Looking for mod that makes PC use unique body type

Before you answer, yes i do know about total unique player but that dosen't support clothing, so my question is, is there a mod that does what total unique player does but also supports armor and clothing?

I really wanna use a chubby body preset but i do not want every single NPC have that chubby preset aswell.

Thank you for answers in advance, and sorry for my broken english :)

No, because its literally impossible

Both Player & NPC use the same Armor, if you want the Player to use a player-fitted body armor and still have NPC use the same armor but fitted to their body, you need to make an additional mod that introduces an alternate armor set using the players "unique" body whereas the NPC would use the default equivalent

That would of course not be sufficient to allow the Player to use the armor in a proper playthrough as you had to use additemmenu/the console to get that player fitted armor piece, so what you want to do next to automate that is attach a script to every. single. armor piece in the entire game, so automatically make it swap when its picked up by the player - and changed back when its lost

So no, that mod you want doesnt exist and wont ever exist

4 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Both Player & NPC use the same Armor, if you want the Player to use a player-fitted body armor and still have NPC use the same armor but fitted to their body, you need to make an additional mod that introduces an alternate armor set using the players "unique" body whereas the NPC would use the default equivalent

That would of course not be sufficient to allow the Player to use the armor in a proper playthrough as you had to use additemmenu/the console to get that player fitted armor piece, so what you want to do next to automate that is attach a script to every. single. armor piece in the entire game, so automatically make it swap when its picked up by the player - and changed back when its lost

Ah alright, that kinda sucks but now i get it, cheers!

24 minutes ago, Scrab said:

I was thinking, would it be easier/possible, if it would only support custom armor? So not every single clothing in the game but just like one or two custom armors.

I don't know anything about modding but i feel like that could work?

Just now, NiX10 said:

I don't know anything about modding but i feel like that could work?

Lets go through it once with Hide Armor as an example cause Im bored, aye

So, first youd need 4 Meshes. 2 of the you already got, those are the default Hide Armor Meshes for male and female. Then for your player exclusive armor youd need another two. Because Bodyslide exists youd probably also want to create bodyslide files for those player armors (thats pretty much why you want to do this after all). That alone would probably eat up roughly 30min per armor; ignoring the male mesh wouldnt change much there I guess

So now we got 4 Meshes, 2 for Vanilla and 2 for Player exclusive

Into the CK, you doublicate the Vanilla Hide Armor and change the data paths for the meshes to point at your new player exclusive meshes. You got 2 fully functionaly hide Armors then: a player hide armor and the vanilla hide armor

Next youd link it up with each other, the easiest way of doing this would probably be an OnItemAdded/Removed Event, which swaps the Armor everytime they leave or enter the Inventory of the Player. Of course there will probably be consistency issues you have to check for, next to the 42 billion armor properties - 2 for each piece of armor

Thats roughly 1 hour of work for each armor piece + some additional work for the script frame and youd probably still be left with inconsistency and it might be slightly annoyed since armor would be swapped out in and out of yourinventory every time you pick up some armor - not to mention the pressure on the papyrus engine there 

30 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Lets go through it once with Hide Armor as an example cause Im bored, aye

So, first youd need 4 Meshes. 2 of the you already got, those are the default Hide Armor Meshes for male and female. Then for your player exclusive armor youd need another two. Because Bodyslide exists youd probably also want to create bodyslide files for those player armors (thats pretty much why you want to do this after all). That alone would probably eat up roughly 30min per armor; ignoring the male mesh wouldnt change much there I guess

So now we got 4 Meshes, 2 for Vanilla and 2 for Player exclusive

Into the CK, you doublicate the Vanilla Hide Armor and change the data paths for the meshes to point at your new player exclusive meshes. You got 2 fully functionaly hide Armors then: a player hide armor and the vanilla hide armor

Next youd link it up with each other, the easiest way of doing this would probably be an OnItemAdded/Removed Event, which swaps the Armor everytime they leave or enter the Inventory of the Player. Of course there will probably be consistency issues you have to check for, next to the 42 billion armor properties - 2 for each piece of armor

Thats roughly 1 hour of work for each armor piece + some additional work for the script frame and youd probably still be left with inconsistency and it might be slightly annoyed since armor would be swapped out in and out of yourinventory every time you pick up some armor - not to mention the pressure on the papyrus engine there 

I undrestood like half of it, but thanks for taking time and explaining it

Just use Custom armor mod  with no Levelled List that has Bodyslide support.

