Sleep question

Hello, i tried to find a solution for sleep patterns.

Example. Sim stays up all night but either does not got to sleep or sleeps only 2 hours, depending on the time till 8 am.

Is there a way to force every sim to sleep 8 hours or whatever amount may be granted by player?

Nraas seems not to have a solution. I was looking on that website but came up empty handed.

Thanks.

It seems as long as there is a sliver of green in the sleep needs, I'm able to have my Sims go to sleep. If you mean a way to make sure a Sim is 'locked' into a set length of sleep - I've not read of anything.

For what it's worth, have you tried 'dragging' the sleep interaction icon from the right edge to make it longer?

9 hours ago, landess said:

It seems as long as there is a sliver of green in the sleep needs, I'm able to have my Sims go to sleep. If you mean a way to make sure a Sim is 'locked' into a set length of sleep - I've not read of anything.

For what it's worth, have you tried 'dragging' the sleep interaction icon from the right edge to make it longer?

No, not yet. I will try that.

It appeared to me that the sim wakes up (for the most part) at around 8am. No matter what. My sims sometimes parties all night doing things. But does not sleep longer then. This would kill me personally. I need sleep. :)

When you tell your sim to sleep, an icon appears in the top left.

Hover the mouse to see if it's "sleep until fully rested" or "sleep until 8" (which I think is the default for Acrobats Magicians and Singers).

Drag the right side of the icon left or right to toggle.

I tend to micro manage sims too much if they have daily rabbithole. Like, I pause the game, click the bed, choose sleep, then hover the icon to check the wake up time. (Good beds reduce sleep time A LOT! Some lifetime rewards too.). Then depending on whether it says my sims will sleep until 5 7 or 12, I give them more to do, have them go shit/shower/sleep, or pop an energy elixir first.

Edited by Yotix
27 minutes ago, Yotix said:

beds reduce sleep time

I gave in and downloaded the mod that makes the rest/sleep multiplier the same on every bed. The nice thing is each bed can be set with it's own value by the player. One reason I use this is because I set NRaas Relativity to 9, so my 'Sim Days' are considerably longer. Having them sleep only 5-6 six hours meant they would tend to get up before 6am - so I lowered the multiplier so they needed more time to get fully rested.

All this is academic when the player can just drag the needs bars to whatever they want. The Sims is technically the most cheat filled game ever made - so we players learn discipline . . . . .

13 hours ago, wutpickel said:

No, not yet. I will try that.

It appeared to me that the sim wakes up (for the most part) at around 8am. No matter what. My sims sometimes parties all night doing things. But does not sleep longer then. This would kill me personally. I need sleep. :)

I have to admit, i never payed attention to that icon.

Yes, that works. Amazing. Who knew? Well, not me. ?