FOMM Problem

AnthonyRay

FOMM keeps opening New Vegas with a gigantic screen size that I cant move, adjust, or maximize. No matter what I put as game settings, which I WANT to be Fullscreen at 1600*900, it opens it at what seems to be windowed at larger than 1920*1080.

I can open the game just fine with the vanilla launcher, but then my mods don't work.

Any fix?

go to your documents\my games\FalloutNV\ and find your fallout.ini file. Open it in notepad and find "bFull Screen=" It should have a "1" after the equal sign for full screen. If it has "0" change it to "1" and save it and try to load it again.

Another option is to rename the fallout.ini to fallout.ini-disabled. This will force the game to make a new one.

Did you try starting directly from the game.exe (yes you won't have mods this way) and then change the display - then escape out and quit the game then try through FOMM?

If that doesn't work then you might check your graphics card software (assuming it is running) and see if somehow you have locked the screen size into it.

Actually, now that I try again, the game exe opens the same way FoMM opens. But the screen size is so big, I can't change any settings in game, unless you mean opening with the launcher.

Edit: Okay, I got it to work. It seems I just had to put in some custom launch command. Not sure why.

But now I have another problem, my mods don't seem to be working.

Let's try one more thing:

1. Go to your FNV install directory and find: "FalloutNVLauncher.exe"

2. Right click on "FalloutNVLauncher.exe" and choose "Run As Administrator"

3. Left click on the "options" button.

4. Select 16:9 on the Aspect Ratio

5. Select 1600x900 on the Resolution

6. Pick any other options you want (antialiasing and such)

7. Make sure Windowed is NOT checked

8. Click the "ok" button

9. Hit Play and see if your 1600x900 works. If so then exit out and try again through FOMM.

EDIT: Your mods won't work unless you launch with FOMM OR nvse_loader.exe

If you're using nvse try the nvse launcher...

If this don't work disable everything in fomm, launch the game once and re-enable...

If nothing else work there is a bigger problem...

rename your data folder and either

reinstall the game...

Or check your files if you're in steam...

Then copy back your data folder re-enable in fomm

It's a pain but it fixed some problems I had

Archived