Mara: Goddess of Love

AwfulArchdemon

Okay, I know I'm all over LL saying "Let's make this super pervy and slutty!". but I'm both bad AND good, so Mara is a great topic to start, even though it has a decent amount of quests. All the quests seem to be about is helping to hook people up, and you start with an immature girl who's too busy having 2 lovers to actually to commit to either, and it becomes up to you to pick one for her (Fastred). That's love? Nope. It's not. And handing out those missives? The temple is big enough that all in Riften can easily see it, and there are what, 20 people who live there? Pretty sure any who wanted to learn of Mara already know all they care to know about Her.

What we need are better quests, plain and simple. How about this:

A man is in love with a woman, but she doesn't realize it. He's too scared to say anything that reveals his feelings, and she likes someone else, someone who's mean, like a (secretly) bandit, or occult member. Now...it's up to you to do 2 things:

1) Turn the "boy" into a man. Plenty of ways you can do that (no, not sex. That's a Dibella thing). Begin by agreeing to accompany him to a "proving ground". This could be anywhere, but the point is, he needs to "feel" like a grown ass man before he can claim to be one. This means kicking a little ass! He needs to challenge a tough beast, so we'll say an ice wolf (why not). You could help him by defeating any other threats that come his way while he's fighting. Next challenge? Mmmm...a bear, and finally a sabrecat. Finally, a 1-on-1 "brawl" between you and him (his idea). You don't have to let him win, this is just about courage here.

2) Reveal his (the other guy, the bad one) bad nature. You could trick him into revealing his ways by agreeing to help him with a "job", and make sure she happens to see it happen. Maybe something else too/instead, but this is just the beginning of my thoughts here. End it with a little side quest that goes like this: You must arrange a proper date for them while he goes and confesses his feelings to her. So I'm thinking, go to the Bee and Barb, and convince Keerava to let you reserve the place for a night, and let him take the credit, like he dropped a bunch of Septims to arrange all of this himself. Convincing Keerava to this will require a high "persuade", or a high price. Do what you will, and receive a rather unique reward (something kickass, like a supremely Holy Sword, or a modded out Amulet of Mara, or maybe even a permanent boost to the "Agent of Mara" buff you get for completing all of the original Mara quests. Or something.

I could go on and on about this, but I need to crash soon, so I'm gonna get some playtime in, crash, and come back tomorrow to check this thread out. Remember, this mod would go in the "non adult mods" section, unless you all thing of something sexual that's not bad enough to ruin Mara's image (which is quite likely in LL ;)). What do you think, Labsters? Change of pace from the usual rape, sex, rape, piss your pants, slavery, more ra...well, you get the picture. :sleepy:

(ps. love all of those things (IN GAMES). Not knocking them, and certainly not gonna stop using mods that do those marvelous things. Nooooooooo SIR!)

Sounds good, but honestly I didn't expected to hear that from you ;)

I personaly like the "make the boy a man"-idea, you probably can tell yourself why.

1) Turn the "boy" into a man. Plenty of ways you can do that (no, not sex. That's a Dibella thing).

But thanks for the compliment(?)

I think I'm gonna begin this mod myself, unless a pro wants to take the lead. All I really know is basic questing, like in the early tutorials, so I'm not any sort of pro. I do have photoshop, but creating custom armor and stuff, and animating (so on so forth) are out of my range of education. All I know about Photoshop right now is Sims 3 stuff, not Skyrim. I also have to start another thread about another (awesome) Daedric Lord, and spell out my ideas on Him(?), so I'll be all KINDS of busy with LL and Skyrim (sheesh). I'll check back later, after sleep "real quick", and open up my CK to brainstorm.

The two kids you find killed by beasts east of Old Hroldan has always bugged me, it's such a good story that goes nowhere. A quest line to bring a classic "Romeo and Juliet"-story to a happy ending would fit in nicely and could have a wide range of different quests.

The two kids you find killed by beasts east of Old Hroldan has always bugged me, it's such a good story that goes nowhere. A quest line to bring a classic "Romeo and Juliet"-story to a happy ending would fit in nicely and could have a wide range of different quests.

Is Old Hroldan where you meet that ghost that thinks your his former comrade, and you owe him a sword? I never saw those kids, and I've beaten this game like a dead horse lol. Think it'd be cool if the kids came back as ghosts, visible only at night to tell their story, like that Mara mission? (mini-mod)

Is Old Hroldan where you meet that ghost that thinks your his former comrade, and you owe him a sword? I never saw those kids, and I've beaten this game like a dead horse lol. Think it'd be cool if the kids came back as ghosts, visible only at night to tell their story, like that Mara mission? (mini-mod)

They're not really "kids" and you find them and a diary in a camp with the bear that killed them on the track through the hills behind Old Hroldan to a mine.

