Jeff Hanneman R.I.P.

buttnine

He contracted necrotizing fasciitis?

Jesus man...

Yeah. From a spider bite, no less. Damned Brown Recluses.

I love spiders, the non dangerous ones.  However we have a fuck ton of Brown recluses here, I even had a few crawl on me while I was outside.  Needless to say I admit to screaming like a girl.

He contracted necrotizing fasciitis?

Jesus man...

Yeah. From a spider bite, no less. Damned Brown Recluses.

I love spiders, the non dangerous ones. However we have a fuck ton of Brown recluses here, I even had a few crawl on me while I was outside. Needless to say I admit to screaming like a girl.

Ha! Likewise. They are quite common here, too. I have to regularly patrol my kid's swingset/clubhouse in our backyard to exterminate those freaky bastards.

I hate spiders with the fiery passion of a million burning suns, and every time someone brings them up I immediately go into search mode. I'm typing this right now with my feet up on my chair. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear he died, Slayer rocked.

I hate spiders with the fiery passion of a million burning suns, and every time someone brings them up I immediately go into search mode. I'm typing this right now with my feet up on my chair. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear he died, Slayer rocked.

;) That made me laugh out loud! I like you, Queen Bee.

• 3 months later...

Necro... old news, whatever I don't care, I won't let this thread die without me having a say in it. Not now when I've seen it.

Despite his drinking problems, he would probably still be alive if it wasn't for the infection to aggravate the situation. And to that fucking baptist church whatever they're called, a big FUCK YOU, breath-wasting cunts. Millions of sperm cells and they were the ones who made it.

RIP Jeff Hanneman, may the spider be forever tormented by your riffs, solos, and shreds.

Enjoy your reign, brother. We'll all join you, eventually.

• 2 months later...

Necro... old news, whatever I don't care, I won't let this thread die without me having a say in it. Not now when I've seen it.

Despite his drinking problems, he would probably still be alive if it wasn't for the infection to aggravate the situation. And to that fucking baptist church whatever they're called, a big FUCK YOU, breath-wasting cunts. Millions of sperm cells and they were the ones who made it.

RIP Jeff Hanneman, may the spider be forever tormented by your riffs, solos, and shreds.

Enjoy your reign, brother. We'll all join you, eventually.

Well said, Mike - in an angry, vengeful, fatalistic and completely appropriate and wonderful kind of way.  You are a good man.

I am NOT a girl, but I just felt a VERY unpleasant shudder when I googled "brown recluse". Yikes! So small and yet so fatal. These spiders are so tiny you could easily step on them by accident when putting on your shoes... *aaaaaarrghh*

Hannemann:

I am not a big Slayer fan I must admit, but I love the "Seasons in the abyss"-album. Can it be that many of the musicians I used to know over the last decades just die like flies these days? Peter Steele, Ronnie James Dio, Jeff Hannemann. Lemmy's also sick. Al Jourgensen had 13 (!) ulcers surgically removed.

Would you musicians be so kind and stop that? Hmph!

Yeah, what sucks about them is that they can be big or small. And they're equally dangerous. Like I said earlier, we have them here where I live and I have to patrol my kid's swingset regularly to make sure those things haven't moved in.

And as far as our fave musicians and their health - perhaps we need to set up an aging rockers health network.

we have them here where I live and I have to patrol my kid's swingset regularly to make sure those things haven't moved in.

I'm glad that over here in Germany there are simply no dangerous animals like these spiders. In Australia, there are - among other killer vermin - marine stingers ("Irukandji") the size of a thumbnail that can kill you in a horribly painful manner. It's the tinyness that makes animals like these so dangerous. You cannot flee from a danger you cannot see. 

perhaps we need to set up an aging rockers health network

LOL... yep, it's depressing because all our youth idols are turning into old geezers. Which inevitably reminds us of our own decay.

You are fortunate that you don't have to deal with those little bastards. In the northeastern US (where I grew up) we have nothing like them. I think the climate is very much like Germany, but I live in Florida now and we have all sorts of poisonous spiders and snakes.

we have them here where I live and I have to patrol my kid's swingset regularly to make sure those things haven't moved in.

I'm glad that over here in Germany there are simply no dangerous animals like these spiders. In Australia, there are - among other killer vermin - marine stingers ("Irukandji") the size of a thumbnail that can kill you in a horribly painful manner. It's the tinyness that makes animals like these so dangerous. You cannot flee from a danger you cannot see. 

perhaps we need to set up an aging rockers health network

LOL... yep, it's depressing because all our youth idols are turning into old geezers. Which inevitably reminds us of our own decay.

Indeed! I'm already approaching full geezer status. 

Archived