Beginner need help with starting a new mod load

Hello,

I'm new here and just getting into the modding for New Vegas.  I have a bunch of mods from Nexus including Project Nevada, Frontier, J Sawyer Patch, YUP, WMX, MCM, and other quest/game play updates.  Should I be using FOMM or is there a better mod manager?

I want to know if these "regular" game mods can interfere with Sexout?  And I also noticed there is a Willow companion mod in Nexus and on this forum too.  Which one is the most current?

Can someone tell me what is the proper mod loadout to get Sexout installed without crashing?  I want to download the Sexout for Powder Gangers at Goodsprings, NCR Correctional Facility, Vault 19, Gomorrah, and Willow.  No furries, no crazy disproportionate Godzilla breasts, nothing messed up, just vanilla sex.  How to do it?  Which mods to install?  And should the loadout be before the J Sawyer patch, YUP patches or at the bottom of the list?

And what are these Type 6M, 3M, etc bodies?  I don't know which body mesh to go for??  I don't want to get a red ! mark for certain characters when they try to wear sexy outfits.  How to fix that?  I would like to equip my Courier and companions with any customizable outfits without getting the Red ! of death.

And which NVSE and JIS or any other patch is needed?  And where can those be downloaded?  Thanks for the help.

Regarding the mod manager, I've never used FOMM myself.  Personally, if you're going to play a bunch of moddable games (like others in the Fallout series or Elder Scrolls) I would use Mod Organizer 2 or maybe Vortex.  Mod Organizer 2 supports FONV, I'm not 100% sure if Vortex does, but you can find that out on your own easily enough.  Using either MO2 or Vortex, you only need to learn and master one mod manager and use it for multiple games.  Personally I much prefer MO2, but there are other people here who are just as committed to Vortex, so up to you.

I'm not so sure you'll find the full Willow mod here - I think it's just a patch to use Willow with Sexout, so you'll still need the Nexus version as well.  An excellent companion mod by the way.

The last time I played FONV was maybe a couple of years ago, and I think I used Type 3 (not 3M).  From what I remember, Type 3 had the biggest variety of outfits built for it.  Type 4 had just come out, which looked very promising, but there weren't many outfits for it yet.  It comes down to which body shape do you prefer and which has the outfits built for it that you want?

15 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Regarding the mod manager, I've never used FOMM myself.  Personally, if you're going to play a bunch of moddable games (like others in the Fallout series or Elder Scrolls) I would use Mod Organizer 2 or maybe Vortex.  Mod Organizer 2 supports FONV, I'm not 100% sure if Vortex does, but you can find that out on your own easily enough.  Using either MO2 or Vortex, you only need to learn and master one mod manager and use it for multiple games.  Personally I much prefer MO2, but there are other people here who are just as committed to Vortex, so up to you.

I'm not so sure you'll find the full Willow mod here - I think it's just a patch to use Willow with Sexout, so you'll still need the Nexus version as well.  An excellent companion mod by the way.

The last time I played FONV was maybe a couple of years ago, and I think I used Type 3 (not 3M).  From what I remember, Type 3 had the biggest variety of outfits built for it.  Type 4 had just come out, which looked very promising, but there weren't many outfits for it yet.  It comes down to which body shape do you prefer and which has the outfits built for it that you want?

Thanks for the reply.  So Type 3 is the most versatile body type that takes most outfits?  That sounds good.  Which is the most current updated version of Type 3 I can download?

And where do I download MO2?  Is this mod organizer compatible with Project Nevada, Frontier, and all the other mods in Nexus?  I just want to be able to play both Sexout and normal mods together.

Type 3 was most versatile when I last played a couple of years ago - that may have changed now but it would still be a good choice.  I don't remember exactly which version I used.

You should be able to get MO2 on Nexus.  It may not be in the FONV section, you may have to look in Fallout 4 or Skyrim SE to find it.  I've used it for Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim LE and SE, FONV and FO4.  Used it with both Nexus and Lovers Lab mods - you just have to input LL mods manually but that's very simple.

Whichever mod manager you choose, MO2 or Vortex, take the time to go to Youtube and look for tutorials by Gopher and/or Gamer Poets.  They both have very informative guides on getting started with them.  There are also very helpful pinned tutorials for many games in the forums section here.  A little time spent reading and watching tutorials will save you a lot of time and anguish further down the road.