So I'm trying to start up SSE with all my mods on vortex cause I don't really know how to do it otherwise, and whenever I try to launch it says:

''

OSA.dll

REL/Relocation.h(537): failed to open file 

''

I don't really know what to do, I've checked everything I can think of and everything seems to be fine, but it isn't.

I suspect that one of your mods did not install correctly, so I recommend removing the offending mod completely and reinstalling it.    Third possibility, did you get upgraded for free to SE or did you purchase it from the start?   I do not think your error is a missing file from Skyrim, but I know that I have  a skyrim folder in my steam folder, though this may be left over from an install years ago. 

Anyway, I hope this helps.  If nothing else, you may find something unexpected.  

3 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

I suspect that one of your mods did not install correctly, so I recommend removing the offending mod completely and reinstalling it.    Third possibility, did you get upgraded for free to SE or did you purchase it from the start?   I do not think your error is a missing file from Skyrim, but I know that I have  a skyrim folder in my steam folder, though this may be left over from an install years ago. 

Anyway, I hope this helps.  If nothing else, you may find something unexpected.  

I have SSE and SSE MS, from the xbox app. I think I'm running SSE but I don't really know. I'm using Vortex though, sorry if it's unclear.
V the mods I'm using. There probably is a way to change the order but I don't really know how...
image.png.2c92e0598c23e26aeec3dbcfc4d929dd.pngimage.png.0f3cf1c8164b8fb6f224ea5c972d7503.png

Edited by NotAveen
22 hours ago, NotAveen said:

I have SSE and SSE MS, from the xbox app. I think I'm running SSE but I don't really know. I'm using Vortex though, sorry if it's unclear.
V the mods I'm using. There probably is a way to change the order but I don't really know how...
image.png.2c92e0598c23e26aeec3dbcfc4d929dd.pngimage.png.0f3cf1c8164b8fb6f224ea5c972d7503.png

You don't install SKSE with vortex so I am going to say that would be your issue. Uninstall that than to properly install SKSE you need to extract its contents into your skyrims root directory than copy the skse.exe file and paste it to your desktop or where ever you would like it to be, that is the executable you will be launching skyrim with if you wish to make use of mods that require skse. If you need more directions on how to do this google skse install for videos on this process. Now if this is not the solution to the error your getting I don't know how to help further as I have not used OSex before so I have not had to trouble shoot issues for it. 

-Edit- 
Also just to note for you in vortex when on the mod page where you see its sorting bar (mod name, install time, ect.) to the very right is a gear icon click then check the dependencies box. Now you can start assigning deploy order (this is not load order) this is how you will sort out conflicting files within mods to allow one to take priority over another. Now as for how to sort your load order you do that with in the plugins tab of vortex ( Yes vortex's load order sorting is janky and irritates the ever living fuck out of me at times) but to change a esps load order there is a icon on the right side of this screen don't know what to describe it as really but click and hold on it than drag it up or down and you will see it now has a arching line appearing on screen drag that to another esp you want it to load after when your now hovering over the other esps icon release your click and be prompted to confirm your decision.

Now 75% of the time instead of moving the esp you wanted moved higher or lower in the load order it is instead going to tell you to go F yourself and move the other mod you clicked on lower in the load order to than be loaded before the esp you wanted moved up. Unless the esp you chose has had a shit ton (and I mean a shit ton) of rules set in place on it to keep it from being moved lower. So yeah good luck with vortexs janky load order sorting. 

I have gotten used to vortex and I am now familiar enough with it but this aspect of vortex still to this day gets on my nerves to no end when I need to sort a plugin in the load order. 

Edited by sparral
1 hour ago, sparral said:

You don't install SKSE with vortex so I am going to say that would be your issue. Uninstall that than to properly install SKSE you need to extract its contents into your skyrims root directory than copy the skse.exe file and paste it to your desktop or where ever you would like it to be, that is the executable you will be launching skyrim with if you wish to make use of mods that require skse. If you need more directions on how to do this google skse install for videos on this process. Now if this is not the solution to the error your getting I don't know how to help further as I have not used OSex before so I have not had to trouble shoot issues for it. 

-Edit- 
Also just to note for you in vortex when on the mod page where you see its sorting bar (mod name, install time, ect.) to the very right is a gear icon click then check the dependencies box. Now you can start assigning deploy order (this is not load order) this is how you will sort out conflicting files within mods to allow one to take priority over another. Now as for how to sort your load order you do that with in the plugins tab of vortex ( Yes vortex's load order sorting is janky and irritates the ever living fuck out of me at times) but to change a esps load order there is a icon on the right side of this screen don't know what to describe it as really but click and hold on it than drag it up or down and you will see it now has a arching line appearing on screen drag that to another esp you want it to load after when your now hovering over the other esps icon release your click and be prompted to confirm your decision.

Now 75% of the time instead of moving the esp you wanted moved higher or lower in the load order it is instead going to tell you to go F yourself and move the other mod you clicked on lower in the loader to than be loaded before the esp you wanted moved up. Unless the esp you chose has had a shit ton (and I mean a shit ton) of rules set in place on it to keep it from being moved lower. So yeah good luck with vortexs janky load order sorting. 

