How can I make a rig that's usable in blender?

Basically the title.

I have found a UNP rig for blender, and I also have a 3ds Max rig for the body I want to use (3ba) but I have literally no clue how I'm supposed to create a rig as a .blend file. (I can't seem to reverse engineer a rig.)

On another note - do I even need a body specific rig? Or can I use the UNP rig for 3ba animations? How can I create rigs for creatures that don't have any yet? I know I want to be able to have HDT/SMP/CBPC stuff working with my animations too, so how do I set that up?

In general any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated as I am very new to this.

Thanks!

On 11/30/2021 at 11:24 AM, WilliamIsAGirl said:

Sorry, I didn't see your message until just now (even though you posted before coolfreaky) Anyways, I've been using NifSkope for a little while but the issue there is, at least as far as I know, you can't animated things with it.

For me I'm having this issue with NIF?

2021-12-06 01_44_49-.png