Back to Oblivion!

Arcenciel

Hi everyone. I haven't touched Oblivion since I uninstalled it a couple days after collecting my preorder from the local retail store. My two biggest gripes with the game was:

1. The leveling system is retarded. Running, talking and jumping too much levels you up. You end up fighting lvl 5 mobs with lvl 1 combat stats if you fool around.

2. Everyone is ugly. It's impossible to create a character who looks halfway decent, A few of the NPCs go beyond plain ugly; they're eye cancer.

However, while looking for clips for Skyrim, I came upon this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWniqG4DgoE

I reinstalled Oblivion immediately and I'm downloading all the related mods to get her now lol.What I'd like to know is, was there ever a mod to fix Gripe #1? Also, what are some of the standard mods everyone uses? I'm just getting back into the game and the amount of mods is overwhelming.

Well, gripe as we may...there is no comparison to Oblivion.

Not any of the fallout games...

Not Dragon age...

I'm feeling that more and more as I play FONV.

Guns are just NO FUN and I don't even feel like playing the DLCs just because I have no excitement like in Oblivion with xLovers.

If I have to upgrade my MOBO/CPU/RAM I will. I have to get back to playing my Oblivion install before 2012.

:(

1. The leveling system is retarded. Running' date=' talking and jumping too much levels you up. You end up fighting lvl 5 mobs with lvl 1 combat stats if you fool around.

What I'd like to know is, was there ever a mod to fix Gripe #1?

[/quote']

I use nGCD. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14065

There are other leveling mods and overhauls out there, most of which I never actually tried. But this one has been sufficient for me, to remove all the messing around trying to optimize leveling certain numbers of skills.

i'm gonna use oblivion xp for leveling when i start my new game...there's a lovers xp plugin that gives you exp for having H,before that(until now) , i've used frans

i might add that i read oblivion xp does not require you to jump just to increase that stat or stuff like that,instead everything you do gives you xp which you can use on anything at level up

Archived