Really hard problem that is busting my ass.(Solved)

I have a quest that has two alias's in it.  Just like about a million other quests I have written over the years.

The two alias's are Forced and start with None and are filled with a script when they are needed.  I have done this a gazillion times.

For some reason, these two alias's (and the only two) in this quest do not survive a save/reload cycle.

If I do a sqv <questid> it shows both alias's filled.

save my game

reload the save

then another sqv <questid> , both alias's are empty (NONE)

I have tried this quest as start-game enabled and not and it makes no difference.

I used ssedit and made a SEQ file.

There is nothing unusual about this quest.  The alias's are used to force NPCs into packages as I have done gazillions of times.

There are other quests running that sqv shows their alias's intact.

Does anyone have any idea what the fuck I might be doing wrong?

1 hour ago, fishburger67 said:

Does anyone have any idea what the fuck I might be doing wrong?

The only way i know to lost the aliases is stop and start the quest or reset it.

Check your code and revise one by one the values of the linked properties.

If the problem persist clear the values of the linked properties, save the ESP and exit CK.

Open CK and fill again the values of the linked properties.

Additionally, you can put a debug.trace() in the OnInit() of the Quest.

• fishburger67 changed the title to Really hard problem that is busting my ass.(Solved)

Solved

For those following along, it turns out that having the "Allow Reuse in Quest" box unchecked was causing the problem.  The actor I was using to fill the alias with was referenced in a different quest.  I have no idea why the alias got filled by the script, it should not have.  I am guessing that this condition is being ignored by the papyrus script, but was being honored when the game was loaded.

This is what the Creation Kit sez:

Normally, the Story Manager will not fill two aliases on the same quest with the same reference. If "Allow Reuse in Quest", the reference in this alias CAN be placed into another alias on this quest during the startup process.

So I am guessing that this is not entirely accurate for SSE.

I have noticed several differences between SSE and LE.  This appears to be one.

Thanks to all who took the time to comment.