LiP UI

View File

UI for Living is Pain 

LiP UI

UI for displaying LiP atrtibutes for player and NPCs.

UI for NPCs displayed in AAF scenes only.  Outside of AAF scenes one could use Know Your Friend to see LiP attributes of NPC

Requires Living is Pain 0.6.1 or higher with its dependencies.

Mod can be configured via MCM if it is installed.

For player and NPCs same UI widget is displayed (see screenshot above)

Widget displays LiP attributes in 4 sections:

1. Attributes related to body areas that can be stimulated

Spoiler

Attributes displayed as 4x3 table

Columns:

G - genital

A - anal

O - oral

N - nipple

Rows:

Diss - dissatisfaction

Lust - Lust

Health - Health

Corresponding values displayed in cells. For example:

Oral Lust displayed in Lust row at column O

2. Mental attributes

Spoiler

Tr - Trauma

WP - Willpower

SE - Self-esteem

Sp - Spirit

Tn - Tenacity

3. Other attributes

Spoiler

Al - Alcohol Intoxication

Dr - Drugs Intoxication

S - Sadism

M - Masochism

4. Failed orgasms counter

TODO:

Spoiler

Better widgets overlapping resolving

Better stabilization of widget's position when actor is almost motionless

Handle any screen resolution

Show/hide widgets by hotkeys

Show/hide sections of widgets with undesirable attributes

Fade in/fade out animations

Performance optimizations

Sources available at GitHub

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/04/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    F4SE, LiP

Hello,

I always want to create a very simple HUD for my own mod, but since I am a Noob to everthing regarding Widgets until now, I do not have much success with this. Ok making scripts for papyrus is not a problem, but regarding the swf files I am really in trouble.

On the adobe homepage, there is no longer any support for the swf files and so far the only working tool I've found is JPexFreeFlashDecompiler.

Everything else is not for free and I am not sure if it will work (Sothink SWFquicker)

At the moment i was trying to use the HUDframework and to modify the delivered example a little bit.

So far with my mod it was possible to access the simple textfields with the provided SendMessage function.

To have much more flexibility and to make a translation much easier I thought to send an string to the widget, with a already prepared string

in the papyrus script.

But for the hell of what reason, I cannot get the SendMessageString function to work. (I am not sure if the required changes in the action scripts done with JPexFreeFlashdecompiler does work, since this feature is marked as experimental)

Overall I am not very satisfied with the hudframework, the refresh rate is very very slow, one second ?

So in my mod I had the idea of doing some finepositioning with the cursorkeys (Left, right, up and down) using the 'Modposition' function.

It works, but the Widget "jumps" every second from one position to the next. 

My question to a someone with experience: Which tools do you use for creating the swf file ?

Regards

33 minutes ago, Kanlaon said:

My question to a someone with experience: Which tools do you use for creating the swf file ?

I used FlashDevelop.

But there is a problem with Fallout 4 "embedded" fonts usage. I didn't found any working option to use these fonts in FlashDevelop project. Maybe I just was not insistent enough.

33 minutes ago, Kanlaon said:

Overall I am not very satisfied with the hudframework, the refresh rate is very very slow, one second ?

2 seconds from my experience. And I totaly rejected HUDFramework usage in my UI.

I will share source codes later when I will be satisfied with code quality, so you will be able to get an example.

Edited by Dlinny_Lag
6 minutes ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

I used FlashDevelop.

But there is a problem with Fallout 4 "embedded" fonts usage. I didn't find any working option to use these fonts in FlashDevelop project. Maybe I just was not insistent enough.

2 seconds from my experience. And I totaly rejected HUDFramework usage in my UI.

I will share source codes later when I will be satisfied with code quality, so you will be able to get an example.

Ok, thanks in advance. I have installed Flashdevelop inclusive dependencies, but I never found out how to use it together with an swf file.

'My' installed flashdevelopversion submit swc libraries. I've also tried the old and free vectorian giotto, but this graphic tools produces a ton of ctd's and supports only the older actionscript 2

grafik.png.3ec3eeaa90a7af168cb0b7387a4b7c7b.png

13 minutes ago, Kanlaon said:

but I never found out how to use it together with an swf file.

Not sure what do you mean "use together". 

I created project from AS3 Project template, added necessary files, selected at least one .as file as Document Class (I would name it entry point) and built swf file.

Spoiler

image.png.66e08e591f784885fec2e5f44f76c05b.png

Edited by Dlinny_Lag

Hmm, i always thought to make my widget in the old way. With together I mean you have an editor, that allows it easily to build static elements for the widget.

--> It is more easy to understand for beginners like me.

So the already with the graphic tool created elements can than be modified or get extended features using action script. I assume formerly this was possible with adobe.

For me it seems that the realization of your Lip UI is completely dynamic. Everything is done with actionscript, but maybe that is the only good way now.

21 minutes ago, Kanlaon said:

With together I mean you have an editor, that allows it easily to build static elements for the widget.

As I understand you can use .FLV files with static elements in FlashDevelop project.

21 minutes ago, Kanlaon said:

it seems that the realization of your Lip UI is completely dynamic.

You are right. There are multiple reasons to implement UI in such way. One of the reasons - correct, from my point of view, animations. Animation frames progression is controlled by C++ code in F4SE plugin, not by Flash insfrastructure. With such approach I'm able to handle freezes of UI caused by other reasons (UI mods and 3D engine) and my animations continues after freezing without animation frames skipping and without animation speed changing.

Edited by Dlinny_Lag
5 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

Oh, so it's not only me who finds that software completely unusable? I tried to have it as a middleware for my swf plugin which in the end failed miserably.

Reading this thread leads me to believe this isn't the only way of cooking UI in Fallout4? If so it brings me hope.

Edited by Operand