Does wig physics cause anyone any issues?

Well.. this time its less than a request for help but more of a question to experienced mod users, you see I been tearing my hair out lately wondering why no amount of mod removal(main ones I want, those everyone desire) would cure my game of spontaneous crashes/freezes and all other forms of none sense.

until I decided to start fresh new game, this time the only wigs in the game are probably those of Serana and Valerica which I didnt meet since they are far from beginner level encounters, essentially than it finally dawned on me... its not that my mod list is the problem.. its my darn Laptop limitations that are, here are my specs for a better understanding:

-16RAM

-11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz   2.80 GHz

-GeForce MX450

and what I wanted was apparently too much:
-Realistic Lighting Overhaul

-AI Overhaul

-Trees and grass overhaul

-High textures Overhaul

-Obsidian Weather and Season

the next section here is just me trying to describe my experience:

Spoiler

and to top it off I also added wig animations... to put it into perspective, the first time I got the Trees and Grass Overhaul, or whatever that big one is called, when I choose a specific texture for the water even though it was in 2k cause I wanted to be.. pfft... minimal, the textures didnt load, I had some patches in the world that simply had a bug where you didnt see the water, not that I gave up on everything the mod had to offer which was buildings, sign roads, roads, etc, I just disabled the water on it and the game worked better.

But with the wigs... well... first I had every one of the Bijin mod girls have a wig... in whiterun its a complete nightmare to deal with, sometimes it lags.. other times it doesnt.. it really depends on your progression level and how many darn wigs are there in one place, so I listened to someone here who recommend to not go overboard with it, and again.. there were improvements, I only had my follower have a wig and Serana and Valerica ofc(I wont budge on that one, may my PC burn).

so to get to the chase if you read all that, how was your experience with the wig physics mods? is it just me not being able to run them all and even one in the wrong place may spell disaster for my game? or are wigs really that memory heavy?

Edited by Alince

For whatever reason, wigs seem most prone to ... wigging out ... (sorry, couldn't help m'self) 

That is, at least in my experience, wigs are even more prone to going wonky than NPC breasts when they're running on SMP. 

I'm not exactly sure why, but I have noticed that wigs behave funny on movement sometimes, like a node gets caught in the fabric of Skyrim and as you move, the hair stretches away from the point... Anyway, I digress, it was just an example of wigs behaving badly... As far as their physics, it's HDT SMP right? So it probably experiences the same "blow up conditions" (instabilities)  that SMP-controlled breasts can do from time to time.

To solve - a workaround, not a true "solution for all time" - it's usually as simple as

• Unequipping, the re-equipping the wig
  • Run a console > "smp reset"

I've heard, and don't quote me on it, that using the racemenu hair version is more stable than a wig (in general) if you can opt for that, although yeah, I know...

IF YOU CAN, don't let the NPCs work on SMP unless it's needed. CBPC will do a fine job with the body for most things, and using CBPC for the body instead of SMP will free up more resources for handling the wig physics. 

And if you haven't, build the hair collisions model for your installed hairs (if it has one) 

One last meandering thought. You suggested you installed "wig animations". Not sure what that is., or refers to. Just to be clear, most or all HDT-SMP hair is (afaik) dynamically driven (using HDT-SMP), not a pre-set animation sequence fyi. 

Edited by anjenthedog
added stuffs
14 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

IF YOU CAN, don't let the NPCs work on SMP unless it's needed. CBPC will do a fine job with the body for most things, and using CBPC for the body instead of SMP will free up more resources for handling the wig physics. 

I dont quite follow... isnt the SMP just a parent file of all the physics mods? my generally understanding the CBPC and UNP are body models and SMP works on both of them

37 minutes ago, Alince said:

I dont quite follow... isnt the SMP just a parent file of all the physics mods? my generally understanding the CBPC and UNP are body models and SMP works on both of them

CBPC and SMP are the two physics engines used to control body bounce and wiggle, no matter if you're using CBBE, CBBE-3BBB, CBBE-3BA, UUNP extended (or whatever it's called), BHUNP v1, BHUNP v2, etc.

You're confusing the body types with the physics engines used to provide them with bounce/etc

20 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

CBPC and SMP are the two physics engines used to control body bounce and wiggle, no matter if you're using CBBE, CBBE-3BBB, CBBE-3BA, UUNP extended (or whatever it's called), BHUNP v1, BHUNP v2, etc.

You're confusing the body types with the physics engines used to provide them with bounce/etc

So maybe thats why I have preformance issues with the wigs? because I mixed them due to specifications for the body physics with the BIJIN mod and the CBBE one?

I have SSE CBBE bodyslide(physics) and the HDT-SMP one because of certain specifications of mods.

here is what I have that I think maybe causes me issue:
HDT-SMP:

CBBE:

I dont know if those cause me the issues im having, essentially the SMP is for the regular Bijin mod which I overwrite with CBBE anyway later on, but without it I have no body physics cause it requires AIO which requires that I have the SMP version... I think... I just had issues with trying to get the body physics without mixing some stuff around.

Edited by Alince
adding description to the links