Go for it, another choice in mods is a good thing. I do ask that you revise that initial post though, right now it's a word wall that's hard to read. Please add some white space to break it into smaller bits which will make it a lot easier to read.

In it's current form I think it is keeping people who might find it a great idea from trying to read it.

Thanks, Waxen. Now I feel all professional and shit! B) Btw, getting the hang of CK questing, but now it's time to move to armor design and creation. I'm changing all priestess robes in Skyrim to better suit each Temple's God(ess). I'd like to only put Mara priestess robes in this one, and save the others for the other Temple Mods, but I don't know that I'll be creating that many mods, unless this one goes really smoothly quickly. Doubtful, considering this whole modding thing is brand, spankin' new to me. Shit, I just got 1st computer 6 months ago! Didn't even know how to e-mail someone then. We're talkin' NO COMP EXPERIENCE AT ALL.

Something Holy, like shimmering white silk or maybe a light blue vestment of some sort is what I'm thinking. Chantry sisters robes in DA 2 seem to be a nice template, with a bit of snipping and coloring. I can not seem to find a picture of them, though. More revealing than what Skyrim's priestesses wear now, but what isn't? They're completely covered from head to toe, and we can't have that! Not in MY Skyrim! :D

I have 1 day to learn how to create my robes, or else I can't do a damn thing until Sunday (work every minute of the day, night, and morning on weekends). I gotta crash, and start this process later today, but I'll need to learn the armor modding 1st, so I can just put the priestesses in robes as I make the quests.

I may expand on this mod, or I may indeed follow through with the other Temple Mods. We'll see.

It isn't how long you've had a computer that makes the difference, it's how comfortable you are using it and whether you feel it enables you or oppresses you. I can see you are in the enabled category though.

Good luck on your project but don't hold yourself to any deadlines that will stress you up.

Thanks, Waxen. That's exactly what I've done. lol I was rushing to get all of my day's shit done so I could jump on this, and now that I'm home and ready, I'm like...OK, now what the hell do I do. :huh:

So anyway, Here is a couple of pics (ideas):

1  Robes_of_the_overseer.jpg    2     robe-de-soiree-r024.jpg

3 33865b28.jpg  4 robe-de-soiree-r037.jpg

Elrondsrobe.jpg

Ya gotta love those Chantry robes. Now the question becomes, how do I get that outfit into my CK. I know jack shit about porting.

Here's the breakdown:

1) Malag Bal

There's really no need to give me that look. I already know that there are no noticeable worshippers of Malag Bal, at least not priestesses or a temple. That's about to change. I'm either going to add a temple on the island Castle Volkihar is on, or simply put some shrines of Malag Bal inside the castle itself, along with actual priestesses. I'll have to dress an area up to look like a place of worship, but that should be the easy part. Obviously, the outfit will be altered to give a much sexier, more gothic look to it. Demonic is the key word here. I want all priestesses of Malog Bal to be vampires, but we'll see. Should go without saying that Dawngaurd DLC will be necessary to find this place, but I'll see about perhaps using a location like just outside Pinemoon Cave, or Movarth's Lair, so Dawngaurd is not necessary. Perhaps 2 versions, because I really want to make good use of Castle Volkihar! That's really where the worship of Malog Bal is introduced.

2) Dibella

A conservative look in it's present form, but I can't use ANY of these as they are now, so modifications are in order no matter what. I plan on snipping most of the bottom of the dress off, and add a sheer overlay to hang down to the feet, like how the sleeves look. This is a basic template, so it'll look like a lot...less when I'm done with it. ;)

3) This will be altered enough so it's not ganking from someone else, but I'd really like to put the mother at the Temple of Dibella in this, to represent her authority by making her armor clad, yet still robed. I'd like to add a cloak, but that may tricky. Nothing is impossible though. Perhaps just a clever way of adding a hood would be good enough.

At the very least, I can put a follower in this outfit, but if that's the case, then it'll have to be a Mara follower. This is Mara: Godess of Love, afterall.

4) Sanguine

I worship Sanguine, personally, so...if you think for 1 second that I'm going to leave Sanguine without a Temple and worshippers, you are fucking CRAZY!! His Temple will be added to a different realm. That's right! One of his 100,000 realms will be a temple, in a dream-like world, but not actually in a dream. It will be added via a portal just like the one that takes you to His party. I'll want this to be placed in a cave at the Throat of the World, symbolizing the most practiced Religion in Skyrim...Debauchery! Being the most practiced, it should stand above all others, so this is the best place I can imagine it being, and it gives you a reason to play the main story a bit, and it becomes something you have to earn the right to enter. Shrines, a Temple, worshippers, and most importantly, priestesses will be added to this realm.

