On 12/5/2021 at 1:37 AM, J.Rose said:

is there a drone mod for the sims 3???

Gotta_Stream_%27em_All_Streaming_Drone.png

Not sure what 'drone' means for a Sims 3 application. There are a couple of different life states, some of which have had mods made for them creating a different appearance but without a specific script to make them 'something else'.

My first impression would be for someone to simply make a new mesh for a plumbot since they already have a floating version instead of just bipedal. Without arms though things being manipulated by this 'drone' would be strange looking unless someone was incredibly awesome and would include some light effect that looked like a 'tractor beam'. I have a great imagination, but no skills to make thoughts into reality (mod making).

If one wonders how far this could go - just check out the R2D2 mod - even though it's made to change a person, KW has the option to change a Sim into a Plumbot, so this R2D2 mod can be more 'robotic' by removing trait chips and adding others if needed.

Screenshot-147.jpg.42b0ad93ef015bb94c059b1f0c7320a8.jpg

https://lordsimlish.tumblr.com/simwars

>>>> Just had a thought - maybe it would be 'easiest' to just make a plumbot with only a visible 'floating mechanism'. This means a head/body/arms would need to be made invisible as a separate attachment. I've seen invisible feet many times, and the Venus Princess Straight Jackets use 'invisible arms'.

Now only a basic floating mechanism, or a custom meshed one would give us a small 'drone-like' object flying around. If this 'sim' was too close to the ground, NRaas has mods to raise/lower the sim 'permanently' until changed.

sims-3-plumbot-schwebemachinismus-1-150x150.png.b27c2779cb0195519476056686546314.png

Edited by landess
Because I can't turn off my brain, only subdue it.
46 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

TS4 thing

So it's just an odd looking 'present day drone with camera'.

Well, there'd be no script to have it follow around and take pictures unless one could apply the Paparazzi scripts from Late Night.   Hmmm, Paparazzi Plumbot Drones . . . .

Big Brother is Watching

1 hour ago, landess said:

So it's just an odd looking 'present day drone with camera'.

Well, there'd be no script to have it follow around and take pictures unless one could apply the Paparazzi scripts from Late Night.   Hmmm, Paparazzi Plumbot Drones . . . .

Big Brother is Watching

Would be neat, but I put trying to write script and .dlls on indefinite hold