Some Anims work, some don't ?

I have spent all day trying to research and solve this on my own, with no success...

I have SexLab Framework, SexLab LoversComfort, and SexLab Romance installed. I just updated SKSE and have gone through the various possible fixes Ashal posted elsewhere.

None of the anims that start with AP work, the characters strip, then stand in the infamous frozen spread arms position and stay that way through the entire act, then will properly ragdoll at the end and all the buffs and stats update.  This also happens with one Arrokk anim (standing bj if I recall correctly)

Note: I am using all default settings on all three mods.  No clever stuff on my end.

I routinely start a new game before testing, and always run BOSS and FNIS for users, even when I don't think it will matter., plus any time I think the save broke ( ie. every ***!time!).

I don't know much about modding, but it seems that either the broken anims are missing, or are not being called correctly... and of course I could still have messed it up on my end, but I did have everything working just fine prior to updating SexLab and SKSE (ie 2 days ago)

Anyone know what to do?

Follow up:

Still no joy, or sex, working on some animations.  I went through the entire fix procedure again and no change to the actions.

Some animations work fine, others fail and the characters freeze in "the pose".  There is no specific group of anims that do or do not work.

This occurs with - SexLab Romance, SexLab Matchmaker, and SexLab Lovers' Comfort. (I enabled all animations before this test set) I have tested each of these mods separately  after doing a completely new install for each one, following the clean and save procedure.

so far I have found the following Anims will freeze in "the pose":

Arrokk Reverse Cowgirl and Arrokk Cowgirl, Arrokk standing bj, AP Anal and most other AP anims. It occurs with both rough and consensual anims without any specific pattern I can see. I have not been able to test all the animations yet.

Note:  Papyrus log shows absolutely nothing wrong. (? darn, system won't let me upload the log file - so here u go: EditorPapyrus.o.log--)

[06/07/2013 - 11:25:46AM] EditorPapyrus log opened (PC)
[06/07/2013 - 11:25:46AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[06/07/2013 - 11:40:03AM] Log closed

=============

Load Order:

-----------------------

I am out of here for the rest of the weekend.  Hopefully Ashal or another modding expert will see this and know what is wrong.

Thanks for reading and for your help, in advance.

@Ashal.... thank you for taking time to help.

I have tried your advice, but it didn't help...  The problem is absolutely guaranteed to be my system, or something odd buried in my game files somewhere.  I am the only one with the problems it seems, and also I suspect, but don't know yet, that a FNIS file or files have become corrupted because just before I logged in here, another mod that uses FNIS started having some odd results during animations.

I can't access the FNIS downloads yet, the hosting site is totally borked right now.

I'll keep you updated.  Though who knows how long this is going to take ... one hour to one week?

Thanks again.  I really appreciate the hard work you put in to get this system up and running.

I am having a similar problem, when I use speech, the other character does not reply and no animations are played, why would this be? I am new to modding so there is probably a simple fix, any help would be great. This is happening with both romance and sexchat mods.

For Future Reference:

Odd problems like this are probably ---

a. a corrupted file - FNIS probably due to lots of manual installation and uninstallation of script heavy mods.  Solution: download new copies of both, completely remove all traces of both from my Skyrim folders. and start over with new ones. Actually this was the first thing I did yesterday, and the situation improved-- unfortunately, I also discovered other problems and had to do step b.

b. stray files left over after installing and then uninstalling a mod -- I found several orphaned files in my skyrim data folder and sub-folders.  Seems to happen most with older mods installed with NMM, but manual uninstall also caught up with me. My solution - uninstall (not disable, uninstall) every single mod and ini change that did not ship with the original game.  start over in other words.  I went through my Skyrim folders with a copy of the vanilla file structure, and kept on deleting until my directories were identical to the original.  Then logged into steam and verified file integrity, got it all fixed up, then downloaded new copies of each and every mod I had. Including FNIS, SKSE, TESVedit (just in case).  and every mod or other utility I use either in, or on or near  the game.

extreme measures, but it got the job done.

sad thing is -- this isn't the first time I have had to do this.... I am doing a lot of experimenting with the Creation Kit and personal mod projects.  I have trashed both the CK and Skyrim twice before .  But I am getting faster at creating errors :s

@ashal - thank you for the link... that might have focused my hunt for errors.  I still have a lot to learn. Arm fix patch was check marked in all tests.  I use XP32's Maximum Skeleton btw.

I really appreciate your patience and skill.

as of now, everything SexLab related is working as designed.

Archived