Idea: A hack that prevents Skyrim from utilizing its CTD programming

If there's one thing I hate about Skyrim, it's how having too many scripts running results in the program taking the coward's way out and just instantly CTDing at the first sign of "oh no, I'm having a little trouble working!" So fucking stupid...

What I'm wondering is, would it be at all possible to create some kind of hack that stops Skyrim from being ALLOWED to CTD? Or is that something that can cause computers to catch fire?

IDK man, my Oblivion runs pretty flawlessly. So did my Skyrim as well.

All I can say really, is that you're probably going to go through many installs ( more like reinstalls ) until you find a good mod configuration that doesn't make the game shit itself. 

For Skyrim, this may take a few years or two because well, it's the newest of the series and well, people aren't really done modding it yet.

Guess it also depend on system that you use...how good is it for handling the game, thats why i try to avoid any mod that comes with heavy scripting because i'm still using my 2 year old core2duo rig, even it run another games pretty smooth. 

Usually i got CTD because of memory usage go insane, but 1-2 ctd in matter of an hour play with almost 100 mods is quite acceptable to me.

Maybe because it use Papyrus Scripting, i really cant tell. But one thing that i had in mind is we do can separate meshes/texture/sound right ? why not scripts, so it can be easy to remove/know what mod that use it.     

The biggest weakness with Skyrim is Papyrus, and right now I'm contemplating about refreshing my Skyrim installation after having done with my 3rd playthrough.

Best to pick up those mods that don't use too much scripting.

I only ever get problems with using new WIPs on not clean saves (ya I'm a dare devil) or content that is conflicting, but using boss and watching my load orders/mods I run oblivion,fallout,NV,Skyrim flawlessly each with at least 50 mods or more. 

It really helps to read all requirements and install instructions thoroughly. 

http://online-source.net/tools/cfg-makers/skyrim-cfg-maker/

Go here. I works like a charm! Follow instructions explicitly.

When it sez copy and paste into Skyrim.ini or SkyrimPref.ini --- You actually need to paste into new txt file and name it Skyrim.ini Or SkyrimPref.ini.... ALWAYS BACK UP .ini files before altering.

For the Bat files do the same as above copy data into text file and name it the appropriate name.

Should work. Ive done it.

Archived