5) Mara

This is exactly what I want Mara robes to look like. The Demon in me says that I should skimp it up a bit, but it just represents Mara so well...I don't know. These are all just ideas at the moment, but I know it'll look a great deal like the pic. Maybe change the navy blue on the sleeves and torso to a light blue, turn the alpha up a little, and make the white part sheer, and perhaps a gold border arond the blue and very bottom. Or, I could just use it as is. This isn't a mod, so I have nothing to worry about by making it look just like that (I think...I hope!).

I'm open to suggestions, but remember, this is Mara. This one comes first, then perhaps my venture of bringing my Temple Mods to life will come next, meaning, the others I've mentioned will have their own quest mods. I'm most interested in creating robes and priestesses, so I'm just putting all that in this mod, but the mentioned quests even have me excited, so I'm gonna try to pour my heart and soul into this.

I doubt I can do all of this alone, unless you all feel like waiting for me to learn armor modding, scripting, coding, area and architectural design, and advanced questing. If I have to, I'll do it all myself, but all work and no play makes AwfulArchdemon a very mean SOB, and we don't need a blight right now. :angel: I'm gonna go play something before my head explodes, but I'll be back to reveal what's behind door #4 as soon as I get the permission I requested. All good. My boy Sam is listed now.

Okay. I'm figuring out this armor thing too. Things are going a bit more smoothly than I thought, but outta time for the weekend. Be back to jump on the robes as soon as I get the chance. Next target(s)? Building a Temple, and interior design.

All praise be unto our beloved Godess Mara, for She is love, and shall light the way for the kind and selfless believers of Skyrim... -AwfulArchdemon-9th hour of Fredas-Aal 31

:angel:

Fin Kogaan Do Mara Fen Laat Fah-Alun

The two lovers who have snuck away to be together and killed by a bear link to someone else in the game, I just can't remember who. 

I think there's a farmer or woodchopper somewhere who'll tell you about his missing son or daughter and he's not that far away...

They're not really "kids" and you find them and a diary in a camp with the bear that killed them on the track through the hills behind Old Hroldan to a mine.

Photoshop is back! :lol:  I'll be working on robes today, unless RL decides otherwise. Mara will be 1st. I'll admit, in the 2 days I didn't have Photoshop, I kind of missed it. Suggestions are welcome, but I'm thinking that the Mara robe I picked out is a winner. I'd like to stick with that one, and give a tiny alteration here and there, so I suppose it's just a matter of converting it to Skyrim friendly. I hope it's as easy as I'm making it sound...

I also found some great plot helpers (storyline and already made voices with appropriate dialogue), and I keep getting ideas, so my hopes are up. Will be back with (hopefully) good news regarding the Mara robe.

Still baffled by my DA 2 chantry robe idea, but it can't be impossible. Sure does look impossible though...complicated ass robe...

RL decided otherwise yesterday. :angry: So... I have Photoshop, and Nifskope, and CK open right now, and I've been watching tutorials for hours now. Next up? 3DSMax. Just gotta save up a quick $1,500. That's all, just $1'500. So...here's why I can't afford that right now:post-111270-0-74976400-1370372862_thumb.jpg

I'll get it within the next month, but it has a free trial (thank GOD), so "if" the free trial gives me the all the options I need, then it'll be of use much sooner. Either way, I could always fall back on Blender for now, but I just love what I see in 3DS. A bit more complicated than I originally thought, but I'm NOT SCARED!

That's the latest from AwfulArchdemon. Will be on top of this at all times. The quests will be created when I've made all of my robes and Temples, and there's the little matter of Sanguine's portal, and that portals destination. I think I found what I'm looking for in that place, though. I'll be back with at least something I created myself.

Alrighty then. I took a slightly shorter road to making the robes, but everything is on track now. I know I said I'd be back with something I made, but I sorta have. ;) A little bit of altering, and Mara's robes are already done. I'll get Dibella next, because I know DrGrimReaper is waiting patiently for them (sorry), and I'm waiting to do Malog Bal's worshipper robes last, because I know It'll take the longest (complicated ass robe...), but I do at least know what I'll be using as my template. Quests come after robes, Temples, Sanguine's realm, and priestesses, and then, maybe the other Temple Mod quests, or expansion of Mara. Be back!

Archived