Armor Addons

I'm working on a personal project, dumping some armors throughout the wasteland in hard to reach areas and such, so there's a reason to explore, anyway, some of the armors in the plugin are not in the armors subsection, but instead under the "armor addon" header, and for whatever reason nvedit wont let me place them into the game world, whether it be a container or npc, it just keeps giving me an error. so my question is what exactly is the armor addon subsection in nvedit, and why cant i place them in game world without spawning them, google yeilds absolutely no results, probably because the term armor addon is so generic, even coupled with words like error or nvedit.

it would be greatly appreciated if someone gave me a link/rundown on what the armor addon section is exactly, and if they even are supposed to be placed in game, because it just plain old wont let me.

Armor addons are things that are technically parts of armor but also separate items. Like on the Leather Armor, the gloves are actually Armor Addons. They're not part of the Leather Armor mesh itself, instead the Leather Armor item refers to the two glove Addons and they appear to be part of the same armor while in-game. Though the base game doesn't seem to take advantage of it, this would allow for four subtle variations of Leather Armor (both gloves, one glove L, one glove R, no gloves) without the need for four versions of the complete Leather Armor mesh.

These items are only supposed to be used by Armor records, and not to be placed anywhere, which is why you're getting errors.

ahh, ok that makes sense, the things im trying to distribute are arm mounted weapons, so im guessing that the armor addons are whats going to latch the gun onto my arm when i equip it then.

on a side note, you would be amazed at the kinds of mods you can dig up by getting so bored that you pick a random Japanese modsite, download anything ending in .rar, .zip, or .7z off of it that you can find, and boot all the esp files up in nvedit to see what the hell you just got. i've discovered several buried treasures that way.

Archived