DarnUI and Archive Invalidation Crashes Fallout 3

Hello! Recently I have been changing and modifying my game and installing and uninstalling mods to my fallout 3. I just got done playing through one of my games, so I decided to start new with a different mod setup, After 3 hours of messing with things, I figured out that the combination of DarnUI and ArchiveInvalidation are what are crashing my game. I need a work around, as I really enjoy having DarnUI present in my mod list. If anyone could help, said help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure to put the required edits from DarnUI in the .ini file. If ArchiveInvalidation is disabled you won't be able to see any loose meshes/textures added by mods, so it is required.

My guess is that something else is messing with your game. Without load order I (we) can't help you.

Make sure to put the required edits from DarnUI in the .ini file. If ArchiveInvalidation is disabled you won't be able to see any loose meshes/textures added by mods, so it is required.

My guess is that something else is messing with your game. Without load order I (we) can't help you.

Nope, it is the combination of the 2, and I deleted my ini, activated the Darnui fomod thing with FOMM, and then activated archive invalidation, and it still crashes

Nope, it is the combination of the 2, and I deleted my ini, activated the Darnui fomod thing with FOMM, and then activated archive invalidation, and it still crashes

Edit: Deleting your ini is a very bad idea as well.

Edit: Deleting your ini is a very bad idea as well.

Do you have any idea what I could do to fix it? I'll try manual ini editing but that didn't work the first 3 times that I tryed it

All you have to do is copy/pasting the lines into the ini, replacing the other lines under IIRC.

Both of these mods are not causing crashes, if they're not installed correctly. You either get messed up menus (DarnUI) or exclamation points/floating heads/messed up textures (AI).

It's a different conflict.

As I don't have magical powers and you don't provide the needed information, I can't help you.

All you have to do is copy/pasting the lines into the ini, replacing the other lines under IIRC.

Both of these mods are not causing crashes, if they're not installed correctly. You either get messed up menus (DarnUI) or exclamation points/floating heads/messed up textures (AI).

It's a different conflict.

As I don't have magical powers and you don't provide the needed information, I can't help you.

Then why does my game work without one of the 2 mods?  Of course there are texture glitches and all that without archive invalidation, but the game doesn' crash.  But I guess I could give you my load order anyways...

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

ThePitt.esm

Zeta.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

CINEMATECH.esm

HairPack.esm

StreetLights.esm

Cotozic's Vault Home.esm

EnhancedChildren.esm

AliciasCuteShop.esm

ImaginatorFO3.esp

Fawkes Essential.esp

FWE weapons pack.esp

Childhood Beginning.esp

AliciasCuteShopDoorOverride.esp

Cotozic'sVaultHomeGlobalPatch.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp

WeaponModKits.esp

WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp

WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp

WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp

WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp

WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp

WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp

RH_WMK_Bridge.esp

RH_FWE_Bridge.esp

RH_IronSights_Vanilla_NewWeapons.esp

RH_IronSights_PL_NewItems.esp

RH_IronSights_Pitt_NewRifleSights.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_ZetaPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_VanillaPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_PointLookoutPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_PittPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_BrokenSteelPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_AnchoragePlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_RemoveReticule.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + DLCs.esp

AnimalFriend-Insects-All.esp

AnimalFriend-Insects-Exclusions.esp

Comp_dont_steal_xp_hereticus.esp

Animal Friend-Radscorpions.esp

ScavengerHideoutENG.esp

ScavengerHideoutGER.esp

CaveHideout02.esp

Slam Sniper Package.esp

Dark Justice Duster.esp

VDSP-01.esp

SaveHotKey.esp

CASM.esp

hair_add_npc.esp

CRBSOR.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Increased Spawns.esp

DYNAVISION - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp

MrSlackPants-NightVisionGogglesShades.esp

MrSlackPants-NightVisionGogglesNoModel.esp

Directors Chair - Fallout 3.esp

Megaton Return.esp

LobotamizerRifle.esp

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

Total active plugins: 83

Total plugins: 104

There is a number of things you can do:

1. Use BOSS to sort out the LO

2. Load up Fo3edit with all your mods and see if it loads all the way through. If not you have a missing master or a messed up dependency.

3. Make a merged patch with FO3edit

4. Make sure you have FOSE

5. I hope you were joking about deleting your .ini. If not, restore your ini somehow and make the required changes according to the DarnUI OP.

6. I'm not familiar with these mods ScavengerHideoutENG.esp, ScavengerHideoutGER.esp, but if they both have the same size, you probably only need one of those.

7. The german version doesn't particularly play well with some mods, even if everything is installed correctly

8. If you have a multicore CPU, add/change the following lines to your fallout.ini (if still present).

[general]
bUseThreadedAI=1
iNumHWThreads=2 ( or 4,8,... depends on the number of cpu cores) 

8. If you have a multicore CPU, add/change the following lines to your fallout.ini (if still present).

[general]
bUseThreadedAI=1

Going to have to contradict you there, see here. It appears telling the game to use more cores may drastically increase game instability.

There is a number of things you can do:

1. Use BOSS to sort out the LO

2. Load up Fo3edit with all your mods and see if it loads all the way through. If not you have a missing master or a messed up dependency.

3. Make a merged patch with FO3edit

4. Make sure you have FOSE

5. I hope you were joking about deleting your .ini. If not, restore your ini somehow and make the required changes according to the DarnUI OP.

6. I'm not familiar with these mods ScavengerHideoutENG.esp, ScavengerHideoutGER.esp, but if they both have the same size, you probably only need one of those.

7. The german version doesn't particularly play well with some mods, even if everything is installed correctly

[general]
bUseThreadedAI=1

I have tried all of that except sorting with BOSS.  And deleting my ini just makes the fallout laucher generate a new one,  Then I can close the launcher and use fose

Then why does my game work without one of the 2 mods?

1. Becuase everyone else can run DarnUI and use AI without any problems.

2. AI is not a mod.

As I stated in my post, changing a lot of things around and uninstalling some mods caused this to start happening, where it didn't happen before.

And as common sense would tell you, if everyone else can run DarnUI and AI simultaneously, then DarnUI and AI running simultaneously is obviously not the problem. The problem is DarnUI, AI, and something else running simultaneously.

[general]
bUseThreadedAI=1
Going to have to contradict you there, see here. It appears telling the game to use more cores may drastically increase game instability.

Nope, it only seems to limit the max. plugins. I can still remember the horrors I had to endure, while I didn't have this tweak in place. Since then I rarely only get NVSR induced crashes after 2-3 hours, if I manage to somehow play that long.

@Bob

When does it crash? At startup? Or in certain situations?

Also, if you tried them all, why is there no merged patch in your LO? At least FWE+WMK require it.

[general]
bUseThreadedAI=1

Nope, it only seems to limit the max. plugins. I can still remember the horrors I had to endure, while I didn't have this tweak in place. Since then I rarely only get NVSR induced crashes after 2-3 hours, if I manage to somehow play that long.

@Bob

When does it crash? At startup? Or in certain situations?

Also, if you tried them all, why is there no merged patch in your LO? At least FWE+WMK require it.

I had tried disabling it to see if that would somehow be the cause of the crashes, and I guess I forgot to reenable it when I copied my LO

Did you make a new one for this LO or is it some old one? Remember to rebuild your merged patch (delete the old one/create a new one) everytime you change your LO or add/remove mods.

Also, when does it crash?

I managed to fix it by using NMM instead of FOMM and disabling the package in FOMM. I then deleted my INI and got a fresh one and made the necessary changes.  My font size is huge though, and I can't seem to get ironsights to work...

Archived