STDs for Sims - GayDeskJockey

SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!

Disclaimer:

This mod is version 1 alpha.  Expect mod breaking and potentially save file breaking issues.  That being said, I have game tested and the functions described work for me and I haven't experienced any game breaking issues.

STD system for Sims 4

Adds three new STDs to the world of the Sims.  It provides for initial infections of the world, transmission, treatment, prevention and reinfection from world sims.

The STDs are:

• Sim Immunodeficiency Virus (SIV)
  • Serpes
  • Simphillis
  • Vampire and Alien variations of SIV

Features:

• STDs can be prevented from comdom use (via WW built in condoms).
  • Some STDs can be prevented by buying pre-exposure pills at the Sexual Health Clinic via the travel menu of the phone.
  • STDs have various effects and progression.  As IRL, some are curable, while others are permanent.  They may progress to have life altering effects for your sims and the sims of the world.
  • Includes SIV specific tattoos for your poz sims. 
  • Includes a "Raw Is Law" personality trait for your chaser sims.
  • Becoming a vampire cures all STDs
  • If a vampire contracts SIV, they gain the power to convert human sims to vampires via sex
  • If an alien contracts SIV, they will die within three days
  • Mean, Evil and Self Absorbed Sims have a chance to obtain the "Stealther" trait, which means they will violate condom use.

Requirements:

Wicked Whims: Needed for sex interactions - Tested with v165h.

XML Injector: Needed to inject the initial spread - Tested with version from December 11, 2020.

Installation:

Extract the files from the zip file to your Mods folder (no more than one folder deep).

No activation is needed.  Infections will spread through the world as soon as the game is loaded up.

Known Issues and Future Improvements:

• I haven't proven it yet, but I believe that Sims that are children or younger when the mod is loaded or that are born after the mod is loaded will not be included in the functionality of the mod
  • Add player available settings for:
    • Treating Aliens and Vampires like humans or as in this version
    • Specific Sim immunity
    • Initial infection rates, transmission likelihood and NPC medication and reinfection rates
  • Some sort of cure elixir or spell such that vampirism isn't the only way to cure permanent diseases
  • Capitalize the word "Sim" in all places it appears

A Call For Assistance:

This is the first mod I have ever built (seriously).  I am very new to coding IRL and am not a graphic artist.

Any suggestions and/or tattoo help would be greatly appreciated.

I am in need of alpha testers for this mod willing to provide feedback to me.  These effects take many game days to show fully and therefore testing has been a pain.  Anything you find to not work properly or that you wish to work differently can be commented to this topic.  I will read and work to improve the mod as it stands.

The package documentation is a mess.  I never should have used Mod Constructor to start.

Please, have fun!

Clinic.png

SIV.png

Biohazard.png

olympics.png

gaydeskjockey_STDs_V1a.zip

Edited by gaydeskjockey
Added Additional Documentation and Known Issues and Future Plans

Yeah, thanks! This will be great for certain situations in some of my households to add more risky gameplay.

Also, please don't hate me for this lol. I noticed in your moodlet example pic that "Sim" isn't capitalized. I know I know, lol. Extremely minor nitpick. I just always tend to notice that with certain mods because base game traits/moodlets always capitalize it. But feel free to ignore my engrained desire to have everything uniform haha.

Keep it up!

3 hours ago, AuspiciousDefiance said:

Yeah, thanks! This will be great for certain situations in some of my households to add more risky gameplay.

Also, please don't hate me for this lol. I noticed in your moodlet example pic that "Sim" isn't capitalized. I know I know, lol. Extremely minor nitpick. I just always tend to notice that with certain mods because base game traits/moodlets always capitalize it. But feel free to ignore my engrained desire to have everything uniform haha.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the suggestion.

For "this sim," I should capitalize Sim, How about for "other sims?"  Should that be capitalized as well?

I probably shouldn't have written the description at 2:30 AM.

More Documentation:

• If a vampire contracts SIV, they gain the power to convert human sims to vampires via sex
  • Mean, Evil and Self Absorbed Sims have a chance to obtain the "Stealther" trait, which means they will violate condom use.
56 minutes ago, gaydeskjockey said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

For "this sim," I should capitalize Sim, How about for "other sims?"  Should that be capitalized as well?

I probably would yeah for any instance of it. EA probably only does it themselves because it's the name of the game, but I always notice when other mods don't do it. It's just nice to have consistency, y'know?

Thanks for humoring my inability to just let small things slide haha.

Edited by AuspiciousDefiance
2 hours ago, gaydeskjockey said:

I probably shouldn't have written the description at 2:30 AM.

