Mod reinstallation issue on load

I'm running the game through MO, and I go through the process of making sure everything is set up before starting a new game. I choose my mods. I run Bodyslide to generate morphs for my outfits. I run FNIS to rebuild animations. I run Wrye Bash to generate a patch. Then when that's all set I launch the game. 

Things are alright so far. I start up a new game and load into the Alternate Start dungeon. I pick a preset for character appearance and enter a name. Then I'm prompted by Character Creation Overhaul to choose a standing stone and a class. Then I let the mods install for a bit. I wait until all the notifications end, and then get to work setting up the mods. A lot of them I've got profiles for so its as simple as just activating and loading those, but others require me to set them up each time. Whatever, I only have to do it once per new game. When that's done and I've gotten through the process of setting up everything, I'm just about to pick an alternate start destination but I've got something I need to do, so I save the game, close it, and go do my thing. 

When I return and boot up the game, things seem fine until I actually load the save. I'm suddenly barraged by the notification wall telling me that all my mods have been installed. My character's hair color is wrong and they've got no eyes. The Alternate Start dungeon doesn't have a Mara statue and the dungeon outside the cell is walled off. I look through my mods in the MCM and find they've all reverted to their fresh install state. I look at my stats and find they're at the state from after I selected my Character Creation Overhaul class. 

Naturally I'm pissed; Something similar happened yesterday on a previous save that I'd abandoned because of this issue. For some reason my mods all seemed to reinstall in the middle of an adventure after I loaded a save. Thinking back to what could have caused it all I can think of is that I activated Auto-Unequip Shields to Back and ran LOOT before that issue popped up on the previous save.

So I try to run ReSave to see if there's anything lingering that needs to be cleaned up, but the save won't even load into the program. Searching online for a solution has thus far proved largely unhelpful.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong with my game, or how I can fix it? I am admittedly running over 300 mods, but I've never encountered this issue until now. 

ok one of the golden rules of Skyrim is never to change load order once you have started a save, changing this could result in issues. I would suggest for you to try using the current load order you have after running LOOT and create a brand new save to test if the problem you are having is related to what I'm describing or the problem is an actual issue with the new/updated mods you have installed/updated.

if creating a new save with the new/updated load order works fine then you found your issue then if not. I suggest at this point revert whatever changes you made and try again. but always using a new (fresh) save. using old save could still be an issue further more you could actually damage it beyond repairs.

hope this helps.

Dodzh,

Obviously changing the load on an in-progress save is stupid idea and I should have seen something going wrong when I did it yesterday. Issue is that I then abandoned that screwed up save, but the issue with the mods reinstalling themselves persisted into a new save. Starting up a new game seemed to be working, but then when I loaded that new game all the mods reinstalled without me actually going to change anything.

I'll try your suggestion and get back on whether it does anything.

I started a new game after verifying my files, opening sse through steam, modifying my load list to not include Auto-Unequip Shield to Back, running my load order through XEdit's quick clean, and then rebuilding my bashed patch. The issue doesn't seem to occur upon loading up the newly created save. 

I will tentatively consider the issue resolved.