Devious Bounty Collectors

Devious Bounty Collectors

View File

Hi everyone! This is my first mod. I hope its working correctly for everyone. 

Currently it changes the dialogue on the bounty collector NPC, to allow him to send you to simple slavery if you don't have the money to pay your bounty and don't want to fight. In future versions I want to figure out how to use devious devices and also to edit other NPCs such as the hired thugs. Ok thanks for reading :)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/21/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Simple Slavery
  • Special Edition Compatible

2 hours ago, timazeezee said:

I don't own SSE sadly. If anyone wants to go through the trouble of porting it over to SSE then they're welcome to :)

Probably nothing to do there. 

I checked the esp and the scripts and felt confident in compacting and eslyfing the esp. 

Will report if it works

It might be a better idea to start with the other NPCs (like the hired thugs as you mentioned). Prison Overhaul Patched already handles the bounty hunters (with the exception that they do not send you to Simple Slavery).  You would likely have conflicts.

Bounty hunters are really meant to take you to jail if you cannot pay the bounty.  Serious crimes they just take you to jail.

The hired thugs, on the other hand, would fit nicely as they are hired to rough the player up and intimidate them, so it would make sense that they might sell the player off to get a few extra septims for themselves.  Even the hired assassins would fit as well.  Maybe the revelers need some entertainment or extra gold :).  Then there is M'aiq the Liar, the old orc, the theif.... All those chance encounters.

Not trying to discourage you from your path, just offering some ideas :)

5 hours ago, slvsaris said:

It might be a better idea to start with the other NPCs (like the hired thugs as you mentioned). Prison Overhaul Patched already handles the bounty hunters (with the exception that they do not send you to Simple Slavery).  You would likely have conflicts.

Bounty hunters are really meant to take you to jail if you cannot pay the bounty.  Serious crimes they just take you to jail.

The hired thugs, on the other hand, would fit nicely as they are hired to rough the player up and intimidate them, so it would make sense that they might sell the player off to get a few extra septims for themselves.  Even the hired assassins would fit as well.  Maybe the revelers need some entertainment or extra gold :).  Then there is M'aiq the Liar, the old orc, the theif.... All those chance encounters.

Not trying to discourage you from your path, just offering some ideas :)

Hired thugs are a more complicated quest to edit it turns out but yes, I do plan on expanding into other encounters.(Although annoyingly its hard to test them cos they're well... random)

Now this is the kind of mod I like to see! A neat and simple idea that ties into already existing mechanics. I don't use simple slavery myself because I find none of its outcomes fun (other than S.L.U.T.S.), but look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

I like @slvsaris's suggestion on using the revelers. In a devious Skyrim, they'd invite the PC to come and have a drink, only to lace her mead with some skooma, have their way with her, and possibly sell her off into slavery.

As for the hired thugs, I'd just change that encounter so that the lesson is to rough up the PC (i.e. fistfight unless she draws a weapon) and gangbang her if she loses, instead of killing her outright over the theft of an apple. I suppose some of the defeat mods can already be used to that effect though.

37 minutes ago, orgs1n said:

Now this is the kind of mod I like to see! A neat and simple idea that ties into already existing mechanics. I don't use simple slavery myself because I find none of its outcomes fun (other than S.L.U.T.S.), but look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

I like @slvsaris's suggestion on using the revelers. In a devious Skyrim, they'd invite the PC to come and have a drink, only to lace her mead with some skooma, have their way with her, and possibly sell her off into slavery.

As for the hired thugs, I'd just change that encounter so that the lesson is to rough up the PC (i.e. fistfight unless she draws a weapon) and gangbang her if she loses, instead of killing her outright over the theft of an apple. I suppose some of the defeat mods can already be used to that effect though.

That does sound quite fun. There are a lot of kinky outcomes I have in mind for the bounty hunters, so I'm probably going to set it up so a random one gets picked :)

Did you had a look at the hydragon slave girls mods? There are many slaver and npcs with slaves running around ... im not talking about the devious framework route ... but you could make the npcs aware of the pc and talk to him ...

if they ask him if the pc would submit to them fine than go the sd+ route if not get hit up with a bounty for the bounty hunters to hunt the PC down from there go the simple slavery route for example

or

the slaver "oooh the pc is alone and vulnerable submit or take us on ... if he submits any outcome possible there

16 minutes ago, Baltasarr80 said:

Did you had a look at the hydragon slave girls mods? There are many slaver and npcs with slaves running around ... im not talking about the devious framework route ... but you could make the npcs aware of the pc and talk to him ...

if they ask him if the pc would submit to them fine than go the sd+ route if not get hit up with a bounty for the bounty hunters to hunt the PC down from there go the simple slavery route for example

or

the slaver "oooh the pc is alone and vulnerable submit or take us on ... if he submits any outcome possible there

I have actually thought of making an addon for hydragorgon's slave girls!(or just a new mod with similar features, hydra's slave girl mod is great but showing its age) I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that might be a cool idea

I'm on SE and waiting to see if any try it out and it works, but since people are throwing out ideas, here's one that might be easy (not a MA, so I'm not sure). Maybe at night, there are one or two corrupt guards (possibly outside the gate bandits posing as guards) looking to abduct potential slaves.  That way, you could just create those NPCs from the ground up and not worry about conflicts. You could go even further and give them their own cell where they keep you locked up for a while, maybe with a "happiness meter" of sorts where they keep you as long as they enjoy your company (this could give the chance for escape/revenge scenario). 

54 minutes ago, kdoggg1971 said:

I'm on SE and waiting to see if any try it out and it works, but since people are throwing out ideas, here's one that might be easy (not a MA, so I'm not sure). Maybe at night, there are one or two corrupt guards (possibly outside the gate bandits posing as guards) looking to abduct potential slaves.  That way, you could just create those NPCs from the ground up and not worry about conflicts. You could go even further and give them their own cell where they keep you locked up for a while, maybe with a "happiness meter" of sorts where they keep you as long as they enjoy your company (this could give the chance for escape/revenge scenario). 

Thanks for the idea! IDK if/when I'll be confident enough in my technical abilities to make that but it seems like a really fun scenario to try!

Ok so next update I'm probably gonna expand the revelers and maybe the hired thugs. Probably gonna rename the mod something like "Devious Encounters". I'm probably gonna add devious devices - equip as a master because it has more clearly explained methods for scripting with it.(Im really dumb and cant work out regular devious devices scripting. Sorry everyone!!)

Ok I've got a question for the more experienced modders here: Whats the best way to go about testing random encounters like these? Is there some kind of debug command I can use or am I just stuck upping the percentage chance in story manager and running backwards and forwards along the road?

• 1 year later...

First of all nice mod idea, keep up the geat work! and dont overwork yourself ?

On 4/22/2021 at 10:07 PM, timazeezee said:

Ok so next update I'm probably gonna expand the revelers and maybe the hired thugs. Probably gonna rename the mod something like "Devious Encounters". I'm probably gonna add devious devices - equip as a master because it has more clearly explained methods for scripting with it.(Im really dumb and cant work out regular devious devices scripting. Sorry everyone!!)

If you need help on this matter i might be able give you some advice, but i havent modded myself in quite some time so no promises. Once you figured dd scripting out it gets way better, trust me.

Sadly i cant help you with the random encounters, but i am sure there is a way to force them through console. 

Edited by Kyra.N