Asking for advice on what I am doing wrong

Hi everyone!, I came back to the game after the disappointing launch in 2014 (for me at least), and waited 6 years before I decided it's worth it to play it again. I've been hooked with the CAS as usual, with the massive CC we all have (heh). I've been following sims4imagination and love his/her japanese JAV sims (and the other sims too!), so I decided to try my own. Now I understand that these girls have makeup on, as with many people, which can make it harder. (I don't have an iPhone so I don't have the Makapp app that removes makeup from pictures) I've also been using a 3D face program that can take a single image and make it into a 3D model, which has helped tremendously cause most pictures of these girls are from the front only, rarely from other angles unless I unnnn watch their videos (cough), which can be annoying to scroll through an hour of video. 

My problem is I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, if it's the makeup or their face shape. I get really close thanks to the Ai 3D modelling, but something is just off, can all of you amazing CAS experts tell me what could be the problem,

I'm also using a program called OnTopReplica, that make a window semi-transparent so I could "trace" and compare

Here's one example, I'm trying to create Yui Nagase (I won't post pictures of that here, just in case it's not allowed, pictures of her face are available online for obvious reasons)

Here are some screenshots:

I think I got the eyes almost on spot (other than the makeup, that's hard), but it seems like mouth and nose? Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

P.S. I know Sims CAS isn't perfect, I'm not looking for to capture them exactly, as CAS in SIms 4 has its limits, but I wanna try to be as close as possible. Thanks!

2021-05-26 09_36_59-The Sims™ 4.png

2021-05-26 09_37_07-The Sims™ 4.png

2021-05-26 09_35_54-The Sims™ 4.png

2021-05-26 09_36_03-The Sims™ 4.png

2021-05-26 09_36_13-The Sims™ 4.png

2021-05-26 09_36_26-The Sims™ 4.png

To me, the nose is too far down, shorten it, thicken the tip and invert the bridge...it's too hooked. I would also round off the chin more. [I'm no expert, not by a long shot, but looking at pictures of Yui Nagase, that's what I would do]

Edited by Winter Soul

Well those sure are some advanced methods for creating faces!

From my experience, making Japanese sims is extremely challenging, I've only "successfully" made two, one of which I consider bad at this point. Be careful when selecting preset face parts because it can secretly mess up what you're doing, it may appear good from the front but not from the side profile. Picking the right presets first is important. There are more custom presets and sliders out there but I'm assuming we're keeping it vanilla.

It's tough to describe which face slider to manipulate, I'd follow Winter Soul's advice first. Raise the whole nose a bit and in detail edit mode, pull the most convex part of the nose bridge out. From the side, try highlighting the forehead and pull it back a bit to pull the whole face back slightly, but not too far.

This wasn't much help I know, but detail edit mode is your friend, there's a lot you can do that you might not expect with that.