(Search/Request) Extremely Dense Vegetation

(For Skyrim LE)

What I'm looking for, is a mod that adds a Lot of Dense Green Vegetation, not many Flowers or so, more like a mod that adds dense plant life so it looks like inside the Congo/Amazon.

Much thick dense plants, of all Shapes and Sizes, some taller than the player, and some normal plants size of Skyrim, and based on certain locations in Skyrim(Obviously) wouldn't want some green Tropical plants in a snowy Blizzard!

Like plants that has Thicker, Bigger leaves as well.

I jave a fairly Mediam End PC. It's definitely not High End but not Low End Either.

Dense Vegetation.jpeg

2Dense Vegetation.jpeg

Edited by VIKINGS-FAN1
17 minutes ago, VIKINGS-FAN1 said:

I jave a fairly Mediam End PC

Then you may want to forget about really thick foliage.  That is a performance killer in most cases.

Note also that mods adding a bunch of trees around become a serious problem for NPCs because they get stuck behind the trees (which are not part of the default navmesh, and usually aren't set up for navcuts).  Basically the NPCs will walk face-first into them all the time and get stuck).

Edited by Seijin8
48 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Then you may want to forget about really thick foliage.  That is a performance killer in most cases.

Note also that mods adding a bunch of trees around become a serious problem for NPCs because they get stuck behind the trees (which are not part of the default navmesh, and usually aren't set up for navcuts).  Basically the NPCs will walk face-first into them all the time and get stuck).

Hey thanks for replying. Yeah, i found that with Tree mods it does that sometimes! Lol! But yeah, i mean more dense plant life, not trees...

So it won't effect NPCs that much.

And yeah, thanks, i thought about the FPS going to be a problem, but yeah, i do have some programs wich really help improve my FPS and so far i got off good with mods like Northern grass, and the Grass settings to Highest and Farthest Rendering distance. And my FPS is Fairly stable, but yeah, i bet a mod like I'm searching for, would be double the FPS drop as that of Northern grass. But I don't think it'll be too bad.

But Thanks anyway.

2 hours ago, VIKINGS-FAN1 said:

i mean more dense plant life

All foliage in the game is either:

• Trees -- which have collision, and block NPC movements.  These present LOS blockers for NPCs as well, which is realistic.
  • Grass -- purely visual, can walk right through it, and NPCs have no interaction with it.  The issue with NPC interaction is they see you right through it no matter how thick it is, so you can be taking accurate arrow & magical incoming with no real way they could have seen you, and you can't see them to return fire.  For knee-high grass, this is not a problem, but for anything in your face, it definitely is.
  • Flora -- ingredients like flowers, sometimes have collision, but usually not, NPCs can interact with it if their AI tells them to, but otherwise acts like tress.

It seems what you want is a grass mod.  Their ability is limited when it gets to "density" because they're mostly sprite-based.  That means small ones are fine, but the thicker and bigger it gets, the more "object popping" you will have where bushes and the like tend to just disappear from view as you move past them, or when the camera slightly switches angle.

If it sounds like I'm shitting on the idea, I'm just trying to present the arguments for what you are losing (performance, a lot of realism in terms of NPC detection/ranged attacks, some level of immersion when things just start popping in and out of existence as you move) and what you are gaining (more foliage), which in general looks to be a bad trade to me, but that's subjective.

Edited by Seijin8

@Seijin8 well, thanks anyway, and yeah, i appreciate pointing out the downs of the idea. It would have been nice to have something like in the images... But yeah, it's ashame of all the down sides... It would have looked much, Different. Maybe something lower than head height... Like Knee hight. Plants like the top image of the two.

I've seen one a while back, on YT, but it wasn't included in the Mod list, i lost the video, and no one has replied to my comment on that video since, so i sadly can't find it now. But it basically had the same plant style as the images i posted, but lower, like, knee height, or something.

But yeah, if Someone knows of it, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your cooperation.