I have gotten used to vortex and I am now familiar enough with it but this aspect of vortex still to this day gets on my nerves to no end when I need to sort a plugin in the load order. 

Alright, I thought I had it already installed in my steam folder, and I did, but that you anyways. It still isn't working though. Thank you for sparing your time nonetheless.

Ok so I think I might've found some kind of issue, but I'm not sure.

The version has a warning sign..? Think that might be the problem

edit: it also has the warning sign with a lot of others so it might be irrelevant 

image.png.21ff472b4420013e15a8dce11dfb2309.png

Edited by NotAveen

@NotAveen

Never mind this post was going to say I only saw a LE version of that in googles results but Osex for sse had a link to a sse version of it so what I had said before making this edit is irrelevant. But incase you had grabbed the LE version by mistake here is a link to the SSE version. Also if you got more than that one error/warning for your mods in vortex it may be a good idea to run loot and see if any of those errors are from having LE versions installed. Not a bad idea in any case just to see what those errors are from.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17217

Edited by sparral
11 hours ago, NotAveen said:

Ok so I think I might've found some kind of issue, but I'm not sure.

The version has a warning sign..? Think that might be the problem

edit: it also has the warning sign with a lot of others so it might be irrelevant 

image.png.21ff472b4420013e15a8dce11dfb2309.png

Sparral is giving good advice, as vortex, in an effort to be more 'user friendly" removed much of the ability for the user to solve issues themselves.    I now think that your SKSE is not deployed correctly.     Check out this answer:  https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9791848-relocation-failed-to-open-file/

For example, here is what my file looks like.   I have ran SSE, but haven't gotten to any sex scenes yet, but at least it is firing off.

sampleshot.gif

@NotAveen

One more thing to note while I don't know if that was all there was to your mod list in that screen shot or not but if you do have the SE version of that mod I linked and not the LE version. Than the error might be from that OSA mod being incompatible with skyrims current run time version so the fix might be as simple as installing address library and its requirements if you haven't already. Another note worthy mod just worth having in your mod list in general is sse engine fixes but actually read the part on its page about using it along side FNIS if you're using FNIS anyways if not disregard this next part. Now it has been a minute since I did this myself but there is something in sse engine fixes file that has to be changed to work with FNIS but it has a description on engine fixes page about how to do this and what it is that has to be changed for them to work together. 

Thank you all for your help and I've done all I think I can do, but I'm just dumb it seems. Unless you can explain to me like I'm five, I'll just try to install it in the base game with vortex and if that doesn't work I'll do them without Vortex. Sorry for taking your time.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:33 AM, NotAveen said:

Thank you all for your help and I've done all I think I can do, but I'm just dumb it seems. Unless you can explain to me like I'm five, I'll just try to install it in the base game with vortex and if that doesn't work I'll do them without Vortex. Sorry for taking your time.

Ok, lets try this.    First do you have the plugin circled in red?

sampleshot.gif.2ed8813c8cba181e1547fdd970be5b84.gif

If you do not, go here to download it. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

On 8/7/2021 at 12:33 AM, NotAveen said:

I forgot to mention that this site has a wide range of skill levels.  Sometimes, those of us who have been at this (modding) for decades, assume what is obvious to us is obvious to everyone else.     That is what I did, when I sent you to the help forum at Nexus.    In any event, hopefully the step I talked about above is the missing part.   

The way you said you installed the mods suggested that you were going through and getting the requirements for each mod (and their requirements).  However, that is a very laborious process, and you may have missed some sub requirements.  

On 8/8/2021 at 8:09 AM, steelpanther24 said:

I forgot to mention that this site has a wide range of skill levels.  Sometimes, those of us who have been at this (modding) for decades, assume what is obvious to us is obvious to everyone else.     That is what I did, when I sent you to the help forum at Nexus.    In any event, hopefully the step I talked about above is the missing part.   

The way you said you installed the mods suggested that you were going through and getting the requirements for each mod (and their requirements).  However, that is a very laborious process, and you may have missed some sub requirements.  

As someone who has modded many games in the past. I would say skyrim modding can range from drag an drop to install, install requirements, and do 10 other steps. but when it comes to sex mods. They always have 10+ steps depending on what you want to do. And LL can be a bit of a pain if requirements are not listed or if the its just a description of hey I converted to SE GL.  

3 hours ago, flameingtwister said:

As someone who has modded many games in the past. I would say skyrim modding can range from drag an drop to install, install requirements, and do 10 other steps. but when it comes to sex mods. They always have 10+ steps depending on what you want to do. And LL can be a bit of a pain if requirements are not listed or if the its just a description of hey I converted to SE GL.  

So, did you get the issue fixed?   I was hoping it was an easy kill, but I am guessing you had the address library installed already.   

Edited by steelpanther24
On 8/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, steelpanther24 said:

So, did you get the issue fixed?   I was hoping it was an easy kill, but I am guessing you had the address library installed already.   

I never had a issue to begin with I was just stating past experiences. And also may or may not of been calling some actions out. But that is besides the point.  

10 hours ago, flameingtwister said:

I never had a issue to begin with I was just stating past experiences. And also may or may not of been calling some actions out. But that is besides the point.  

Ah, hopefully the OP read that comment that I incorrectly replied to your comment.      Ah well, my fault for hitting the reply.

• 5 months later...