More Documentation:

This is awesome. I love the vampire SIV part. Can the alien SIV be cured or disable? I like playing with aliens and I would hate if one of them died. I play with having WW NPC birthcontrol set at rare/risky, as it makes it more fun imo. (Gangbang at a bar/club and then the thrill of not knowing who knocked up my sim until the baby is born. lol)

2 hours ago, NekoboyGames said:

This is awesome. I love the vampire SIV part. Can the alien SIV be cured or disable? I like playing with aliens and I would hate if one of them died. I play with having WW NPC birthcontrol set at rare/risky, as it makes it more fun imo. (Gangbang at a bar/club and then the thrill of not knowing who knocked up my sim until the baby is born. lol)

In v1a, I don’t have the ability to disable anything.  It is something I will try to add for v1b.  Converting to vampirism cures everything, but I don’t think that is what you want.  Otherwise, you would have to remove the Alien SIV trait via mccc command center or another tool (search term std).

14 minutes ago, gaydeskjockey said:

In v1a, I don’t have the ability to disable anything.  It is something I will try to add for v1b.  Converting to vampirism cures everything, but I don’t think that is what you want.  Otherwise, you would have to remove the Alien SIV trait via mccc command center or another tool (search term std).

I have never actually played as an alien.  How do you think they should be treated?  As a human, or are there other powers/weaknesses that you think they should have affected?

35 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Are there options to set specific Sim resistance or traits that grant certain Sims outright immunity?

For this version, there are not any of those options.

It will not populate infections to played Sims unless they engage in unsafe sex.

This is a great idea and I will add it to the list for the next version.

Another thought I've had is that "Raw Is Law" would really work better as a reward trait I think than a personality trait. Even if you use mods to increase the number of slots, traits like these that are really only for one thing surrounding a Sim's personality work best as an RT since you can have as many of those as you want.

It would honestly really work the best as a Wicked Attribute since this sort of requires WW anyway. But I'm not sure if Turbo has anything on how to add new ones, attributes that is. They basically work the same way, you just don't have to "buy" them with satisfaction points.

It say it's working properly. Now where should be a slot identified as "sexual health clinic", there's only "..." and when I choose this there appears am image with the four pills, but with no legends in front of them. I'm downloading your picture hoping the pills in game are in the same order. I just gave the all to my sim who had some embracingly "Ichy bumps" on his genitalia. It seems to have worked :D. 

How frequently should pre exposure SIV pills, should be taken by a very sexually active sim?

On 9/1/2021 at 3:24 PM, Esganado said:

It say it's working properly. Now where should be a slot identified as "sexual health clinic", there's only "..." and when I choose this there appears am image with the four pills, but with no legends in front of them. I'm downloading your picture hoping the pills in game are in the same order. I just gave the all to my sim who had some embracingly "Ichy bumps" on his genitalia. It seems to have worked :D. 

How frequently should pre exposure SIV pills, should be taken by a very sexually active sim?

Okay, I will take a look at this.

Prep lasts for 1 Sim week.  Your Sims should receive a buff when they run out that lasts for 1 Sim day indicating they have run out and are prone to exposure.

• 5 months later...
On 3/1/2022 at 1:52 PM, simall9 said:

Has there been any update to this? I would like to hep test this mod! :)

No update and I don't think that the mod is working with the current game's updates. I cannot find the  sexual health clinic 

• 9 months later...

Futa World and gaydeskjockey together lead to a conflict. You can get illnesses, but the clinic and medication are gone.

(if you remove gaydeskjocky, the diseases are gone too)

- If you create a char with Futaworld and the necessary mods and save it, then remove the futa- and custom-gender-settings-mod again - the futa char remains ( yes or ? )

Now gaydeskjockes (script+pack).......now it works

• 3 weeks later...

@gaydeskjockey Hi, I used Better Exceptions and MC Command Center mods and got notice error while playing.

The Better Exceptions showed report and directly to 'gaydeskjockey_STDs_V1a.package' file. MC Command Center showed at the same time with Better Exceptions.

This mod is breaking? Could you please check the report below? Thanks

Here's Better Exceptions report.

