Trails of Cold Steel 4 (Mod Request)

16 hours ago, lakovic said:

@amorrow28Hello,

When I use pkg+3dmigoto together, there will be some strange shadows, I have not modified any files of rean, but sometimes these strange shadows will appear on his face, it does not always appear, but in some It only happens at one angle, and when I move the mouse to the angle, it disappears. (And it's not just rean, sometimes it's an NPC, sometimes it's other male characters. On the contrary, those female characters that I modified rarely have such strange shadows)

I'm trying to figure out why, when I close 3dmigoto completely, this weird shadow is gone, or, when I remove all the PKG, it disappears too, but using both together, it appears .

All my mod files have not modified rean, what is the reason?

Reveal hidden contents

Snipaste_2023-07-27_16-03-46.png.e997a615d2287fa8840ba69e4e0649db.png

This is a problem of activating a shader. My Unskirt mod has the same problem, you will see those shadows in the fairy spring and final dungeon rest area on Rean. In CS3 it was because of a shader I was using to give support for removing Altina’s tights in the costume select menu. In both cases, this was long before we had pkg mods.

18 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

This is a problem of activating a shader. My Unskirt mod has the same problem, you will see those shadows in the fairy spring and final dungeon rest area on Rean. In CS3 it was because of a shader I was using to give support for removing Altina’s tights in the costume select menu. In both cases, this was long before we had pkg mods.

If 3dmigoto is used alone, these strange shadows rarely appear, there may be only one scene, once it is used in combination with PKG, then strange shadows appear all the time, really damn it. I tried to replace various shaders on the PKG, and then tried to reduce the use of shaders through 3dmigoto, but none of them worked. I don’t know if CS4 or Hajimari will have a similar situation

Spoiler

Snipaste_2023-07-29_02-52-11.png.dc6ab845bdc455b0660933d57d3a496a.png

18 hours ago, takuteka said:

JunaUtaware2.png.ae5e914c476090eb72ba47b6bf3a38dc.png

Thanks!  I have updated the mod, now the ears/tail and the hair color are available!  The updated mod is available for download here.

Unfortunately, the game does not let you activate the same DLC twice, so if you have already activated it, please also download the cheat engine table that I provided in the same post.  You can use it to purchase the accessories from any item shop.

3 hours ago, lakovic said:

If 3dmigoto is used alone, these strange shadows rarely appear, there may be only one scene, once it is used in combination with PKG, then strange shadows appear all the time, really damn it. I tried to replace various shaders on the PKG, and then tried to reduce the use of shaders through 3dmigoto, but none of them worked. I don’t know if CS4 or Hajimari will have a similar situation

Reveal hidden contents

Snipaste_2023-07-29_02-52-11.png.dc6ab845bdc455b0660933d57d3a496a.png

I do not think we have solved all the problems with shadow shaders and the compiler.  I do not know how to help you further, unfortunately.  You are doing something new that none of us have tried!  ?

On 7/27/2023 at 3:13 AM, lakovic said:

@amorrow28Hello,

When I use pkg+3dmigoto together, there will be some strange shadows, I have not modified any files of rean, but sometimes these strange shadows will appear on his face, it does not always appear, but in some It only happens at one angle, and when I move the mouse to the angle, it disappears. (And it's not just rean, sometimes it's an NPC, sometimes it's other male characters. On the contrary, those female characters that I modified rarely have such strange shadows)

I'm trying to figure out why, when I close 3dmigoto completely, this weird shadow is gone, or, when I remove all the PKG, it disappears too, but using both together, it appears .

All my mod files have not modified rean, what is the reason?

Hide contents

Snipaste_2023-07-27_16-03-46.png.e997a615d2287fa8840ba69e4e0649db.png

My thought: do the names of materials matter? Perhaps changes to one model could impact other models with materials with the same name.

