CTK-GUI for VX (beta)

On 10/24/2023 at 12:24 PM, Curtis_S said:

Here's one example. There is one custom settings file you'll need in your path for this to work. I included all of them just in case.

Is it possible to build this shoe using only the default CTK scripts? If a custom script is required, that kinda defeats the purpose of an easy-to-use GUI.

I tried building your boots using only your bat file w/o your custom "Settings" file and nothing was added. I need universal examples of shoes and clothing, that can be built using a stock copy of CTK v3.2 to update (complete?) my utility.

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Curtis_S said:

The only difference in that script is it creates a mesh loop to pick up multiple objects. And the fact that I had to tell you that doesn't inspire much confidence in your ability to produce a working GUI.

I didn't spend one second examining your custom script. The point of a GUI is to SIMPLIFY the creation of Addons. The moment you start requiring users to install custom scripts just to make your addon work, you defeat the purpose of a GUI.

And the fact that I had to tell you that doesn't inspire much confidence in your ability to understand the point of a GUI. ?

If you drop to a command prompt and type "collatkane -h" you will see every single command that can possibly be put into a batch file and/or graphical user interface, along with a brief explanation. You obviously don't have the first clue what to do with any of that. Probably don't even know it exists.

13 hours ago, Curtis_S said:

If you drop to a command prompt and type "collatkane -h" you will see every single command that can possibly be put into a batch file and/or graphical user interface, along with a brief explanation. You obviously don't have the first clue what to do with any of that. Probably don't even know it exists.

Son of a gun if you didn't just prove me right that you don't understand the point of a GUI.

Using my shell, I can turn a dae file into a working Addon in 10 seconds and it is guaranteed to work the first time.

If you're comfortable writing a script from scratch, knowing EXACTLY which fields you can change and which you can't, then you are for more brilliant than every other novice who might find a GUI useful.

I don't know what triggered this unprovoked attack, but I suggest you go back to KE where everyone thinks they're brilliant and spends their days looking down their noses at the rest of the community.

You can blame your inability to produce a plugin on my "unprovoked attack" if you like, but you're more likely to have something to show for your efforts if you would quit pretending to be the smartest kid in the room long enough to learn how to read a batch file.

Edited by Curtis_S
  • OysterMug changed the title to CTK-GUI for VX (beta)