I've recently installed a few character presets into my game and have come across the following issue: different presets of the same race don't align the same in SL animations with the same partner. It's not by a small margin either; the alignment difference is a pretty large horizontal translation. During that moment before the scene takes place where the two actors are standing inside each other, my pc is behind her partner and that alignment difference persists throughout the scene. I can start an animation with the preset that's way off, open racemenu during the scene, switch presets to the one that aligns correctly, hit "[", and be fine. As such, I believe it's the preset that's causing the issue, but I don't know if that makes sense.

I've tried resetting the animation using the default "[" key but it doesn't help. I've tried rerunning FNIS even though that should have nothing to do with this, and of course that didn't help. I was on SL Beta 8 when I noticed this issue, so I upgraded to Beta 9 and it didn't help either. All testing was on a new save game in the Alternate Start starting room with the same animation and the same partner.

For what it's worth, the preset in question that refuses to behave nicely is the Yuno Style 2 (maybe 1, idk I changed some sliders and the race from breton to nord) preset found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53306?tab=file

1) sometimes things just go wonky and an animation displaces the actors (ie by more than an "inch" or so) try the realign hotkey in SL (default " [ ") (yes, I read your post, just wanted to be complete, since this *does* sometimes clear things up.

Now, for the one that's likely in play (at a guess)

2) there are a couple-of/few sequences that seem to include massive offsets (near to or a full body length). one or two that exhibit large horizontal deviations, and at least one that has a big vertical separation. (some of the more aggressive ones too I think but I avoid them in large part by trying not to be defeated). If you reposition during the sequence and "clean them up", and conclude the animation sequence "normally", I think the positions get stored and so the animation gets fixed, at least for that race. (to be saf, check SL's MCM to make sure you don't have to check some box so they're saved). And fyi, at least in my game, for both my male vector and a few female vectors, it's always been Elves that seem most susceptible as I recall. As for the specific sequences involved,  I can't name names as I don't recall which they are.

Oh, SL Triggers has a feature for adding a global animation speed adjustment "tool" (uses hardcoded numeric pad + - * and /  to drive and manage console sgtm) , so for rapid animations, you can set SL for manual advancement before entering your sequence, then slow down the animation until you can accurately fine tune the positioning, then advance to the next, fix it, then to the next... until you've tidied up the whole sequence (ie when fixing up animation sequences for proper fit so next time you're not chasing your tail) 

Edited by anjenthedog

13 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

1) sometimes things just go wonky and an animation displaces the actors (ie by more than an "inch" or so) try the realign hotkey in SL (default " [ ") (yes, I read your post, just wanted to be complete, since this *does* sometimes clear things up.

Thanks for the reply. Repeatedly using "[" was my first thought and doesn't seem to fix the issue.

13 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

2) there are a couple-of/few sequences that seem to include massive offsets (near to or a full body length). one or two that exhibit large horizontal deviations, and at least one that has a big vertical separation. (some of the more aggressive ones too I think but I avoid them in large part by trying not to be defeated). If you reposition during the sequence and "clean them up", and conclude the animation sequence "normally", I think the positions get stored and so the animation gets fixed, at least for that race. (to be saf, check SL's MCM to make sure you don't have to check some box so they're saved). And fyi, at least in my game, for both my male vector and a few female vectors, it's always been Elves that seem most susceptible as I recall. As for the specific sequences involved,  I can't name names as I don't recall which they are.

I think I know which animations you're referring to and I avoid them too, but this is happening with all animations that I have installed including exceptionally well-aligned packs such as Billy's. The thing is, it only happens when using this one particular preset which is the major issue. Adjusting animation alignment affects the entire gender of that race, but it's not the race itself that's misaligned in this case. Thus, if I adjust the animations to work with this preset, any other nord female would be adversely affected.

At this point, the best course of action seems to be to just not use that preset, but it looks so nice :( 

22 minutes ago, hexofishy said:

At this point, the best course of action seems to be to just not use that preset, but it looks so nice :( 

probably a wise decision, I encountered something similar with a "stock mesh/texture" replacement that varied from the original size/proportions of the character type that it replaced and there were large resultant positioning deviances. I quickly realize that adjusting to fit it would break all my previous work (some of which I "broke" before having that un petite epiphany...), since it wasn't a complete replacement, just a reuse of the racial type with a different mesh and texture for a new "variant" of the type (if it had literally replaced the character type I'd have just done the repositioning and been done with it, but not for a 10% possibility of encounter... removed mod)

Edited by anjenthedog