I have seen a similar issue in CS4 but have done no serious troubleshooting:

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-07-2818_55_09.png.093adae35930cd097e43e3ff536dc245.png

Edited by NotAZebra
On 7/14/2023 at 11:43 PM, FaxTM said:

It works great, Thanks for taking time out of your day to update it! One issue I can see though, her gun is invisible. I don't mind, since she isn't holding it in most of her screen time, but in battle and in cutscenes where she is holding her gun, its just not there.

This problem is fixed now. See this post.

6 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

JunaUtaware2.png.ae5e914c476090eb72ba47b6bf3a38dc.png

Thanks!  I have updated the mod, now the ears/tail and the hair color are available!  The updated mod is available for download here.

Unfortunately, the game does not let you activate the same DLC twice, so if you have already activated it, please also download the cheat engine table that I provided in the same post.  You can use it to purchase the accessories from any item shop.

Thank you amorrow28. I'm glad to play on steam.

The Legend of Heroes  Trails of Cold Steel IV Screenshot 2023.07.29 - 13.53.43.97.png

@amorrow28As for the shadow problem, in fact it does not always appear, so it has little effect on the experience of the game. And with PKG I can have more nude girls, which is already great. Thank you so much for bringing such a great modding tool to the community, you are a God of Trails

@NotAZebraI checked the skin shaders used by the character, they are not always the same, under the same PKG, the face and hands shaders are also different, when I try to mix them, or change to the same, There is no change in the game either.
For example, most of the characters (Juna, Musse, Altina's school uniform), their exposed skin shaders, mostly
ed8_chr.fx#FCF75F3D71D2F2AC53AF0F3A16C0C12E
ed8_chr.fx#FE0E269276F48702FF5C4D06A8DAF460
And when (Juna, Musse, Altina's bath towel), the skin shader they use is
ed8_chr.fx#0A990E45F351D21E5A667D5A873CCCBC
ed8_chr.fx#D17042B5B8A52481BB36B5BE9F786B01
Most skin shaders used by NPCs
ed8_chr.fx#A236E64E1025422D75ED423A7DF8127F
ed8_chr.fx#6ABA543F8BE8FFA79704D1ED3DAB7419
In addition, there are many skin shaders, I can't list them all, they are all distributed on different characters.
I tried swapping the shaders between them, not only the body's skin shader, but also the face, but the shadow problem always occurs, once I delete the pkg or close one of the 3dmigoto, this shadow problem disappears.

14 hours ago, XanaduCSIV said:

This is awesome!  Thanks!

I was able to swap this model into CS3 and looks like the shaders are good to render it, but I have not tried the attachments.  Have you ever written table files to port models from CS4 to CS3 before?  I don't know how to do any of that.  Was just curious if you wanted to try?  It's better than replacing something like Juna's apron with it.

I didn't think there'd be any interest, since my CS3 mod download numbers are so low these days.  But sure, here you go, a CS3 version of the Kuon costume.  Thank you for testing the shaders.  I ended up changing one shader because it did not exist in CS3, so I picked a similar one from CS3 to avoid the odd crash.

TitaTutorial.png.d52a265a4a4ed128b9013e1e4fe89404.png

I have updated my costume transfer tutorial, and added a section on how to make a DLC package!  (I have written a set of python scripts to make the whole process easier, no hex editing needed.  The download is in the tutorial.)

The Tita swimsuit from the tutorial is also available as a ready-to-use DLC package, which you can download from the bottom of the tutorial.  (The costume itself has also been rebuilt in ED8 Mod Tools v2.2.1, so now she has proper lighting and shadows.)

On 7/29/2023 at 1:19 PM, amorrow28 said:

TitaTutorial.png.d52a265a4a4ed128b9013e1e4fe89404.png

I have updated my costume transfer tutorial, and added a section on how to make a DLC package!  (I have written a set of python scripts to make the whole process easier, no hex editing needed.  The download is in the tutorial.)

