Devious Traps for Devious Locking System

View File

Devious Traps 0.1.0

This mod follow semantic versioning.

A new devious devices traps system built from scratch and without SexLab.

Features

• Traps on Corpses
  • Traps on Containers
  • Traps on Doors
  • Traps on Plants
  • Traps on Ground objects
  • Traps on Activables (levers for example)
  • Self bondage
  • Chance of traps increases overtime
  • Chance of traps increases per worn device
  • Drop keys on containers, corpses or alongside plants
  • Configure which devices can be dropped

Missing features

• [ ] NPC supports

Known issues

None

Getting Started

Requirements

Languages

- [x] English
- [ ] ...

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/16/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, Devious Locking System, Trap Trigger
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Thanks, that looks interesting and I'll try it.

Deviously Cursed Loot is so bloated I was looking for an alternative, esp. because there are other mods that do the unlocking - multiple Follower mods, and "Devious Helpers".

Edited by BillyG

This is a nice alternative to DCL, the increase over time feature looks nice, but the requirements for this kind of drive me off. It seems like you're trying to reinvent the wheel here with requiring your own locking system, which in turn requires nemesis (which to my knowledge is incompatible with a lot of things unless you still run FNIS with it). This also has no integration with other mods yet, so even if you wanted arousal support it just won't work. You could try to make this compatible with the standard framework while still using your trap trigger resources, and make your own locking framework optional.

I'd love to have this as a light weight cursed loot alternative while still retaining the normal framework compatibility and functionality, but I suspect this won't be compatible with most DD related mods due to your locking system being required.

I could also be entirely wrong, but I don't want to start a new game to try this.

Either way this seems like a mod for someone who wants none of the DD related mods and only the appearance of DDs. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Edited by TrickyK
Clarification
1 hour ago, TrickyK said:

Either way this seems like a mod for someone who wants none of the DD related mods and only the appearance of DDs. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

So this is mutually exclusive with all the rest of the DD stuff? Ugh, that's unfortunate, and not my cup of tea either.

When trying to install the locking framework, I ran into an FNIS problem - so I'll obviously have to stick with DDL

Nemesis is not a requirement, but mods like FNIS/Nemesis is a requirement. Nemesis do the same thing as FNIS do. FNIS will work too. But Nemesis is a recommended alternative. See nemesis like a better FNIS.

I could do a compatibily with DD framework and all goes well then. But that is not just a compatibility. DD comes with requiring Sexlab, and Sexlab Aroused, which I wonder why.

I use Flower Girls myself. Creating a compatibily with DD, is making compability with Sexlab either. 

I started creating this mod because DD related mods are so heavy. Too many CTD in my like because of Sexlab or DD things.

Maybe you'll see some kind of "use DD integration" someday.

You can't expect all integration with all mods at the beginning. As a memo: I'm the only one working on this project. I can't do all.

P.S : you don't need a new save to start using this mod.

Edited by Lyrod
1 hour ago, Lyrod said:

I could do a compatibily with DD framework and all goes well then. But that is not just a compatibility. DD comes with requiring Sexlab, and Sexlab Aroused, which I wonder why.

This is something I vaguely understand as a means to use bound animations for scenes, DD hooks into sexlab to block it from using animations that would not make sense with what items are currently equipped. I think at this point it's a requirement because it's so baked into the code that making either mod an optional addition is more hassle than it's worth.

1 hour ago, Lyrod said:

I use Flower Girls myself. Creating a compatibily with DD, is making compability with Sexlab either. 

I started creating this mod because DD related mods are so heavy. Too many CTD in my like because of Sexlab or DD things.

I personally have never had issues with DD mods so far in SE, so I can't really help you there. What caused constant CTDs for me is any mod that tries to add equipment durability.

1 hour ago, Lyrod said:

Maybe you'll see some kind of "use DD integration" someday.

You can't expect all integration with all mods at the beginning. As a memo: I'm the only one working on this project. I can't do all.

That's all I'm asking for, not expecting you to immediately make it compatible, if at all. It is your mod. In fact you literally just released it, take more time to make it feature complete and fix any bugs before worrying about what I'm suggesting.

Adding a hard requirement that fundamentally alters how devices work as a requirement seems like a weird design choice from my eyes, but I understand why you did it if script heavy mods are giving you issues.

Edit: Also forgot to say that I was confused by the page for the locking system. I thought that "Nemesis (or FNIS SE, but you need to migrate to Nemesis) for Armbinder animations" meant that armbinder animations wouldn't work without using Nemesis.

Side note, but I've held off on migrating to Nemesis out of hesitation that it may not work with Sexlab and SL anim loader packs.

Edited by TrickyK
On 8/17/2021 at 8:09 AM, TrickyK said:

Edit: Also forgot to say that I was confused by the page for the locking system. I thought that "Nemesis (or FNIS SE, but you need to migrate to Nemesis) for Armbinder animations" meant that armbinder animations wouldn't work without using Nemesis.

Side note, but I've held off on migrating to Nemesis out of hesitation that it may not work with Sexlab and SL anim loader packs.

Yes, the description on the mod page with only Nemesis being mentioned was confusing to me, too.

However, I've migrated to Nemesis without problems - everything works except creature animations, but you gain 'modern' animations like True Directional Movement. For creature and 'old' animations (some are rumored not to work), you can use the output of FNIS and Nemesis at the same time: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/174188-fnis-or-nemesis/?tab=comments#comment-3478732

Concerning this mod, it's always nice to have alternatives. Toys Framework wants to get around DD, and Locking Framework wants to get around SL :-)

• 3 months later...