Have one preset for NPCs and one for Your character.

Run Bodyslide for NPCs preset on vanilla & levelled list mods, and Bodyslide for Player preset only on the custom Armor.

AddItemMenu the custom armor to your character.

Done.

Note: The above approach, while functional, will totally fail with ZAZ and Devious Device items when applied to Player

I make this "work" by keeping the two presets close in appearance.

• 9 months later...
On 6/20/2021 at 12:30 PM, Scrab said:

No, its not impossible at all.

First this has already been done back in SkyrimLE as early as 2012, can not remember the names off the top of my head but it was already done in at least 2 ways to give players armor that was unique from NPC's including their own body was unique.  One of the mods went as far as to make all the races use unique meshes and armors as well.

However as someone that has worked on a lot, a lot of armors and outfits I can tell you a thing or two about how it should be done.

Simple way is to make a unique player race and then you make a unique ArmorAA for every armor in the game and put that in the Armor record, now this unique player race is functionally acting just like Argonians, Khajiit, and Orcs in that those races natively in game have special unique ArmorAA entries as it is by default.

Because we will make the unique player just like races already present in the game this system still requires no scripting skill and will be functionally faster than scripted methods.  The player would seemlessly be able to use any found armor in the game an it would be unique to the player.

The trouble is that all the mod added armor would also have to be patched to work in this manner, meaning a lot of headache on the end-user or the person(s) providing support for such a thing....That would translate into a lot of time we are talking probably months of work to make outfits work with this body.

How do I know this?

I have already pretty much done all of these functions with my own armor mods that I have provided support for even in Book of UUNP had to support default races but the top of that list for similar unique player body/race was with Fallout 4's IKAROS race mod I had to implant a unique body and fit all the supported armors through bodyslide and make brand new or updated ESP's for every mod added armor.  We are talking about what 150-300 vanilla armors and outfits for Fo4 plus another 800 in armor parts for modded armors I provided support for???  So yes that was 4 months of constant work to get that done so that all the popular armor was available for Fo4 IKAROS in AB body.

The major roadblock to this method is actually the insane time cost.  

Your mod had better be really fricking cool to get people interested in building such compatibility and I just do not see it in a True Unique Player.

Bodygen would have been nice but for some reason its actually hard coded to only work through mod functions on the player rather than using a Bodygen template like you can for All|Female, All|Female|NordRace, or SpecificNPC|xxxxxxid.  Yes I already tried to use a Nord it does not work through Bodygen itself have to actually use Racemenu or another mod to effect the player ref.  This was coded that way so that the Player bodygen data was tada unique to the player.

I would have liked to however use a 0-100 weight system Bodygen file for the Player specifically so that when using Pumping Iron I could actually have dynamic mesh muscle growth.....Would have been amazing but wont happen without a mod that specifically is built for it Im afraid it wont happen dont have the skill for scripting not interested in putting the time in there will likely be other outfits to tinker on as it is.

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2022 at 10:30 AM, Gameplayer said:

No, its not impossible at all.

First this has already been done back in SkyrimLE as early as 2012, can not remember the names off the top of my head but it was already done in at least 2 ways to give players armor that was unique from NPC's including their own body was unique.  One of the mods went as far as to make all the races use unique meshes and armors as well.

However as someone that has worked on a lot, a lot of armors and outfits I can tell you a thing or two about how it should be done.

Simple way is to make a unique player race and then you make a unique ArmorAA for every armor in the game and put that in the Armor record, now this unique player race is functionally acting just like Argonians, Khajiit, and Orcs in that those races natively in game have special unique ArmorAA entries as it is by default.

Because we will make the unique player just like races already present in the game this system still requires no scripting skill and will be functionally faster than scripted methods.  The player would seemlessly be able to use any found armor in the game an it would be unique to the player.

