Kill or Capture Defeat System

using the example of Sexbound-Defeat,

Some NPCs could be forced into restraint pose (Bounty mission Content) and then could be interacted in a few  ways

1. Capture the Bandit or the enemy and send them to space jail for a random loot drop (usually ore, weapons, bandages, supplies or bounty tokens)

2. or Execute the NPC ( could be implemented with Animation) that would release a Healing gas (Restoring health or energy)

3. Force into Service ( Turn the bandit into an enslaved Crewmember)

4. or you can just use the Defeat module as it is... an awkward quickie while your immersion falls apart :D

The defeat mod gets in the way of the normal gameplay, with some npcs going immortal and although there are fixes released for that, unless there is a new update for defeat in the making, it simply adds to little and breaks too many, if anything ... what I really wanted from Defeat was to give my character a second chance. And me a quick Dopamine boost

the Restraint effect will not last for ever, and unless interacted with quickly , the npcs will pop back into play and continue fighting. or fleeing

The way NPCs are forced into submission is RNG to avoid the same issue with Sexbound-Defeat.< where everyone you defeat turns into a node, you go over their heads and hold left click until 100 damage is dealt, they should technically die, but then again they pop into another node> sometimes they even land a blow before their death (in case of level 10 enemies with mods they really mess you up if not send you back to ship)

This would go hand in hand well with mods like combat overhaul, encouraging faster more aggressive play, with every kill giving you a slight damage/agility/ health boost or replenish your energy

encouraging advancing instead of slowly chipping away at enemy health from distance.

this Kill/ Capture system could fit nicely with the rest of the game community, I doubt it would be in contrast with lore itself, you are a protector after all, you can capture criminals even if they are not on some bounty board. 

that or random pedestrians who were guilty of being alive, which in that case they can atone for serving away as cheap disposable labor in space gulag for the sake of your financial well-being. like filthy peasants they are!

just thought to plant the seed out here.

I'm not sure how much of it's technically possible with Starbound Code being weird and all but

hope to see that someone picks up this idea. this is something that is already done in means of Sexbound-defeat,

Edited by SOP311
  • 3 weeks later...