SKSE error?

Skse needs to be installed in the Skyrim directory, not the data directory. When you start the game, you are not starting it through steam, or the tess.exe. You need to use the skse.exe, it will automatically start the game for you.

If you are certain that you have installed skse correctly, and are using its exe to start the game, then the only other issue could be with skyui. You need the latest version of skse and the latest version of skyui. They should interact correctly if installed correctly (barring no other software conflicts, or mod conflicts).

Skse needs to be installed in the Skyrim directory, not the data directory. When you start the game, you are not starting it through steam, or the tess.exe. You need to use the skse.exe, it will automatically start the game for you.

If you are certain that you have installed skse correctly, and are using its exe to start the game, then the only other issue could be with skyui. You need the latest version of skse and the latest version of skyui. They should interact correctly if installed correctly (barring no other software conflicts, or mod conflicts).

I've done all that.

Installed into the directory, and started it via the SKSE exe, not through Steam or NMM.

It still didn't work, so I guess it would be the Skyui. 

Obviously you didn't install it properly or it would work .

There are multiple things that can stop a program from running, even if installed correctly.

I followed it exactly, and I've done it before and it worked. This is the first time it has not worked for me, so obviously something is conflicting or something else, but as mdkmaster said, it could be skyui.

Thanks for being a smartass though lol

There are multiple things that can stop a program from running, even if installed correctly.

I followed it exactly, and I've done it before and it worked. This is the first time it has not worked for me, so obviously something is conflicting or something else, but as mdkmaster said, it could be skyui.

There is only one reason it wouldn't work and that is it's not installed correctly , So if you can't put ten files in the correct folder maybe you should lose the attitude .

There is only one reason it wouldn't work and that is it's not installed correctly , So if you can't put ten files in the correct folder maybe you should lose the attitude .

No, I think you really need to.

Yet again, because it doesn't seem to register with you - there are a few reasons why something will not work (whether it be because of the hardware of my laptop, since I will admit my laptop is simply not the best at all)

As well as things clashing. I have hundreds of mods and things I can't count.

However, AGAIN, I have installed SKSE before, and it worked just fine. This is the first time not to, and I'm not an idiot. I know how to install it, and I've gone through it with people, and everything is as it should be.

So obviously something else is causing it to get an error, not the installation itself.

Sorry but i can't view your piture,

but what operating system are you using ?? if it is vista or greater where is your steam installed ?? if it is in programfiles the try using administrator mode. right click on skse.exe and chose run with administrator mode. See if that makes any difference ?? Also if you use virus scanner try booting you system in clean environments.

In the immortal words of Liz from Shaun of the Dead:  "CAN WE JUST ALL CALM THE FUCK DOWN???!!!!"

NekoWarrior:  If it was a SkyUI issue, wouldn't there be loads of reports in the Comment section about failures?  There currently isn't a sudden increase of any reports of this kind of failure, so that's why people are having a hard time believing it's not operator/installation error.  Quick question - are you updated to SkyUI 3.4 (current version)?  If not, update that as well.  And then a simple test.  In the SKSE archives at skse.silverlock.org , download the 1.6.13 version.  Uninstall whichever version you currently have (there have been 2 new versions in the last week), and install 1.6.13 and try launching.  Does it still work?  If so, then uninstall SKSE 1.6.13 and verify that all of the 1.6.13 scripts are removed along with all the .dlls/.exe in the data folder that belong to SKSE, then install 1.6.14.  Also copy in all of the text files - I remember someone having an issue and CLAIMING that copying in the txt files fixed it, but to me that's rather dubious, but you never know.  Now test again.  If that works, then uninstall 1.6.14 completely (scripts, dll, exe, txts) and then step up again (1.6.15) and test again.  It's possible that there is a stray script/dll for SKSE that is not getting overwritten when updating to the new version and that is causing issues.

Archived