Wicked Whims Update

On Turbo's patreon page, there was the usual update warning. It's good practice to shut off automatic updates and wait for the all clear signal, upgrade the mod, and then update the game.  Since Cottage Living comes out on July 22, it may be after that and the updates combined.

Sorry for your situation.  Bummer. Last game update created no problems for WW, this one was a disaster.

DD still works to a point, though eventually you'll experience a crash-to-desktop with the new Sims 4 update.  Probably best to wait for Turbo to get around to the update.  I suspect he'll wait to see what the new expansion pack shipping on the 22d of July will bring to the table.

12 minutes ago, jargee said:

If anyone have a suggestion, Please inform what can we do if I already get the letaest updates on the game and WW doesn't works   :(

I have a suggestion,

Be patient and wait for all your mods to be updated.

Play another game while you're waiting or just play Sims 4 Vanilla without mods.

Can't get any easier than that.

1 hour ago, BatDood said:

I have a suggestion,

Be patient and wait for all your mods to be updated.

Play another game while you're waiting or just play Sims 4 Vanilla without mods.

Can't get any easier than that.

There are no other games, unless you mean Sims 3, and Kinky world will crash your game.

Just now, MrGrey said:

There are no other games, unless you mean Sims 3, and Kinky world will crash your game.

What do you mean there are no other games? That makes absolutely no sense.

There's plenty of games out there. Skyrim, the Fallout series, the Witcher series.

I could spend the rest of my life rhyming off games here in this post.

If you're limiting yourself to Sims games, then that's your choice.

9 minutes ago, BatDood said:

What do you mean there are no other games? That makes absolutely no sense.

There's plenty of games out there. Skyrim, the Fallout series, the Witcher series.

I could spend the rest of my life rhyming off games here in this post.

If you're limiting yourself to Sims games, then that's your choice.

Those are shoot-em-up/Story games with mods that play animations. The mods are not part of the game play and don't change the story one bit.

I mean, you see Piper. Hit Home. Chose Nate and Piper, chose an animation, hit play. Animation's over and nothing at all has changed. Where's the game in that? And all those mods you need to do it will crash your game.  I mean, sure, you can spend all day putting together the mods so you can capture and sell sex slaves, but your game will become buggy.

Look at the Synth work bench mod: unless you restrict the synths you made to Nora and Nate, then your sims will eventually come out buggy, literally six legged rad roaches.  What's the point in making sex settlers if you can't make a blond, brunette, ginger and Asian sex slave?

3 minutes ago, MrGrey said:

Those are shoot-em-up/Story games with mods that play animations.

You've just focused attention on one game.

I did happen to mention that there's tons out there.

It also seems as though your focus is about games that have sex involved (whether shipped or modded).

Cool. Since that's your thing, there's plenty of those out there too.

The fact that you would state that there are no other games still makes no sense.

2 hours ago, MrGrey said:

Those are shoot-em-up/Story games with mods that play animations. The mods are not part of the game play and don't change the story one bit.

I mean, you see Piper. Hit Home. Chose Nate and Piper, chose an animation, hit play. Animation's over and nothing at all has changed. Where's the game in that? And all those mods you need to do it will crash your game.  I mean, sure, you can spend all day putting together the mods so you can capture and sell sex slaves, but your game will become buggy.

Look at the Synth work bench mod: unless you restrict the synths you made to Nora and Nate, then your sims will eventually come out buggy, literally six legged rad roaches.  What's the point in making sex settlers if you can't make a blond, brunette, ginger and Asian sex slave?

If you mean that in these games most Sexmods = Sexbots (aka, no story) you should try Amorous Adventures for Skyrim. Or go many more years back to Neverwinter Nights and play my favourite mod ever, A Dance with Rogues (I'm still waiting for any modern mod to achieve that writing/storytelling level).
But honestly, how much more have the Sims mods really to add? Mostly they are getting old fast too and don't add much more than playing a few animations and kinky stuff, just like the Beth game ones. Let me know if you know some really outstanding examples I'm not aware of yet.

Rim-world integrates it into the gameplay. If your looking for something like that. However it is not 3D and it is not really animated. Gameplay in that game is amazing though. Do keep in mind that if you intend on modding with sex mods and stuff like that it will get buggy. I spent more time getting it to work properly than actually playing.

21 hours ago, MrGrey said:

yeap, I fully agree. For what it's worth for any modder reading this. 

I have updates since today and spent a while updating ui extension mccc etc and im not getting a last exception error but during all sex scenes the 2 sims arent aligned anymore they semm to not line up properly for example doing doggy style the males arms arnt holding the others sims hips but are at a 45 degree angle to the left holding the air :P is this a possible bug in WW that might just need a tweek and a hotfix in the next update or is possible one of the other mods could mess the the sims alignment in ww animations?

I'm fed up of this rivalry between WW and DD, every update it's just the same shit... Come on, instead of masturbating your egos, you cannot just work together for the community ? Instead of playing your own egotripshit ?

Edited by kepler78
20 hours ago, SticksStackStuck said:

I just updated with the newest version of WW, and everything now runs fine for me. I'm still waiting for Cottage Living to drop where I live, hopefully that won't throw WW off balance.

A big thank you to Turbodriver for being on the ball and updating the mod so fast!

Are you one of those poor souls who can't download it? I pre-ordered and couldn't download, as did a lot of other people who pre-ordered.

Seems EA screwed over those who pre-loaded it.  You can fix it but I think it causes you to lose the "extra content" that you get from the pre-order. You know, like the idiot hats that came with the pre-order of the base game.  Only use I found for those hats was on my Luna Lovegood sim.

Doing this for the PC worked for me:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

And the Cottage Crap EP is downloading even as I type this.

15 hours ago, MrGrey said:

Are you one of those poor souls who can't download it? I pre-ordered and couldn't download, as did a lot of other people who pre-ordered.

I pre-ordered too and scratched my head quite a bit. In the end a simple restart of the machine solved the problem.

It's like the title of the computer books you sims can buy: Turn it off and on again. Who knew the Sims would impart actual knowledge...