Some help and advice, please.

Just started with CK3 and a there's a couple of things I need a hand with.

1. How do I mod this game? I'm reading about this Paradox Launcher thing but is this going to work with these LL mods? I'm also reading about manually dropping a mod's folder into the CK3 folder. I'm also reading about doing that and editing a file.

2. Is there a 'bisexual' mod? What I want is to be able to seduce someone based just on having the necessary skills/stats and without gender prefs coming into to it. Anything sexual beyond that would be a bonus so I'm open to suggestions and advice on that front.

Thanks.

1. In "C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III" you'll find the mod folder you're looking for.

2. The Game Rules button of the unmodded game has (among other things) a setting that makes the majority of characters bisexual, so you wouldn't even necessarily need a mod for that.

2 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

1. In "C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III" you'll find the mod folder you're looking for.

2. The Game Rules button of the unmodded game has (among other things) a setting that makes the majority of characters bisexual, so you wouldn't even necessarily need a mod for that.

Thanks.

I knew where the mods folder was but I didn't know what to do with the mods. From what I've since read of the various mod installation instructions I've dropped the folder and the .mod file into the \mods folder.

I'm not entirely convinced anything is working as i can't see any naked bods or extra options or dialogue.

I've got the bisexual option going but all that does is increase the seeding ratio of bisexual to the other options. I want it to just depend on my seduction skill.

I don't know about any mod for the latter, but regarding the forrmer, does the mod show up in the launcher?

I don't remember whehter the laucher adds mods to the initial playset by itself or whether the player has to add them manually, so best click on the Playsets tab (might take a bit to show up when loading the launcher) and see if the mod is in there and active. If not, hit the add mods button at the top right to add it to the Playset (and while you're at it you can create a new playset or rename the initial one with the three dots).

After that you just need to go back to the Home tab, make sure the Playset you edited is selected and hit play.

5 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

I don't know about any mod for the latter, but regarding the forrmer, does the mod show up in the launcher?

I don't remember whehter the laucher adds mods to the initial playset by itself or whether the player has to add them manually, so best click on the Playsets tab (might take a bit to show up when loading the launcher) and see if the mod is in there and active. If not, hit the add mods button at the top right to add it to the Playset (and while you're at it you can create a new playset or rename the initial one with the three dots).

After that you just need to go back to the Home tab, make sure the Playset you edited is selected and hit play.

The mods I 'installed' didn't mention the launcher. I tried to use it but it just kept stopping at half way on on launching. I tried reinstalling and downloading the latest version but nothing changed.

I ended up using Irony mod manager which at least fired up and showed the mods and activated them. Whether they are actually doing anything in game I can't say.

I've used Irony only with Stellaris so far, but there it worked very reliably (I wish the mod conflict solver from that would also be ported to CK3). If that shows the mod, it's installed properly.

If you are not sure if the mod is doing what it should, you're probably better off asking in the thread of the mod in question (or it's comment section, if it's from the steam workshop).

1 hour ago, NoNickNeeded said:

I've used Irony only with Stellaris so far, but there it worked very reliably (I wish the mod conflict solver from that would also be ported to CK3). If that shows the mod, it's installed properly.

If you are not sure if the mod is doing what it should, you're probably better off asking in the thread of the mod in question (or it's comment section, if it's from the steam workshop).

I'm almost there after a lot of pissing about (partly my fault).

I've got naked people in the illustration things but not any sex acts. I got rid of the hanging legs by deactivating some mods.

I don't now which mod that is from but it doesn't seem to go any further than that - click on a name, the window closes and nothing.

CK3.thumb.jpg.9a436bc85a55b69a3a43345859bd8f37.jpg

This is my current LO. I've just reactivated all the CBO mods - which may bring the hanging legs back once I go back in the game.

597977568_CK32.thumb.jpg.99ef96356c8fbdbc6baa1ad6b9870702.jpg

The Regula Magistrati mod seems to be working, not sure about the others though. It's probably not helping that I'm playing a Buddhist

Coetus Anima has Carnalitas as a prerequisit, so it needs to be below Carnalitas in the load order.

And it also has Physical Attributes listed as a required mod, which you seem to be missing.

In my setup I have those mods in the following order:

Character Body Overhaul
Physical Attributes
Carnalitas
Coetus Anima
Cheri - Carnalitas Dei

As for the event box: That event let's you guide who your character is attracted to, by making your character like the physical characteristic of the character you click on (like age, gender, muscles, butt size, ect. ).

Once you have physical attributes active, you'll see two additional numbers next to the green (or red) number for opinion on characters. The first is how attracted your character is to them and the second the other way round. This influences seduction and romance schemes.

Don't immediately worry if those numbers don't show up right after starting a game. It takes time for all the scripts to run, sometimes up to a full ingame year or so. But once you got that very box (usually several times for the initial setup, in my experience), everything should be up and running.

Edited by NoNickNeeded
12 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

Coetus Anima has Carnalitas as a prerequisit, so it needs to be below Carnalitas in the load order.

And it also has Physical Attributes listed as a required mod, which you seem to be missing.

In my setup I have those mods in the following order:

Character Body Overhaul
Physical Attributes
Carnalitas
Coetus Anima
Cheri - Carnalitas Dei

As for the event box: That event let's you guide who your character is attracted to, by making your character like the physical characteristic of the character you click on (like age, gender, muscles, butt size, ect. ).

Once you have physical attributes active, you'll see two additional numbers next to the green (or red) number for opinion on characters. The first is how attracted your character is to them and the second the other way round. This influences seduction and romance schemes.

Don't immediately worry if those numbers don't show up right after starting a game. It takes time for all the scripts to run, sometimes up to a full ingame year or so. But once you got that very box (usually several times for the initial setup, in my experience), everything should be up and running.

Thanks, that will help a lot. Me rushing and doing things late at night again - missed the Physical Attributes requirement and misread (or imagined) the Coetus Anima LO position.

Anyone have any recommendations for a faction to play with these mods?

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent playthrough on YT, modded or not but showing the basics of the game mechanics?

Edited by Grey Cloud
3 minutes ago, NoNickNeeded said:

That wasn't my whole list of mods, just the ones I thought relevant here. Though I am not currently using any clothing mods.

I found the tutorial videos of ItalianSpartacus (I think) quite helpful.

Thanks for all your help.

I'm still struggling with this CBO thing it's causing laaaag when an animation tries to kick in. Probably due to the borked multi animation trying to happen. I'm currently working my way through the 23 pages of the support thread which aren't providing anything useful. The author says to click on the 'heart icon in the top right' but I can't see any heart icon, whether in the window or the main screen. It's something about toggling something off which seems pretty stupid. It would make more sense it the default was off if it isn't supposed to be on for the animation.

Lots of mentions of DNA files but no mention of what or where these files are.

Skyrim was never this unintuitive. Nor was any other game I can think of.

The Italian Spartacus guy is good, just discovered him this morning.

Right, back to the game for my 700th restart in 48hrs. ?