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<root>
	<BetterExceptions>
		<BEversion>v3.03</BEversion>
		<WasBlank>False</WasBlank>
		<TuningLoadFinished>True</TuningLoadFinished>
		<BadObjectCC>True</BadObjectCC>
		<Advice>This is likely due to bad object CC. Check the Summary and Broken Mods section in BE Report.</Advice>
	</BetterExceptions>
	<report>
		<version>2</version>
		<sessionid>beacfc1c37db646263bbe824</sessionid>
		<type>desync</type>
		<sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
		<createtime>2023-01-09 17:15:00</createtime>
		<buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.93.146.1020-1.300.000.149.Release</buildsignature>
		<categoryid>trait_tracker.py:933</categoryid>
		<desyncid>beacfc1c37db646263bbe824</desyncid>
		<systemconfig/>
		<screenshot/>
		<desyncdata>Exception thrown while calling remove on เซจิ  นากะมุระ  (KeyError: 3321417387)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 209, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v174a\injector.py", line 26, in _wrapped_function&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v174a\zone_tick.py", line 74, in _turbolib_zone_game_update&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 503, in update&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 117, in update&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 216, in simulate&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\base_object.py", line 440, in call_destroy&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\script_object.py", line 838, in destroy&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\base_object.py", line 421, in destroy&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 293, in trigger_destroy&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 308, in trigger_reset&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 426, in start_processing&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 450, in _process&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 566, in _process_one_record&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\base_object.py", line 385, in on_reset_destroy&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py", line 718, in remove&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v174a\injector.py", line 26, in _wrapped_function&#13;&#10;  File ".\WickedWhims_v174a\turbolib2\events\objects.py", line 107, in _turbolib_object_manager_remove&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py", line 156, in remove&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 289, in remove&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 343, in call_on_remove&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 3029, in on_remove&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\traits\trait_tracker.py", line 1100, in on_sim_removed&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\traits\trait_tracker.py", line 933, in _remove_buffs&#13;&#10;KeyError: 3321417387rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 52.90&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0xdd4141d5&#13; &#10;LoadingScreenActiveFlag: 1&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,116,52126&#13; &#10;Modded: True&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 11 10.0.22623 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 nvldumdx.dll 31.0.15.2756, GUID: D7B71E3E-5FC1-11CF-AA79-CF310EC2D235&#13; &#10;</desyncdata>
	</report>
</root>

Here's MC Command Center report.

