or vice versa?

I see a lot of support and criticism from both sides, but I'd like an unbiased opinion.  If there's a thread about this already, I'll read that if someone can point it out.  Otherwise, opinions please?

Thank you,

DN

I think both bodies have strong advantages in their own way. CBBE is much easier to use and requires nearly no modding experience nor practice. With CBBE you install the mod, the skin texture of your preference and if you wish BodySlide to set the shape. And nearly all outfits made support CBBE out of the box. This is a strong advantage.

Fusion Girl, however, has additional bones and body morphs. It's got actual nudity in a way CBBE lacks. Where CBBE has painted on genitals, for instance, Fusion Girl has proper realism and supports the most advanced animations which CBBE would not be able to support.

But Fusion Girl requires that you either take the time and effort to learn to use Outfit Studio to make your own mashups or that you wait a very long time for somebody to release Fusion Girl conversions for you. Fusion Girl uses a non-vanilla skeleton (ZAZ Extended Skeleton), so to convert an outfit from CBBE to Fusion Girl you need to not only change the reference body and sliders but must delete some of the CBBE bones and add the ZEX bones. Often a straight copy of bone weights will ruin the outfit, especially if it had skirt/cloth physics or areas outside the reference body. So you need to make outfit by outfit decisions on what bones to copy and what to delete then try them in game.

With Fusion Girl, sometimes you even need to use a bone weight brush to make careful adjustments if a bone copy spread to where it should not have gone. For instance, if shorts just barely touch the thighs, it's usually better to delete the thigh bones from the tips of the shorts so they don't deform during some movements or animations.

If you play a vanilla or nearly vanilla game and don't care about the most advanced animations and don't care so much about realistic nudity, I'd say CBBE is more than fine.

I personally prefer Fusion Girl. It's not really even close. I prefer Fusion Girl. But it's a body which takes practice, effort and time to learn to use to its fullest.

Start with CBBE, and when you're ready decide if you wish to go to Fusion Girl.

Edited by Karna5

I started with CBBE and switched to FG. I will never return to the CBBE. It is true that not so much clothing is created for FG. But who needs clothes, I like to look at the naked body ?

The better known and good armor and clothes are already mostly converted for FG, you can find many of them here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157713-the-official-fusion-girl-175-armor-and-clothing-conversion-thread/