Custom NPC face texture problem

Yaz

I've been trying but I couldn't find a solution for this. Ever since I changed from Skyrim NPC Editor to Creation Kit I've had this problem. I'm using Geonox's face textures, except a custom edit I made for the dunmeri (Didn't dig the cracks under their eyes). Everything seems alright in the CK preview window but It appears that the default Geonox male texture is missing ingame on my NPC only (Other dark elves look fine)

I tried to export the facegen data but it only worked for the Warpaint (it didn't even show up before i tried).

I also tried to esmify the plugin and export the headmesh but it is just not happening for some reason, only the facetint is being exported. Is that it?

I would try to fix it over NPC Editor but for some reason it is not working on my computer anymore.

I know it doesn't look as bad as I make it sound and it is really a pet peeve of mine, but the NPC is dear to me as he is actually my main from Morrowind. :P

Any leads?

post-63281-0-34639600-1370409643_thumb.png

Try this. Replace the geonox face texture with a full black texture (or whatever is easily recognizable) . If your npc head is now black, the he uses  Geonox texture. If not, try to find what texture he's using. You probably don't have hundreds of face textures in your data directory, so finding it shouldn't take long. Then replace it with Geonox texture.

Since you exported the facegen data, you can also check the mesh in Data\meshes\actors\character\facegendata\FaceGeom\xxx with nifskope to see what it uses.

In my experience, high res tintmasks are not supported by the CK when exporting facegen data. So you should probably remove them (so that it will use the default ones) before launching the CK and exporting face data. You can add them back afterwards. Renaming the directory containing the tintmasks should do the trick.

Archived