Spoiler

File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py', line 209, in c_api_server_tick [ absolute_ticks : 324900899547, clock_service : server_clock, previous_ticks : 324900899465, zone : <Zone ID: 0x4b8101d4fe13d5c>, persistence_service : persistence_service]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v174a\injector.py', line 26, in _wrapped_function [ args : (<Zone ID: 0x4b8101d4fe13d5c>, 324900899547), new_function : <function _turbolib_zone_game_update at 0x00007FF48ED6E8C0>, original_function : <function Zone.update at 0x00007FF4A27498C0>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v174a\zone_tick.py', line 74, in _turbolib_zone_game_update [ original : <function Zone.update at 0x00007FF4A27498C0>, self : <Zone ID: 0x4b8101d4fe13d5c>, args : (324900899547,)]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py', line 503, in update [ self : <Zone ID: 0x4b8101d4fe13d5c>, absolute_ticks : 324900899547, game_clock : game_clock, time_service : time_service, season_service : season_service, weather_service : weather_service, narrative_service : narrative_service, roommate_service : roommate_service, lunar_cycle_service : lunar_cycle_service]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py', line 117, in update [ self : time_service, time_slice : True, max_time_ms : 33]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py', line 216, in simulate [ self : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x00007FF4997C46D0>, until : 02:06:36.120 day:6 week:7, max_elements : 10000, max_time_ms : 33, count : 71, start_time : 235691.265, end_time : 235691.298, handle : [None, None, <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x00007FF4997C46D0>, False, <Fn; BaseObject.schedule_destroy_asap.<locals>.call_destroy@434>], when : 02:02:00.000 day:6 week:7, _ : -8997, _t : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x00007FF4997C46D0>, _s : True, e : <Fn; BaseObject.schedule_destroy_asap.<locals>.call_destroy@434>, calling : True, result : [None, None, <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x00007FF4997C46D0>, False, <Fn; BaseObject.schedule_destroy_asap.<locals>.call_destroy@434>]]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py', line 335, in _run [ self : <Fn; BaseObject.schedule_destroy_asap.<locals>.call_destroy@434>, timeline : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x00007FF4997C46D0>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\base_object.py', line 440, in call_destroy [ timeline : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x00007FF4997C46D0>, cause : Destroying sim on travel., self : เซจิ  นากะมุระ , source : เซจิ  นากะมุระ  running npc_leave_lot_now:514 on None (guaranteed)]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\script_object.py', line 838, in destroy [ self : เซจิ  นากะมุระ , kwargs : {'source': <SI npc_leave_lot_now id:514 sim:เซจิ  นากะมุระ >, 'cause': 'Destroying sim on travel.'}, __class__ : <class 'objects.script_object.ScriptObject'>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\base_object.py', line 421, in destroy [ self : เซจิ  นากะมุระ , source : เซจิ  นากะมุระ  running npc_leave_lot_now:514 on None (guaranteed), cause : Destroying sim on travel.]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py', line 293, in trigger_destroy [ self : reset_and_delete_service, obj : เซจิ  นากะมุระ , source : เซจิ  นากะมุระ  running npc_leave_lot_now:514 on None (guaranteed), cause : Destroying sim on travel.]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py', line 308, in trigger_reset [ self : reset_and_delete_service, obj : เซจิ  นากะมุระ , reset_reason : ResetReason.BEING_DESTROYED, source : เซจิ  นากะมุระ  running npc_leave_lot_now:514 on None (guaranteed), cause : Destroying sim on travel., new_record : <เซจิ  นากะมุระ , reason:ResetReason.BEING_DESTROYED, stage:_Stage.DESTROY, being_processed:True, source:เซจิ  นากะมุระ  running npc_leave_lot_now:514 on None (guaranteed), cause:Destroying sim on travel., is_new : True]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py', line 426, in start_processing [ self : reset_and_delete_service]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py', line 450, in _process [ self : reset_and_delete_service, master_controller : master_controller, stage : 5]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py', line 566, in _process_one_record [ self : reset_and_delete_service, stage : 5, record : <เซจิ  นากะมุระ , reason:ResetReason.BEING_DESTROYED, stage:_Stage.DESTROY, being_processed:True, source:เซจิ  นากะมุระ  running npc_leave_lot_now:514 on None (guaranteed), cause:Destroying sim on travel., append_record : True, update_stage : _Stage.DESTROY]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\base_object.py', line 385, in on_reset_destroy [ self : เซจิ  นากะมุระ ]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py', line 718, in remove [ self : object_manager, obj : เซจิ  นากะมุระ , __class__ : <class 'objects.object_manager.ObjectManager'>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v174a\injector.py', line 26, in _wrapped_function [ args : (<objects.object_manager.ObjectManager object at 0x00007FF47DC4FE90>, <sim '' 0x4e410314d6d1e89>), new_function : <function _turbolib_object_manager_remove at 0x00007FF48F853710>, original_function : <function DistributableObjectManager.remove at 0x00007FF4A8414DD0>]
File '.\WickedWhims_v174a\turbolib2\events\objects.py', line 107, in _turbolib_object_manager_remove [ original : <function DistributableObjectManager.remove at 0x00007FF4A8414DD0>, self : object_manager, args : (<sim '' 0x4e410314d6d1e89>,), obj : เซจิ  นากะมุระ ]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py', line 156, in remove [ self : object_manager, obj : เซจิ  นากะมุระ , zone : <Zone ID: 0x4b8101d4fe13d5c>, __class__ : <class 'objects.object_manager.DistributableObjectManager'>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py', line 289, in remove [ self : object_manager, obj : เซจิ  นากะมุระ ]
File 'D:\Projects\Sims 4 Modding\Mods\TMex Mods 2022\Tmex-BetterExceptions\PublicUnlock.py', line 13, in _unlock [ args : (<sims4.log.Logger object at 0x00007FF4D73DE950>, 'Exception thrown while calling remove on {0}', <sim '' 0x4e410314d6d1e89>), new_function : <function tm_be_class_exceptions at 0x00007FF4A28C5320>, target_function : <function Logger.exception at 0x00007FF48E9AD680>]
File 'D:\Projects\Sims 4 Modding\Mods\TMex Mods 2022\Tmex-BetterExceptions\tmex_BetterExceptions_Hooks.py', line 147, in tm_be_class_exceptions [ target : <function Logger.exception at 0x00007FF48E9AD680>, self : <sims4.log.Logger object at 0x00007FF4D73DE950>, message : Exception thrown while calling remove on {0}, args : (<sim '' 0x4e410314d6d1e89>,), item : เซจิ  นากะมุระ ]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v174a\injector.py', line 26, in _wrapped_function [ args : (<sims4.log.Logger object at 0x00007FF4D73DE950>, 'Exception thrown while calling remove on {0}', <sim '' 0x4e410314d6d1e89>), new_function : <function _on_exception_occurrence at 0x00007FF491C8E440>, original_function : <function Logger.exception at 0x00007FF4D725EA70>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v174a\exceptions_feedback.py', line 18, in _on_exception_occurrence [ original : <function Logger.exception at 0x00007FF4D725EA70>, self : <sims4.log.Logger object at 0x00007FF4D73DE950>, args : ('Exception thrown while calling remove on {0}', <sim '' 0x4e410314d6d1e89>)]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py', line 343, in call_on_remove [ self : object_manager, obj : เซจิ  นากะมุระ ]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py', line 3029, in on_remove [ self : เซจิ  นากะมุระ , household : Household นากะมุระ  (352424474780180104): , __class__ : <class 'sims.sim.Sim'>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\traits\trait_tracker.py', line 1100, in on_sim_removed [ self : <traits.trait_tracker.TraitTracker object at 0x00007FF4E0500BD0>, trait : <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.gaydeskjockey_STDs_Trait10'>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\traits\trait_tracker.py', line 933, in _remove_buffs [ self : <traits.trait_tracker.TraitTracker object at 0x00007FF4E0500BD0>, trait : <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.gaydeskjockey_STDs_Trait10'>, buff_handle : 40]

Edited by maxjame5432