Male robes?

OysterMug

You can either add the Male gender to the addon script or you can edit the file Config\TK17_DressZonesMove.txt

Example:

dress_changes = [[
    file="K4N3Puppet002", olddz="K4N3Puppet" ,dz="Puppet", gender="all"

file="R9Blouse145", gender="f s"

]]

Legenda:

file: use addon filename or ID# (see original file for naming examples)

olddz = old dresszone

dz = new dresszone

gender can be "all", "f  ", "fm ", "fms", " ms", "  s" and all variations

NOTE: you can put your own changes in a new textfile in the Config folder.

As long as the filename starts with "TK17_" and ends in ".txt" the game will recognize and parse it

Edited by Marburg

Thanks for the info, but editing local files like "TK17_DressZonesMove" does me no good b/c I don't create anything that I can't share. Right now I'm working on a new sequence that I plan to upload when done. And one scene calls for the male character to be in a bath robe. It won't work if the user doesn't make the same changes. :(

I have a couple of good female Robe addons, but none for men. If I'm able to modify the addon to work with Males, I'll upload it to the site. Do you know which script(s) I would need to modify?

One potential problem: "Robes" appear under "Open Clothing" in the Customizer for FEMALE models, but there is no such category for MALES, so I'm not sure where the robe would appear (if at all.)

Thanks.

UPDATE: Okay, I found the script (located in "{addon}\Scripts\Dress\DcDress_R9Dress014.[bsb]"), decoded the BSB file, Added ":EnableMale" to the ".Enable (" section, and recompressed it back to BSB. The Robe was added to the "Dress" category (though there's a lot of clipping... fixable on the Body tab, but it needs to work with ANY body.)

Edited by OysterMug
1 hour ago, OysterMug said:

Thanks for the info, but editing local files like "TK17_DressZonesMove" does me no good b/c I don't create anything that I can't share.

but you can share config files... just give them another name

and like i said you can also edit the addon script

the file you need to edit is \Scripts\Dress\DcDress*.bs

random example:

DressDescription :Dress32302_Description . {
    .DressID I32(32302);
    .PrimaryZone :DZ_Feet;
    .SuppressZoneArray [ I32(618) , I32(650) , I32(305) , I32(617) ];
    .DressIconID I32(32302);
    .DressName "Timberland Boots";
    .Enable :EnableFemale || :EnableShemale || :EnableMale;
    .SceneScriptFile [ :DressBaseDir + "AcJUShoe002" , :P + "JUShoe002" ];
    .PickNodeNameArray String [ :P + "JUShoe002:JUShoe002";
   :P + "JUShoe002:JUShoe002_meshShape";
    ];
    .CmdArray [ DressCmd . {
        .Show I32(1);
        .Target :P + "JUShoe002:JUShoe002_mesh";
    };
    DressCmd . {
        .Show I32(-1);
        .Target :P + "Body:body_subdiv_cageShape__body_foot_L_SG";
    };
    DressCmd . {
        .Show I32(-1);
        .Target :P + "Body:body_subdiv_cageShape__body_foot_R_SG";
    };
    DressCmd . {
        .Show I32(-1);
        .Target :P + "ClothStockingstoes01:stockingstoesR_mesh";
    };
    DressCmd . {
        .Show I32(-1);
        .Target :P + "ClothStockingstoes01:stockingstoesL_mesh";
    };
    DressCmd . {
        .Target :P + "JUShoe002:JUShoe002_texture";
        .ParamID I32(2);
        .Attr @ TransformLayer .ColorAddHSV;
        .Value @ ( I32(0) , I32(0) , I32(0) );
    };
    ];
};

The .Enable :EnableFemale || :EnableShemale || :EnableMale; line is the one you need to add or edit.

I'm sure you can figure out how it works but just in case you don't: the '||' is a logical OR and the line parses as "this item is enabled for Females, Shemales and Males"

you can also set the PrimaryZone (also known as the DressZone) in this script if you want to move the Robe to another category that does appear for Males.

IIRC you can also add more zones (also separated with '||'  ) but i can't find an example right now and i could be wrong

Edited by Marburg
1 hour ago, OysterMug said:

Thanks. As you can see in the "Update" I added soon after posting my question, I already answered my own question.

So the filename of the "Dresszone" config file is not fixed? I can name it anything? And multiple such scripts won't conflict?

No, not "anything". please read carefully: as long as the filename starts with "TK17_" and ends in ".txt" the game will recognize and parse it

The system has been designed to cope witth multiple configuration files.

Of course it will also need to use the right syntax for it to work. see my post and the config file for examples

On 9/11/2021 at 8:06 AM, OysterMug said:

UPDATE: Okay, I found the script (located in "{addon}\Scripts\Dress\DcDress_R9Dress014.[bsb]"), decoded the BSB file, Added ":EnableMale" to the ".Enable (" section, and recompressed it back to BSB. The Robe was added to the "Dress" category (though there's a lot of clipping... fixable on the Body tab, but it needs to work with ANY body.)

I don't know what you where expecting. When I made content for 7.5, the weights between male and female was always different and the body shapes between female and male is different. Unless, the structure changed in VX but so far, all looks like its the same.

Or is there a update after P?

6 hours ago, _Haze_ said:

I don't know what you where expecting.

At most, I was hoping a robe would resize better than something tighter fitting like a shirt or pants.

Old 7.5 had a mod that allowed you to tweak the size/shape of clothing (not just body parts) to reduce clipping, but it doesn't work in VX.

6 hours ago, Marburg said:

No, not "anything". please read carefully: as long as the filename starts with "TK17_" and ends in ".txt" the game will recognize and parse it

The system has been designed to cope witth multiple configuration files.

Of course it will also need to use the right syntax for it to work. see my post and the config file for examples

Oh, don't get picky. :)

I didn't mean "absolutely anything", just that it didn't have to be specifically "TK17_DressZonesMove.txt".

9 hours ago, OysterMug said:

Oh, don't get picky. :)

I didn't mean "absolutely anything", just that it didn't have to be specifically "TK17_DressZonesMove.txt".

im not picky, i'm being precise so as not to confuse you and others.

"I can name it anything?"

to me, anything means anything.

Old 7.5 had a mod that allowed you to tweak the size/shape of clothing (not just body parts) to reduce clipping, but it doesn't work in VX.

it has been integrated into VX.

Look at the file Config\TK17_DressMorphs.txt to see how to use it.

Edited by Marburg