XEO eye problems

Atreides__

It's for Oblivion, my apologies about post this in New vegas dunno where i had my head lol. I have a problem with most of npcs that shows like a black eye but the other have the correct texture. Something is conflict with it, i tried the fix from nexus but still doesn't work.

Thanks a lot. :P

PD:What a shame!. It was my fault with the load order. Thanks anyway. ;)

Now, is it Xeo4, Xeo5, Xeosp, or Xeosp++? We need to know before we can help you, Xeo4/5 are notorious for having the black/googly eye problem, only solution on those is to either Bash them in a Bash patch or open up the offending race/eye mesh problem in CS and do a manual edit. I use Xeosp++ and have NO eye problems with MBP/MBP++ even without using a Bash patch.

Don't get me wrong, I remember talking to the author in due time if he/she was a nice person but...

Changing all the default NPC eyes just to allow Heterochromia is damned fucking stupid. It doesn't worth it and makes the mod destroying a lot of others if you're not really careful with your mod order or can use WB.

PS: Why am having such a violent reaction about it? Well, that's because dozens of trolls have accused my mods to have googly eyes...

Aaanyway, good luck,

My official advice is to remove this ASAP.

Cheers!

Whichever version of xeo you decide to run just make sure it is at the very bottom of your load order and you shouldn't have any issues.

To echo what both Grumpf and Slammer64 said I would go with xeosp++ (I made the switch myself) as it plays sooooo much nicer with everything else. :)

Thanks mate!

You guys have the patience of saints...

When I see how hard it is to install mods in Japanese for example, and the hassle poor DragonAviator has to answer all the newbies on the Nexus to run CLS, which is basically a BSA, an ESP and 2 OBSE plugins I can imagine what you have to deal with...

We really need to have a simple mod section where we will do all the hard job (no pun) for our, let's say, more technically challenged members.

Well, it's not my place to discuss that but we need to grow again!

Cheers!!!

Thanks mate!

You guys have the patience of saints...

When I see how hard it is to install mods in Japanese for example' date=' and the hassle poor DragonAviator has to answer all the newbies on the Nexus to run CLS, which is basically a BSA, an ESP and 2 OBSE plugins I can imagine what you have to deal with...

We really need to have a simple mod section where we will do all the hard job (no pun) for our, let's say, more technically challenged members.

Well, it's not my place to discuss that but we need to grow again!

Cheers!!!

[/quote']

RaggedRobin and I were thinking just that very thought and have started working on something that may help the 1st time lovers folks. Lovers is just to awesome not to try to make it as accessible and easy to understand\install as humanly possible! We still have quite a few ducks to get in a row before offering up anything but hopefully what we come up with will help! :)

Don't get me wrong' date=' I remember talking to the author in due time if he/she was a nice person but...

Changing all the default NPC eyes just to allow Heterochromia is damned fucking stupid. It doesn't worth it and makes the mod destroying a lot of others if you're not really careful with your mod order or can use WB.

PS: Why am having such a violent reaction about it? Well, that's because [u']dozens [/u]of trolls have accused my mods to have googly eyes...

Aaanyway, good luck,

My official advice is to remove this ASAP.

Cheers!

I agree, replacing the eyes was pretty silly. Anyone could have figured out that was gonna cause trouble. Personally, I renamed the MBP eye meshes, edited all MBP races to point to those, and removed all edits to existing vanilla race eyes. I still have to carefully check every mod to make sure they don't put the changes right back, but so far it has worked. My vanilla races use the eyes from COBL races and that's good enough for me. One tool that has helped a ton in finding the culprit for googly eyes is tes4edit, for instance when the lovers disableX117 plugin screwed them up again.

When I found that Xeo4/5 was causing the problem, I found that I'm just too damn lazy to go in and make all those changes EvenstarGW. I'm still learning stuff everyday so I'm glad I found a good alternative. Besides, like you said, the next mod you try would be the one that screws everything up again, since it was looking for the original, unedited paths. And I'm still enough of a newb here, and I remember how I fought to get everything working right, I try and help others with their problems to the best of my abilities, since this game is sooooooo much fun. So if you need a hand with anything, just let me know, ok?

Well, If you offer stands for other things (Yes I'm an opportunist but I'll give help to others in return :D ), I can use a "young" modder to help me with some decoration if that's your thing...

Making places less dull by adding objects etc.

And I can certainly use Beta testers that knows the CS, for sure.

I just wish I was "young" Grumpf, I didn't take the title of "The Old Man of the Forum" for nothing! :D But I'd be glad to help in anyway I can, besides, it will help me learn more modding techniques. I have an idea I think the forum would like, but I need to get a little more skilled first.

Archived