[Request] More immersive Skyrim.

SeluNaeto

I'd like to start by saying I'm sure that this has been discussed or at least mentioned before, but these are simply my thoughts on it.

I've not come across a mod yet that does what I will explain towards the end, and I have looked quite a bit. [Though some come semi-close.]

I'll start by posting my realization while speaking with a friend of mine.

"I mean, now that I think about it even more....  Look at how few people there really are.   Out of everyone there's usually like... 4-5 old people.  Sometimes married.   Sometimes alone. Then maybe like.. 1 married coupel that's middle aged.  And you rarely see kids.  There's like.. 3 in Windhelm.  And like 2 in Riverwood, an unprotected town following the water.   How are there no cities that are more filled up?  Or that have actual armies?   I think the most populated place is Solitude.  And the second is that snowy one... I'm drawing a blank on the name.   but in Solitude I beleive you see people actually training.  But that's only guards.   And why are there so many guards, and not that many people.   That means there's at least 2-3 guards PER person.   But come to think of it, how often do you see everyone present while guards are actually out?  Is everyone just secretly a guard?  They do all wear masks unless you manage to pickpocket armor off, or use a mod that changes their armor.  And if you do that, you see they are their own NPC.   So where are the fucking people?  Is Skyrim just a land to produce fucking guards?  "Alright everyone, we're going to the dining hall to fuck one another.  You know the rules.  1 baby every 3 years for each of you!  We need to push out more Guards!"  "Oh look at the cute baby!  HE's going to grow up to be a nice little Guard who won't hold conversation with anyone."     They all say the same thing.  Every single guard.  They /have/ to be mass produced."

Which leads me to think...   I also come across Skeletons, thieves, [Over my time playing] Dragons, and other creatures than I have people.

You can't actually conversation with anyone, the next time you go back to someone they tend to want the same things, or it's simply just a loop, you rarely have over 5 options to speak with someone about, you can ask the same thing over and over, some people have 0 things they will speak about no matter what you do with them, some characters are unkillable, others that are just as important you can kill [but you can't kill kids.  Can you kill domestic dogs?], and speaking with people has no effect on them.  Some will just brush you off because you chose the wrong "option" for a quest, but you can easily talk to them again, or get around it.   No one ever hates, or loves you.   you never have friends, lovers, or enemies.  

What I'd like to eventually see:

Larger cities [Or simply more built on in/around/under cities.] 

More NPC's. [A /LOT/ more...]  

A large system for speaking to people.  It could easily be on a loop, but have a lot of things to talk about, give 5 options, each of those options may open up 5 more, so on and so forth.   Some people enjoy certain things more than others.  Like mages may prefer speaking of alchemy, or books, or magic.  Where armorsmiths would like speaking of crafting.   Merchants like talking about their trade.  Or simply just say "Hi, how are you?  Really, that's great![Or bad!], I'm not doing bad myself thanks for asking!, how's the trade going!?" 

Meters for how much people like or dislike you.

If someone hates you, they may start a fistfight. [Killing them will make guards come for you.  IT'd be a duel of sorts.]

If someone falls in love with you, they'd ask if you want to get married.

More immersive partners.  Going on walks, harvesting ingredients, hugging, kissing, and stuff that belongs in the 18+ section.

The more a merchant likes you, the better the deals you get!

I'm sure there's a lot you can do with this, and I know it's unlikely anyone will do it... But it'd be nice to see done one day...

So basically you want a mod that turns the game into an RPG :P 

I agree with the idea though, and there are several modders who do so. Just check out the expanded cities mods, and mods that add travelers and npc's. 

There are lots of mods on the nexus that adds to immersion.

But the one thing thats sadly lacking is, as you say, true dialogue.

Actually I have, Mdy.  It's a nice mod, but I've mostly had issues with it, myself.  Incompatibility and what not.  I've spend well over 2 hours on fiddling with the mod itself and just gave up.   Plus, if everything is combined in one mod, you encounter less conflicts and such, and don't have to learn to use creation kit to fix stuff.

There's also "Inconsequential NPCs", which adds new NPCs who have no purpose other than to put characters in places where there logically should be more people. Homeless street urchins, carriage guards, College students, that kind of thing.

Archived