The trouble is that all the mod added armor would also have to be patched to work in this manner, meaning a lot of headache on the end-user or the person(s) providing support for such a thing....That would translate into a lot of time we are talking probably months of work to make outfits work with this body.

How do I know this?

I have already pretty much done all of these functions with my own armor mods that I have provided support for even in Book of UUNP had to support default races but the top of that list for similar unique player body/race was with Fallout 4's IKAROS race mod I had to implant a unique body and fit all the supported armors through bodyslide and make brand new or updated ESP's for every mod added armor.  We are talking about what 150-300 vanilla armors and outfits for Fo4 plus another 800 in armor parts for modded armors I provided support for???  So yes that was 4 months of constant work to get that done so that all the popular armor was available for Fo4 IKAROS in AB body.

The major roadblock to this method is actually the insane time cost.  

Your mod had better be really fricking cool to get people interested in building such compatibility and I just do not see it in a True Unique Player.

Bodygen would have been nice but for some reason its actually hard coded to only work through mod functions on the player rather than using a Bodygen template like you can for All|Female, All|Female|NordRace, or SpecificNPC|xxxxxxid.  Yes I already tried to use a Nord it does not work through Bodygen itself have to actually use Racemenu or another mod to effect the player ref.  This was coded that way so that the Player bodygen data was tada unique to the player.

I would have liked to however use a 0-100 weight system Bodygen file for the Player specifically so that when using Pumping Iron I could actually have dynamic mesh muscle growth.....Would have been amazing but wont happen without a mod that specifically is built for it Im afraid it wont happen dont have the skill for scripting not interested in putting the time in there will likely be other outfits to tinker on as it is.

Bit of a late reply, but what do you think of these two mods? I'm currently trying to get a femboy/futa 3BA character meshed up with vanilla and Immersive Armors properly without giving every female NPC a flat chest and have been struggling to find a decent solution.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11656

Polymorphic seems amazing, but the issue is that it plays very poorly with schlongs. Slot 52 is required in its handling to properly swap the armor out for the custom meshes, but its also required by schlongs, so when automatic handling is enabled the mod just removes the dick for good (until you restart the game) since it can't find an a model to swap it for. Manual handling is the only way I've found around this, but it means clicking through tons of windows to select addon weights every time armor is equipped/unequipped, which is a bit clunky.

The Sasha's mod is script free, but I'm uncertain how much armor it's actually compatible with, and the requirement of reforging every armor piece to "refit" them is a bit of a pain.

If there are any other mods of the sort that have popped up more recently, I'm listening! Would really like to find an ideal solution.

Oh hey, I got pinged here with Polymorphic Armor being linked.  I made the mod a little while back primarily for myself to use, and in the latest version added the Batch Build mode which overall seems to work pretty effectively.  The mod basically uses a secondary repository of nifs that are intended to mirror the file structure used by the normal gear except with a "pa" addendum in the file structure (so, instead of Meshes/Armor/Bandit/XXXX.nif, it would be Meshes/Armorpa/Bandit/XXXX.nif, with the pa one being the one intended for player use).  This can either be combined with a custom race using a custom body or just for setting up different looking armor for the player to wear.  Slots can be restricted to not change, but one of the issues is that for all of the meshes that might be swapped, a corresponding mesh is needed in a "pa" equivalent folder, even if it isn't changing because there is no innate functionality I've found to be able to check and see if a .nif or a file exists.

In the batch build mode, what the mod does is shortly after the player equips an item, it goes through all of the items in the player's inventory, checks for any non-restricted slots that have items equipped, and then if it finds any, it changes the .nif files the armor addons are looking at it to the pa version, updates the players 3d model (so that the updated armor is shown), and then resets the armor addons back to their original .nif files so that any NPCs equipping that armor won't use the players model.  This mode seems to be much less janky than the way I was originally doing it.  Two short videos in the spoiler below showing what this looks like in game (One equipping novice mage robes that have an alternate mesh, and the other equipping a zaz harness and DD gag).

The mod isn't a perfect solution, but it seems to have worked fairly well overall as long as you are making sure to have appropriate replacement nifs.

Spoiler

Novice Robes Equip

Zaz and DD Equip

Edited by fingerscrossed