The Tita swimsuit from the tutorial is also available as a ready-to-use DLC package, which you can download from the bottom of the tutorial.  (The costume itself has also been rebuilt in ED8 Mod Tools v2.2.1, so now she has proper lighting and shadows.)

Excellent! Thanks for compiling and distilling all that knowledge from people on Discord for us.

Mod tools updated to v2.2.2!

Changelog:

• build_collada.py will now exit gracefully if a .vgmap contains a bone that does not exist on the skeleton, with an error message identifying the name of the submesh and the name of the missing bone.
  • build_collada.py will no longer crash if an invalid (singular) matrix is found in the heirarchy, if the node does not belong to the model skeleton (e.g. if it is a locator).  (Angelica and Edel fix)
  • Cubemap support has been re-implemented (removed in v2.2.0).  It does not appear to be applied properly (no visible effect on the model), but models with cubemaps can once again be compiled properly by the compiler and will otherwise load in-game properly. (Stahlritter fix) - please re-extract the models so that the cubemaps are present and metadata is updated before attempting compile.

The upload and guide to usage can be found here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=4010707

On 8/4/2023 at 7:56 AM, amorrow28 said:

Mod tools updated to v2.2.2!

Changelog:

• build_collada.py will now exit gracefully if a .vgmap contains a bone that does not exist on the skeleton, with an error message identifying the name of the submesh and the name of the missing bone.
  • build_collada.py will no longer crash if an invalid (singular) matrix is found in the heirarchy, if the node does not belong to the model skeleton (e.g. if it is a locator).  (Angelica and Edel fix)
  • Cubemap support has been re-implemented (removed in v2.2.0).  It does not appear to be applied properly (no visible effect on the model), but models with cubemaps can once again be compiled properly by the compiler and will otherwise load in-game properly. (Stahlritter fix) - please re-extract the models so that the cubemaps are present and metadata is updated before attempting compile.

The upload and guide to usage can be found here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=4010707

Awesome, thanks for all your hard work

• 2 weeks later...

Mod tools updated to v2.2.4!

Changelog:

• README updated, adding URL to Tutorial wiki.
  • Catch and report errors for:
    • Invalid JSON (update of lib_fmtibvb from repository eArmada8/gust_stuff)
    • Missing python module(s)
    • Invalid vertex group assignments
    • Missing shaders in metadata.json
    • Missing materials in metadata.json
    • Missing shader files in pkg build folder
  • ed8pkg2gltf.py now correctly outputs FMT element indices
  • extract_pka.py update from repository eArmada8/extract_pka.  The script now asks for confirmation before extracting entire pka if a user inputs nothing when asked which files to extract.

Mod tools updated to v2.2.5!

Changelog:

• Decompiler now properly identifies the R32_UINT vs R16UINT vs R8_UINT index buffers, instead of assuming R16_UINT.
  • Unskinned meshes are now properly attached to parent nodes.
  • Improved compatibility with switchless shaders.

Juna’s hair: down or magical

Use:

• Have 3dmigoto installed (you can use my 3dmigoto environment if you don’t have one: 3dmigoto_CS4.7z)
  • Extract the mod files you want to use
  • Place either set of mod files (not both) in the Mods folder
  • There is a chance that other steps may be needed if your 3dmigoto setup differs from mine.

Why 3dmigoto? The hair mesh is identical across many Juna models, so this is far easier than modifying every pkg file. This is also compatible with other pkg file mods as long as they don’t alter the hair mesh.

Other hair mods:

Edited by NotAZebra

@amorrow28

Hello, I saw this sentence when I was making pkg recently,

Mesh segment has more than 80 bones, will fall back to CPU skinning on all platforms,

I quite understand the first half of the paragraph, but I don't quite understand the phrase 'will fall back to CPU skinning on all platforms'. Will the PKG produced this way have any impact on mod?

I'm curious. I created a pkg and opened the game, but I didn't find any impact