[SOLVED][xEdit] Bleedout Override flag - what does it do?

I'm faffing about with xEdit and some NPC overhauls and found yet another flag I don't understand the purpose of. Not much luck trying to google and finding any description for it. What is that flag responsible for?

bleedoutoverride.png.5a8e7afcff3c28cab3d24a3ebfc4f45c.png

Edited by belegost
20 minutes ago, belegost said:

I'm faffing about with xEdit and some NPC overhauls and found yet another flag I don't understand the purpose of. Not much luck trying to google and finding any description for it. What is that flag responsible for?

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Stats_Tab_-_NPC

• Bleedout Override: If checked, this value is used instead of the Bleedout Default specified on the Class.
1 hour ago, belegost said:

What is that flag responsible for?

Basically, it tells the game whether or not to make this NPC go into a downed/yield state for a bit when health is low.  For instance, werewolves have this (and can be hurt enough to drop to their knees and stop fighting, but not be dead yet) while wolves and dogs have no bleedout (and lack the animations to support it).  When a follower dog is "knocked down" to zero health but has the protected or essential flag, they usually just get into a warning pose and stay there doing nothing.

When a bandit says "I yield" and falls to then knees, that is bleedout kicking in.

"Bleedout Override" means that even if the NPC would have access to bleedout animations, they will not use them and will instead fight until they are fully dead/knocked out.

Edited by Seijin8
  • belegost changed the title to [SOLVED][xEdit] Bleedout Override flag - what does it do?