I'm having a weird issue, involving a couple of downloaded armor sets that have a bunch of added parts being given to a follower.

So far I've only tested Brazen Assassin Armor and Grand Scarlett Kunoichi. Brazen Assassin has fourteen unique items to equip, and Grand Scarlett has seven.

When my follower equips the torso piece (Kunoichi Top) she removes the pants, which is separate from the torso piece. The same thing happens with the Brazen Assassin set. When she equips the Corset chest piece, she removes the panty piece. However, if I give her the alternate Halter Top piece (which has the collar and corset included as one solid piece) she can wear the panty piece.

Do NPCs have different equipment slots than the player? Or is there some weird conflict I don't know about? I do have AllGUD installed, but I'm familiar with conflicting armor slots, and have swapped them around so I can equip every piece of both armor sets and have my weapons displayed on me.

Its not a deal breaker, I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if I've erroneously assumed how Skyrim works. Which doesn't happen a lot, but enough that I'm now wary of it happening. I don't know if its relevant, but the follower in question is Astrid (specifically from Your Choices Matter - A Dark Brotherhood Expansion), using the Unholy Matron Astrid - Replacer and Preset, and Amazing Follower Tweaks SE to manage her inventory. I don't think I have any other mods that would change how an NPC or follower would equip stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if all you can tell me is that I'm a big ol' dummy for assuming equipment is handled the same across the board.

Just to eliminate that possibility. Are you using Devious Devices mod? If Yes, then try to disable one or more of the 4 options for slot 32.

NPC's should be using same slot system as player character. You are using custom version of Astrid. Do vanilla followers have same equip problem?

You probably have to do some analysis of armor mods in SSEEdit to confirm, which slots are allocated for different pieces of armor set.

A plugin and/or mod list posted here would be helpful for further community debugging.

I have to do some more testing on a new save file, I managed to break two quest lines (and possibly more!) thanks to No Clip Shenanigans and some quest triggers apparently being tied to locations. I learn something new every time I boot up this game.

I do not use Devious Devices. As for the armor slots, I was able to confirm there were no conflicts with AllGUD's Occupied Slots tab in its MCM. The closest thing to a vanilla follower I had on hand at the time would have been Cicero, and the two armors were female only (I have a bit of a replacer addiction).

Honestly the only thing I can think of is maybe SOS is the culprit? My PC is a female with no schlong, but I have (save for a few handpicked ones) all female npcs equipped with the Futanari add on. I need to test some more.

The issue seems to specifically apply to armor sets that have multiple pieces slotted onto the torso (Like the Corset+Panties/Top+Pants). I couldn't recreate the issue with RyanReos's Dark Elf Blader, and while it only has two torso specific pieces, it has a bunch of bells and whistles (hip armor, shoulder plate+mini cape, skirt, cosmetic weapons, jewelry) that Astrid wore with no issue whatsoever.

Sigh. I'll get back to you once I get my new save up and running.

I did some testing!

So, it turns out it may just be the Brazen Assassin Armor. Not sure what was going on with Grand Scarlet Kunoichi, but I'm not going to use that armor, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tested it on a vanilla NPC, the modded Astrid, and myself. I switched from not having a schlong active, to both of EvilRex's schlong addons: Futanari and Horse Redux (balls/no balls).

Firebrand (the pink set) works just fine no issues whatsoever. The other variations (Whirlwind/Lustrous/Galvanic/Sovereign) have the issue though. It also happens regardless if I'm using the corset or the entire halter top. Didn't have this issue on the borked save though. NPC couldn't equip panty and torso piece, while I could, regardless of variation.

Based on what I've sleuthed from the Nexus page, I'm just going to have to change the panty to a different armor slot in the creation kit.

I just can't figure out why the armor has been so inconsistent between saves.

• 3 months later...

Not to necro a thread or anything: but I determined the issue.

It's SOS. The schlong equip slot conflicts with certain armor parts. Even if you don't have any add-ons that work for females, it applies to everyone. Just make whatever torso piece revealing in the SOS MCM, and it will make it possible to equip bottoms and tops!

Not all armors are affected by the conflict, but some are.