Custom Female Head Mesh Turns Invisible in Creation Kit

16 minutes ago, Jenova23 said:

I'm having trouble with my female head mesh showing up in creation kit. I believe it's related to my trishape being bsnitrishape when it needs to be bsdynamictrishape.

Here is a comparison between the two different meshes.

Screenshot (149).png

Screenshot (148).png

SE? If not then TriShape and take a look at the hierarchy and the names of the nodes.
NiNode 3 is too much and NiNode 0 has a wrong name.
Choose NiNode 0 and change the name and correct the children.
NiNode 3 should then be left over and can be deleted.

Note: With a right click -> Block -> Convert, Nifskope node conversions can be made.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

SE? If not then TriShape and take a look at the hierarchy and the names of the nodes.
NiNode 3 is too much and NiNode 0 has a wrong name.
Choose NiNode 0 and change the name and correct the children.
NiNode 3 should then be left over and can be deleted.

Note: With a right click -> Block -> Convert, Nifskope node conversions can be made.

I am using special edition. How do you delete it without deleting the entire branch? I remember trying to do that but it would just delete everything. What is the correct name for NiNode 0?

Edited by Jenova23
9 hours ago, Jenova23 said:

I am using special edition. How do you delete it without deleting the entire branch? I remember trying to do that but it would just delete everything. What is the correct name for NiNode 0?

If you change the assignment of the children for node 0, this node (3) is empty and standalone and can be deleted.

You can see the names of the nodes when you look at your pictures.

PS: You can also upload the original head nif (I don't use an SE) and your custom nif here and I'll try to correct it

Edited by Andy14
11 hours ago, Andy14 said:

If you change the assignment of the children for node 0, this node (3) is empty and standalone and can be deleted.

You can see the names of the nodes when you look at your pictures.

PS: You can also upload the original head nif (I don't use an SE) and your custom nif here and I'll try to correct it

Here is the file. Thank you!

If you can figure it out please let me know what you did because I have a lot more heads that I need to do this to.

femalehead.rar

I downloaded your Nif and was able to do everything I described earlier.
With one exception - the conversion causes the mesh to fly apart completely.
May I ask what are you up to in detail?
I suspect a replacer or new race?
You know you have to recreate EVERY morph that exists for Skyrim for this vanilla head? The race morphs, each face morph (nose, mouth, eyes, etc.), and each facial expression morph. And each one and exactly the same by name. And if it's a replacer for NPC, you have to regenerate each of these NPC heads.

I can imagine people telling you you could just copy Vanilla's morphs / tris - mostly forget about it.

This ONLY works if the topology of the meshes in the tri files corresponds 100% to the topology of your mesh in Nif.

To 100% means - not even the numbering of a vertex may differ.

But that's just my guess - hence the question, what do you actually want to do?