Sims 3 butt slider similar to WhibbyGaylord's sliders for Sims 4

@angelav, as this is TS3, and most here play TS3, most might not have a clue what "WhibbyGalylord's slider" does that is different from ones we have? I use sliders by OneEuroMutt that work well for me.

1 hour ago, angelav said:

too unnatural and disporportionate to the sims's body

No clue how the Sims 4 does anything.

The Sims 3  'bodies' are generally made with 2 parts (upper/lower torso) with separate feet, hands, head. This is generally defined by the clothing they wear. Because of this there ARE seams, but default EA and well made custom CC will never show the seam. Also full body options appear where the top and bottom were included together.

These are ALL meshes with most being based upon the default EA version. Creators will make adjustments to these meshes, many times offering enhanced versions - wider hips, bigger butt and boobs, etc.    Yet like any clothing - the mesh will change if the clothing (nude body is clothing) are changed. Unlike the Creation engine used by Bethesda where mods like Body Shop exist, allowing users the ability to change the mesh of many items so they can match a nude body, The Sims 3 has no such feature.

The best we can do is find a specific body style with clothing made using that body OR stick to default and use sliders.

Sliders change the length of the 'bones' used for animating the meshes and aren't a 'perfect skeleton'. Because of this one must experiment over time to find out what works for each situation. Most all sliders were created to customize a Sims body/face to create pretty screenshots and not for actual 'live play' as when Sims move (animate) the sliders can (will) cause parts of the body to change positions not correct for a given feature. Hands won't line up to the fork they use to eat with, etc. Also Sliders can expose the seams in the body. The more extreme the motion and slider setting - the more accented the problems become.

One can use several sliders together sometimes to create a satisfactory effect with less negative results if using a 'slider modified' body to play the game live with instead of just taking pictures. All butt sliders I've seen change the angle of the legs relative to the default position - bigger butt moves the feet forward so when the legs bend, they game 'tries' to put things like the feet where it thinks they should be, creating some less than spectacular results.

By enhancing the butt just a little, and then changing the butt 'angle' just a little, raising the hips and lowering the waist, JUST A LITTLE, seems to give me the best look while keeping things fairly normal (all things considered). I can have more extreme slider usage on NPC Sims I won't play (put in sexual positions/animations/undress).

Using a custom mesh body with no need to move any body slider is always the best way to get the look you like with the Sims 3, but then as mentioned above, your 'CC' options are fewer.

tldr: Yeah, shit happens.

Spoiler

Screenshot-135.jpg.2ab57cc6a999a71925c3bdb2738b360e.jpg

Amazing custom body made by Nonsequitur, yet only has 3 outfits made using it, so I do use it for a jungle/tropical location on a single Sim. If one can find clothing flagged as accessories, depending on the CC - may give one a few more options - like KW bra's and panties.

Screenshot-821.jpg.50a4513e551d7cf47c47114eb85be542.jpg

The advantage to this is all animations will look normal where as if I tried to make the body look like this with sliders, most all animations would 'break' the Sim creating some horrific poses, etc.  (I did use a few sliders on this body FYI - mostly on the breasts in the bottom shot)

2 hours ago, landess said:

No clue how the Sims 4 does anything.

Yup. ) And @angelav...

Getting into weeds, but there are a few things... animation rigs have little to do with how sliders work. Sliders work more like shape morphs... fat, thin, muscular, with exceptions, of course. Those being facial sliders, which are often vertices sliders. 99% of body sliders are bone weight sliders, EXCEPT... Cmar's boob sliders. ))) 

This is a pelvis of a dress I'm messing with. Colors indicate bone weight. They CAN be repainted and adjusted, but it's work, as the adjacent bones have to also be compensated and adjusted. There are other factors to sliders. I only know, as I also play with those. ) 

Basics of a butt slider is that the slider increases the size of the pelvis bone proportionately as you see the colors... red more, orange a little less, yellow, etc. And you have a balloon. So, the slider ALSO then must adjust the relative coordinates of the pelvis, and moves it back. MATH time! Actually, some guessing too. Pelvis increase y axis .5 and move back .2, as it isn't usually a straight forward 1 to 1. This makes a big butt. Increase the x axis and you get wide hips. Where the PITA comes in is that too often when you move one, you move the one next to it... so must reverse compensate. Above the pelvis is spine 0. to keep the waist where it is, you must include in the slider a negative value to shrink the waist as the pelvis gets bigger, and move the waist forward as the pelvis (butt) moves back... Not a 1 to 1. There are programs that might figure this out, but I never figured out how to use the programs!!! So, I guess... test... adjust... test... adjust... rinse and repeat.

1335259032_pelvisyes.PNG.8d91217b45b12e908121c8b06793886a.PNG

There are tools to make sliders available on MTS, and a few tutorials. I don't know what the bone structure of TS4 looks like, but it can't be too different.

Again, you post a pic of what you are trying to do, and it make far less guessing from us.